ADMINISTRATIVE PROFESSIONAL / PROJECT MANAGER
AREAS OF EMPHASIS: OFFICE MANAGEMENT, VOLUNTEER TRAINING & COORDINATION Training Specialist with 15+ years of Administrative, Sales, Event Planning, and Project Management experience seeking a new opportunity. Extensive experience recruiting, training, and leading teams of volunteers and staff members to accomplish organizational goals. Well-prepared to effectively manage daily office operations by providing all aspects of administrative support, including calendar and internal communications management, correspondence preparation, meeting and event coordination, travel planning, budget development, inventory control, data analysis, report creation, and database maintenance. Dedicated leader with outstanding communication, organizational, and time management skills and a proven track record of success managing special projects and utilizing technology to improve the efficiency of business processes and maximize productivity. Holds a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering. AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Team Building & Leadership
Recruitment & Training
Scheduling & Calendar Management
Trip & Event Planning
Policy & Procedural Compliance
Sales & Marketing Strategy
Data Analysis & Reporting
PROFESSIONAL & VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
GIRL SCOUTS OF NORTHEAST TEXAS, Dallas, TX August 2008 – Present Training Specialist – Paid Position (April 2016 – Present)
• Train, mentor, and supervise 120 volunteers; educate and promote the use of best practices in troop management skills.
• Collaborate with the CFO on budgeting and facility use, the Director of Marketing on branding of social media programming, and the VP of Membership on needs-based programming and long-term strategic planning.
• Coordinate and manage the training calendar, training content, and volunteers who staff in-person trainings.
• Serve as Editor of the GSNETX Learning Channel on Facebook; produce daily posts and weekly events.
• Execute the new leader onboarding strategy and conduct ongoing staff engagement and retention activities.
• Manage operating expenses within the approved budget and mitigate variances as necessary.
• Recruit, place, train, and develop volunteers for the GSNETX Volunteer Empowerment Team tasked with ensuring the execution of activities that support organizational objectives and retention of volunteers.
• Lead ongoing projects to enhance the volunteer experience in order to positively impact NPS scores and effectively recruit, onboard, and retain members.
• Plan and host large outdoor leadership and community building events; produce kick-off breakout sessions. Key Accomplishments
• Developed and implemented training courses that improved first-year volunteer retention from 50% to 82%.
• Won an Axis Award from the Association of Talent Development for “Knowledge Management”.
• Expanded scope of the GSNETX Learning Channel to reach more leaders outside the classroom and at home.
• Grew participation in the cookie program and camp offerings through effective engagement and education. Volunteer Coordinator & Trainer / Event Planner – Volunteer Position (August 2008 – March 2016)
• Coordinated activities of 3 multilevel troops of 6 adult team members and up to 49 girls from 5 schools.
• Organized, publicized, and executed recruiting and informative events to attract new volunteers and members.
• Supported, motivated, and managed volunteers; matched volunteer skills and temperament to appropriate positions and provided training to facilitate compliance with legal, safety, and program quality requirements.
• Organized, managed, and produced all aspects of large events and trips with up to 375 attendees.
• Worked with volunteer event staff to develop programs and itineraries, secure venues and transportation, and manage logistics, vendor relationships, contracts, ticketing, registration, and overall event timelines.
• Built and maintained strong relationships and communication with volunteers and staff in multiple regions.
• Engaged members to encourage greater participation, facilitate education, and ensure use of all resources.
• Provided logistical support for training sessions and trips regarding equipment, food, and materials. JEAN BUTTS
Little Elm, TX 75068 940-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org
(Volunteer Coordinator & Trainer / Event Planner, continued)
• Participated in curriculum development and taught leadership, critical thinking, communication, conflict resolution, team building, and basic/advanced outdoor skills to ensure safety was a top priority.
• Managed annual/special events budgets; provided financial and attendance statistics and reimbursements.
• Developed marketing materials for events utilizing organizational branding standards.
• Implemented risk management policies; initiated and authorized trip reports, EOY financial reports, and monthly bookkeeping.
• Maintained multiple event schedules simultaneously to provide just-in-time decision-making for comprehensive and smoothly executed events and programs.
• Instructed and facilitated outdoor leadership training and workshops for youth and adults to prepare them for outdoor leadership experiences.
HOMEMADE GOURMET, Aubrey, TX January 2006 – April 2010 USBORNE BOOKS & MORE, Aubrey, TX January 2002 – December 2005 Sales Manager
• Developed and executed comprehensive sales and marketing strategies and plans.
• Recruited, hired, trained, and managed regional sales teams.
• Performed the complete sales lifecycle, including prospecting, cold-calling, scheduling appointments, conducting needs assessments, delivering sales presentations, overcoming objections, and closing sales.
• Analyzed market and industry trends and created comprehensive reports.
• Attended educational workshops and sales trainings and established personal networks.
• Prepared Schedule C and 1040 tax returns.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA, Gainesville, FL
Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering
Additional Work Experience
AIR LIQUIDE, Dallas, TX – Construction Engineer
LAW ENGINEERING, Los Angeles, CA – Consulting Engineer Certifications
Engineer in Training (EIT)
CPR / First Aid / AED
Expert: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word), Facebook Community Management Proficient: Microsoft Office PowerPoint, Microsoft Publisher, Quicken, Graphic Design, Social Media Marketing Familiar: Cava, Paint, QuickBooks, Salesforce