GEORGE LOUDON PMP, CSM, MCTS, SPC*, SCJP
email@example.com - 610-***-**** (Cell) – Brandamore, PA 19316 Agile Transformation Coach/Consultant
More than twenty five years’ as an IT consultant with extensive agile project, program and portfolio management (PPM) and technical experience. Has maintained a consistently high skill level by means of on-going practical (hands-on) experience, in addition to achieving and maintaining key certifications. Consults organizations (within a wide range of industries) regarding agile transformations – i.e. both “doing” agile and “being” agile. Coaches/mentors resources regarding agile delivery of valuable solutions, regardless of solution type (technical or non-technical). Facilitates the implementation/deployment of mobile and cloud-based infrastructures/environments. Industries serviced include: aviation, realty, direct marketing, retail, health care/fitness/insurance, property & casualty Insurance, power management/marketing, interactive media/marketing, dotcoms, legal/litigation, local and state government, federal government (DOD) contractors, engineering, medical, utilities, retirement facilities and pharmaceuticals.
• Agile transformations
• Development and deployment of SharePoint and Jira/Confluence based Workflows
• Cloud/Mobile Apps
• Agile Coaching/Mentoring
• Project/Program/Portfolio Management Execution
• Standing up PMOs
The following links provide information regarding the mix of remote vs specific onsite locations, factoring-in duration:
• 100% Remote
• 60% Remote (40% onsite)
• 75% Onsite (25% remote)
• 100% Onsite
Employed by Robust Web Services, Inc (dba RobustPM.com, BeLeanAgileandSafe.com and RobustMobi.com) and provides consulting services on a ‘Corp-to-Corp’ contract basis (not W2). Payment terms are either net 1-week, 2-weeks or 1-month (max) from Robust Web Services’ invoice date – invoiced every week, 2-weeks or 1-month (max). Rates vary, depending on location, duration, contract level (Primary or Sub.), type of service rendered and payment terms.
• 3-year Technical Diploma in Flight Instrumentation and Control Systems (Atlas Aircraft / Denel). Acknowledged by the US INS as equivalent to a 3-year Bachelor degree.
• Project Management Professional - PMP (PMI)
• Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) - Microsoft Project 2010, Managing Projects
• Certified Scrum Master (Agile University / Scrum Alliance)
• Certified Master in ‘IS/IT Project Management’ (Villanova University
• Sun Certified Java Programmer (Sun Microsystems)
• Certifications in OOAD/UML (SmartForce/CBT)
• Informix Certification (Aztec Co.)
• Automatic Flight Control Systems License (SACAA)
• Private Pilot License with Night & Aerobatic ratings (SAAF Defence Flying Club)
• Certified Identity Theft Risk Management Specialist – CITRMS
• SPC4 Program Consultant (SAFe)
Certified to provide the following SAFe training:
• Leading SAFe 4.0/4.5 with SA certification
• SAFe 4.0/4.5 for Teams with SP certification
• SAFe 4.0/4.5 PM/PO with PMPO certification
• SAFe 4.0/4.5 Scrum Master with SSM certification
• SAFe 4.0/4.5 Advanced Scrum Master with SASM certification
• SAFe 4.0/4.5 Product Owner Orientation
• SAFe 4.0/4.5 Scrum Master Orientation
• Producer and presenter of the brief training video Scrum at 30,000 feet
• Author of the white paper Achieving Sufficient ANSI/EIA-748 (EVMS) Standard Compliance
• Numerous ‘micro’ (context-specific) user training videos, created using Camtasia Studio, including Microsoft Project User Guide, etc.
• Project Management Institute (PMI)
• Institute of Management Consultants USA (IMC)
• Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association
• Independent Telecommunications Pioneer Association (ITPA)
• SAFe Academy
• Institute of Software Architects
• Web Services Interoperability Organization
• Toastmasters International
• Chester County Toastmasters (2011 Treasurer)
Formal Education and Certification
Primary Consulting Services Currently Provided
Remote vs Onsite
Certified SAFe Trainer
Professional Associations (past & present)
Publications Authored (whitepapers, videos, etc.)
Software/system development (+50%), Infrastructure (+40%), Facilities (+10%).
• Heath Care/Fitness/Insurance: Independence Blue Cross (IBC), American Board of Ophthalmology, Caring Hospice,
• Pharmaceutical: Merck
• Property and Casualty Insurance: Nationwide Insurance
• State Government:
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania - Department of General Services (DGS), Bureau of Procurement (BOP) and Integrated Enterprise System (IES).
• Retirement Facilities: Masonic Villages
• Traffic/Vehicle Management: Traffic Wizard
• Local Government: City of Philadelphia – Major’s Office of Information Systems (MOIS).
• Federal/DOD Contractors: NMR Consulting.
• Power Management & Marketing: PJM Interconnection
• Litigation Management: Corporation Services Company
• Interactive Media/Video-on-Demand/Marketing:
Comcast Interactive, Comcast Spotlight, Annodyne, Valuable Group.
• Graphics Design: ABC Graphics
• Computer Peripherals/Appliances: Kyocera
• DotComs: Comcast, Trustmark/Health Fitness, etc. A sample of 3rd-party Vendors managed includes (but is not limited to): Siemens, Progress Software, British Telecom (BT), Kling Stubbins, Communications Advisory Service (CAS), Microsoft, Salesforce, Appirio, Accenture, Aspera, Billhighway and SAP, etc. PMBOK (PMI), Standard for Portfolio Management (PMI), Standard for Program Management (PMI), Agile Lean/Scrum, RUP, ITIL, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®), ANSI/EIA-748 Standard.
>>> End of resume summary <<<
High-level, chronological view of employers.
