Quality-focused Administrative Assistant committed to approaching administrative tasks with tenacity and attention to detail.
● Verifying insurance coverage
● Administrative assistance
● Faxing paperwork
● Time management
● Customer-service oriented
● Policy and procedure modification
● Travel arrangements
● Teamwork and collaboration
● Types 45 WPM
● Attention to detail
● Fast learner
● Strong computer skills (Excel, Word)
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT 09/2005 to 11/2018
Bakersfield Heart Hospital - Bakersfield, CA
Answered and managed incoming and outgoing calls while recording accurate messages.
Screened and sorted incoming mail, faxes and deliveries, routing to appropriate personnel.
● Answered and quickly redirected calls.
Operated office photocopiers, coordinated travel arrangements, maintained office bulletin board and assisted staff with clerical or procedural requirements.
Performed accounts receivable duties, including invoicing, researching charge backs, discrepancies and reconciliations.
● Greeted customers and visitors in-person and via telephone calls.
● Coordinated office inventory by restocking supplies and placing purchase orders. Verified and created claim Numbers by communicating with various insurance companies.
● Opened and properly distributed incoming mail.
Scheduled office meetings for the case management department and scheduled follow up appointments for patients after discharge.
Performed clerical tasks, including answering incoming phone calls, sorting mail and sending correspondence.
Coordinated domestic and international travel arrangements, including booking airfare, hotel and transportation.
Coordinated, scheduled and arranged meeting and travel calendars, including business and social events.
● Obtained signatures for financial documents and internal and external invoices. Aggregated and prepared documentation and reports for office meetings, distribution and filing.
● Checked accuracy and integrity of files and resolved errors. Coordinated travel accommodations for staff and out-of-town visitors, including vouchers, agendas and transportation.
● Prepared packages for shipment, pickup or courier delivery to customers.
● Assisted with event planning, including associated travel and logistical arrangements.
● Assisted senior administrative professionals with daily work tasks. Provided clerical support to company employees, including copying, faxing and file management.
● Maintained a clean reception area, including lounge and associated areas.
● Prepared and distributed payroll for staff of 34 direct reports.
● Helped distribute employee notices and mail around the office.
● Ordered and distributed office supplies while adhering to fixed office budget. Supported administrative duties, including overseeing the hospital policies and making sure the hospital certifications were up to date.
ASSISTANT MANAGER 08/2001 to 12/2007
Wee Care Daycare - Bakersfield, CA
● Interacted with parents as they dropped off and picked up their children
● Provided CA State approved meals to children
● Oversaw and taught preschool age children using Mother Goose program
● Provided transportation for children after school Handled Community Connections paperwork and ensured all necessary paperwork was completed and turned in on time.
West High School - Bakersfield, CA High School Diploma 2001
Received Certificate of Attendance for the California Medical Association/Institute for Medical Quality CME Essentials Workshop