949-***-**** email@example.com Irvine, CA
Objective: I am actively looking for a back-end software engineer role. EDUCATION
University of California Irvine, Irvine, CA Expected March 2019 Master of Software Engineering
Dalian University of Technology, Dalian, China Sep 2013 - June 2017 Bachelor of Software Engineering
Share Coding Pad July 2018 – Aug 2018
• Implemented a single page application collaborative code editor supports major coding languages and simultaneous editing among multiple users. - Angular2, Node.js, Socket.io
• Designed and developed the back-end service of share coding pad. Constructed No-SQL database design for supporting user data persistent. - MangoDB
• Built backend with Flask and Docker to provide executor service for building and executing user’s code.
• Responsible for app optimization with decoupling services using RESTful API and load balancing by Nginx.
• Final product has released in personal networks and has 5 DAUs overall. News Feeder July 2018 – Aug 2018
• Implemented a real-time news scraping and recommendation single-page web application from scratch for supporting news feed to subscribers. - React
• Built a data pipeline to detect, scrape, dedupe and classify news for better response time and user experience. All tasks are accommodated on cloud message queue. - RabbitMQ
• Developed a log processor for updating user preferences and designed an offline training pipeline for news topic modeling. – Tensorflow, DNN, NLP
• Managed team of 4 and responsible for tracking timeline and set mile stones for team. Worked under agile environment. – Agile, Scrum
Workout Scheduler Jan 2018 – Feb 2018
• Implemented an Android Application giving workout activity recommendations based on user behavior and preferences. - Java
• Application supports rank tracking based on user preferences, user activities, daily food intake, GPS and the BMR derived from the user profile.
• Application has published at Android store since Jan 2018 and has more than 100 downloads. Facial Detector Feb 2017 – June 2017
• Constructed a facial detector for recognizing user identity by comparing stored facial information.
• Implemented a feature to extract face feature and trained joint Bayesian model for face verification. - DeepID2 algorithm, Caffe
• Built self-learning feature for filtering pictures contain human facial identities. - ConvNets
• Final product achieved 96.7% accuracy overall under TB level data testing. - LFW Leadership, Awards & Activities
• Class president responsible for fellow student study motivation, connection between professors and class.
• Study scholarship of Dalian University of Technology.
• Outstanding graduate of Dalian University of Technology.
• Sold gifts donated to China Red Cross Society to help children who live in poverty.