Mississauga, ON, L5V1S9
Nov 26th, 2018
Robert Half Technology
Quality Assurance Analyst
Dear Hiring Manager,
I have enclosed my resume for the Quality Assurance Analyst opportunity in your company. I have my MBA from North Park University Chicago USA and am currently enrolled at George Brown College in the Information System Business Analysis Postgraduate Program, and, as part of the program, completing a coop term at TELUS as a Business Analyst supporting the TELUS Health Operations team. My experience working in the Software Testing and Business Analysis field, would enable me to put forth an outstanding effort in providing quality results. In addition to working knowledge, this has allowed me to gain strong interpersonal and valuable client relationship skills. Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you to set up a time to meet. I can be reached at 647-***-**** or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org Sincerely,
5240 Alicante St, Mississauga, ON. L5V 1S9
Objective: Seeking Quality Assurance Analyst position in Robert Half Technology where I could maximize my business analysis knowledge and Technical skills.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATION:
• Over five years’ experience in QA, Business Analysis, Business Development, and Customers Relations.
• Extensive knowledge of QA, SDLC, business analysis, methodologies, tools, techniques, and competencies.
• Mentored and lead various testing activities including unit test, integration test, functional test etc.
• Substantial work experience in understanding objectives, determining data requirements and designing analytical data procedures.
• Experience gathering software requirements and applying analysis to solve issues.
• Detail oriented, self-motivated and a quick learner. Able to recover quickly after change or disruption.
• Excellent research, analytical, and problem-solving skills, written, presentation, communication skills, TECHNICAL SKILLS:
• Operating Systems: Windows, Mac, and Linux.
• Language and Applications Knowledge: XML, Oracle, RDBMS, SAP. C++, SQL, JAVA, HTML, IBM Cogon’s, MS Office, MS Excel, PowerPoint, SDLC.
• Tools: QTP, QC, Trello Board, Balsamiq, Figma, Lucidchart, Visio, and Jira. EDUCATION:
Postgraduate in Information System Business Analysis-George Brown College: Sep 2017 - Aug 2018 Toronto, Canada:
Business Analysis Diploma, IIBA: Sep 2017 - Aug 2018 MBA - North Park University, Chicago, (USA): Jan 1996 - Aug 1998 Diploma in Computer Science, University of Engineering & Technology Lahore (PAK): Jan 1993 - Jan 1994 Projects:
Toronto District School Board Website Analysis: Jan 2018 - Apr 2018
• Conducted thorough analysis of website functionality, with the understanding of the pain points for users.
• Created conceptual models on how to improve the website with software tools Figma and Balsamiq.
• Critical thinking with what areas of the website must be improved for smoother user experience. E-signature Document for TD Wealth Management: Sep 2017 - Jan 2018
• Developed efficiently business process maps (BPM) to examine the current state to the future state, with the implementation of e-Signature on documents.
• In-depth analysis of the user interface and user experience between the user and system. E-Parking System for George Brown College: Sep 2017 - Jan 2018
• Team lead for process improvement proposal for George Brown College “e-parking system, and mobile application” for students, faculty, admin and alumni benefits.
• Researched and analyzed business processes, procedures, designed solutions, process flows using various process model tools, techniques, and problem-solving skills. IT Project Management - Malaysia Vacation Plan: Sep 2017 – Jan 2018
• Effectively conducted scope analysis for the purpose to understand what resources are required to plan a vacation. Developed a scope statement to assess the cost, time and risks.
• Articulated project charters, work-breakdown structures and Gantt charts with the use of MS Project.
• Computed planned value (PV), earned value (EV), cost variance (CV) for the project. WORK HISTORY:
Business Analyst CO-OP – TELUS Sep 2018 – Dec 2018
• Analysed and migrated technical architecture documents into a new template format to improve the data structure.
• Imported virtual device inventory into TELUS Health inventory database, cross referencing for accuracy.
• Documented Rapid7 Nexposed scan schedule in excel
• Managed, updated, and imported documents into Sharepoint for various teams; conducted an inventory of SharePoint content using the ShareGate tool.
• Imported scorecard data from an excel file into a Tableau online workbook.
• Updated and Analyzed the OAK report Incidents.
• Created, modified, and formatted pivot tables and charts using worksheet data and external resources.
• Generated the overtime report by pivot table, analyzed the main drivers of overtime, and used business strategies and techniques to reduce it.
QA Analyst Ingenico Toronto, Canada: Dec 2015 - Jun 2016
• Ensured that all the test artifacts adhere to testing standards and according to stakeholder’s requirements.
• Analysed the production process and participated in product release process.
• Reviewed specific test strategies and techniques to improve the quality and system reliability.
• Worked closely with Project Manager and Developers, to successfully deliver high-quality projects. Business Development – CNG Gas Station, Pakistan Jan 2009 - May 2014
(Compressed natural gas being used as fuel for vehicles)
• Made feasibility, elicit the requirement for the set-up of personal business for CNG gas station in Pakistan.
• Established and set-up the business according the business requirement and business needs.
• Maintained the customer relationship by providing best customer service and incentives.
• Reviewed the monthly sales performance and discussed the variance needed to increase market growth. Quality Assurance Engineer, Celestica Toronto, (Canada). Sep 2005 - Sep 2008
• Identify, developed specific test strategies, configured test network hardware and software, performed functionality and reliability tests.
• Maintained, updated results and logs database to anticipate the possible future occurrences.
• Analyzed, defined and elicit the root cause and resolved customer product design issues on time. Quality Assurance Engineer, UNext.com IL (USA) Jun 2002 - Mar 2005
• Used Clear Quest, created personal queries to find an existing defect.
• Managed software development, bug tracking, and building defect status report weekly.
• Tested the animations, videos, graphical user interface (GUI), data entry, and functionality of the systems. Tester, Lumenaré Networks, CA (USA) Feb 2000 - Jan 2002
• Evaluated Java-based software to control network devices remotely by the web interfaces.
• Performed module testing, integration testing, system testing, and regression testing according to the technical specifications by using automated test tool, (Segue’s Silk Test tool).