New York Institute of Technology, Old Westbury, NY GPA 3.68 Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering January 2019 University of Pune, Pune, India MAY 2016
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
• MS Office • Excel • MS Word • CNC
• CATIA • MATLAB • AutoCAD • Lathe
• ANSYS • HyperMesh • Top Overhauling • Tappet Setting
• HVAC • GD&T • Major Overhauling • Valve Lapping
Department of Mechanical Engineering (New York Institute of Technology) AUG 2017 – AUG 2018
• Developed optical diagnostics for a single-axis acoustic levitator.
• Provided professor with assistance in designing and fabricating hardware, data collection, and data analysis.
• Designed holder for Ultrasonic sound emitter in SolidWorks and Fabricated using 3D Printer.
Department of Mechanical Engineering (New York Institute of Technology) AUG 2017 – MAY 2018
• Developed code on MATLAB to crop section of CT, MRI, Ultrasonography, Radiography Images which are in DICOM format.
• These cropped images where used to create 3D models by InVesalius software. Intern
Icps Engineering Pvt. Ltd. (Bhavnagar, India) APRIL 2015 – MAY 2015
• Major overhauling of CAT 3508 Engine.
• Inspection and installation of cam shafts during top overhauling of CAT 3304 Engine.
• Installation of exhaust valves and tappet settings during the maintenance of engine.
• Bedding of Shaft and propeller.
Micro Fab Industries (Vapi, India) DEC 2014 – JAN 2015
• Designed eye bolts and eye lags using CATIA software.
• Helped the maintenance dept. during onsite maintenance of the paper mill equipment. Intern
Welspun Maxx Steel Ltd. (Mumbai, India) JUNE 2014
• Examined the waste heat recovery unit.
• Fabricated a rim that withstands the high backpressure in the valve during the shutdown period.
• Lapping of valves, injector replacement of CAT 3508 Diesel Engine.
• Know to read Process Flow Diagram (PFD) which indicates general flow of plant processes and equipment.
Vaibhav Madhukar Patil 143 1st street, Hicksville,NY 11801 firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Pune,
Internal Tapping Unit for Sheet Metal Components AUG 2015-MAY 2016
• Designed and manufactured a new automation process for tapping sheet metal component, that resulted in increased production rate. Design of Conveyor Belt AUG 2015 –DEC 2015
• Designed horizontal belt conveyor system used for thermal power plant for carrying 180 tons/hrs of coal which includes belt speed, belt width, motor selection, belt specification, shaft diameter, pulley, gear box selection, with the help of standard model calculation.
New York Institute of Technology, SPRING 2018
Old Westbury, NY
Duct Design layout for Medical offices
• Led 4-person team to design HVAC Ductwork.
• Calculated the Heating Load, Cooling Load, CFM according to the design specification.
• Used DUCTULATOR to calculate the dimension of the duct.
• Sketch the Air Flow Diagram of HVAC duct system.
• Highly proficient in the use of AutoCAD.