SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
Over 20 years’ experience within the Marine Research field as a spatial data specialist, including 15 years using ArcGIS. ROV survey data collection, processing, visualization, and support to ROV survey. Extensive background in managing, organizing and archiving complex survey and GIS data. EDUCATION
• Master of Geographic Information Systems (2018), University of Redlands, Redlands, CA, 3.7 GPA Project: Creating Seafloor Image Map from ROV Video using Pix4D. Presented at the ESRI User Conference 2018
• Bachelor of Science in Oceanography (2007), Humboldt State University, Arcata, CA, 3.5 GPA SKILLS
• ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, Web GIS
• Microsoft Office: Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Coding with Python and Visual Basic for Application
• Hypack and TrackMan (Underwater Navigation System)
• Various Oceanographic Sampling Equipment
• SeaBird (CTD data management)
• Pix4D (Photogrammetry software)
• May 2018 – Aug 2018 GIS Intern City of Redlands, Redlands, CA Developed web GIS applications and conducted spatial analysis to support the City of Redlands
• Nov 2010 – Dec 2017 GIS Specialist Marine Applied Research & Exploration, Eureka, CA Responsible for all data processing, geodatabase development, and data visualization using ArcGIS. Worked as an ROV navigator/Data manager at the field. Provided training to non-GIS interns for GIS tasks.
• Feb 2008 – Oct 2010 Data Specialist II The Pacific States Marine Fisheries Commission, Eureka, CA Worked as a member of CA Dept. of Fish and Wildlife ROV team. Provided GIS support for all the ROV survey and was an ROV navigator at the field.
• Mar 2001 – Jan 2008 Scientific Aide GIS Lab at CA Dept. of Fish and Wildlife, Monterey/Eureka, CA Provided the GIS support for the scientists at the department.
• Apr 2004 – Aug 2004 Marine Technician Nippon Marine Enterprises. Ltd., Yokosuka, Japan Worked as a temporary marine technician in the Ocean Bottom Seismograph team
• Sep 2003 - Oct 2003 GIS Intern at H2O cruise Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute, Seattle, WA Worked as a GIS intern for the H2O cruise. Departed from Seattle, and the site was on the Pacific Ocean between California and Hawaii.
TRAINING / AWARD
• CGIA Best Student Paper Award, 2018
• GIS Leadership Scholarship Award, 2017
• CA Dept. of Fish and Wildlife, Certification Training of California Natural Diversity Database, 2008
• Marine Technology Society, ROV Scholarship Award, 2005
• California Department of Fish and Game, Diver Certification Training, 2003
• The Partnership for Interdisciplinary Studies of Coastal Oceans, Fish, Invertebrate and Algae ID Training, 2003
• American Academy of Underwater Sciences, Research Diver Training at Monterey Peninsula College, 2002