Detailed, chronological view of consulting services provided to specific end-clients since 2008. This section provides a high-level, chronological view of employers.
• Robust Web Services, Inc.
– dba RobustPM.com, BeLeanAgileAndSafe.com, RobustMobi.com & AgileCoachGurus.com
(PA) – Agile Management, Administration & Technology Specialists Sep 2002 - PRESENT Robust Web Services contracts George’s services out on a corp-to-corp basis (not W2). Refer locations and payment terms. o Roles: President (fulltime employee); Senior Lean/Agile/SAFe Change Agent, Agile Coach, Scrum Master; Project/Program/Portfolio Manager; Mobile App. Architect/Developer, Consultant. o
Implemented (and performs the role of Administrator for) Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise E3 across the organization
(including internationally-based users).
Implemented (and performs the role of Administrator for) Microsoft Azure cloud-based environment. Refer Appendix B for additional consulting services provided while employed by Robust Web Services. o Locations:
Roles and responsibilities have been performed in the following locations: Remote (from home-office) and onsite consulting services have been performed for end-clients located at: Annapolis (MD), Fairfield (NJ), NYC (NY), Blue Bell (PA), Philadelphia (PA), Wilmington (DE), Harrisburg (PA), Washington (DC), Columbus (OH), Omaha (NE), Chicago (IL), northern NJ and various international locations. 3
-party Vendors Managed
Types of Projects Managed
This section chronologically highlights detailed consulting work/services provided to specific end-clients since incorporation of Robust Web Services, Inc. in 2002.
• RobustMobi.com – (International) Mobile/Cloud-based App provider Mar 2017 – present Agile Coach, SAFe Solution Train Engineer (STE) and Scrum Master o Facilitating continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) via Azure DevOps. o Documenting and implementing processes/procedures and tools to enable the rapid delivery of high quality/value mobile/Cloud apps in a highly repeatable manner.
o Enabling effective alignment to GDPR.
o Proximity: Remote.
o Tools/Techniques/Environments used (but not limited to): Android Studio, Google Play Store, Microsoft Store, Apple App Store, Agile Scrum, Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), Visual Studio App Center, SharePoint, FreePlane, iMindMap, TheBrain, Office 365, Xamarin, Visual Studio 2017, Visual Studio for MAC, Google Drive, Teamview, Skype, Skype for Business, Jira/Confluence, Azure Functions, Serverless Architecture, Microsoft Threat Modelling Tool, Azure Cosmos DB (DocumentDB API, Table API and Gremlin/Graph API), MVVM, Azure Storage/Blob storage, AirSquirrels Reflector, FreshMVVM, SAAS (Software as a Service), IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service), FaaS (Function-as-a-Service), GDPR, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), GIS, Google Firebase.
• BeLeanAgileAndSafe.com – (International) Lean/Agile/Safe Transformation Specialists Jan 2017 – present Chief Agilist (SPC4), Trainer/Coach & Mentor
o Provide consulting and training services to enable organizations to realize effective transition to the value stream-based Safe approach to delivering quality products/services to customers in a highly responsive manner. o Customizing Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) for alignment with SAFe. o Creating WordPress-based web sites, including conditional forms. o Providing customized online coaching/mentoring, including the effective adoption of DevOps. o Facilitating/implementing effective cross-domain knowledge management using SharePoint (Wiki, workflows and dashboard) and mind-mapping.
o Proximity: Remote and onsite.
o Tools/Techniques/Environments used (but not limited to): Licensed Scaled Agile Framework training materials, Scrum, FreePlane, iMindMap, TheBrain, Office 365, Visio 2016, Teamview, WordPress, NinjaForms, Beaver Builder PRO, SEO, SEM, Yoast SEO, Skype, Skype for Business, Jira/Confluence, Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), Prezi.com.
• Traffic Wizard – (International) Traffic/Vehicle Management Aug 2014 – Dec 2017 Chief Architect/Developer, Agile Coach and Scrum Master o Architecture, development and deployment of mobile (iOS, Android, Windows Phone) application, using Xamarin, PhoneGap/Cordova and Azure, Cosmos DB, SQL Server technologies. o Using the Microsoft Threat Modelling Tool to mitigate app security threats. o Executing remote Agile Coach/scrum master/project management, including the authoring of user stories and test cases. o Creating WordPress-based web sites.
o Facilitating continuous integration and delivery (DevOps). o Proximity: Remote.
o Tools/Techniques/Environments used (but not limited to): Agile Scrum, Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), Visual Studio App Center, GitHub, SharePoint, FreePlane, iMindMap, Google Adwords, SEO, SEM, Google Analytics, TheBrain, Office 365, Visio 2016, Visual Studio 2017, WordPress, Google Drive, Teamview, DigiCert.com, Skype, Skype for Business, Jira/Confluence, Azure Functions, Serverless Architecture, Microsoft Threat Modelling Tool, Azure Cosmos DB (DocumentDB API, Table API and Gremlin/Graph API), MVVM, Azure Storage/Blob storage, AirSquirrels Reflector, GIS.
• Comcast Spotlight – (PA) - Interactive Media & Advertising Jun 2016 – May 2017 Senior Lean/Agile Change-Agent, Agile Coach, Scrum Master & Technical Project Management Consultant o Transforming an existing, inefficient, silo-based project environment into an effective, cadence, synchronized, value-based and collaborative Lean/Agile/Scrum environment.
o Supporting a program of four resulting projects (related software products/services), as Agile Change-Agent, Program Manager, Agile Coach, Scrum Master and Mentor.
o Designing and deploying custom JIRA workflows, including customized Sprint Boards. o Providing informal training/mentorship to team members and stakeholders (including managers/executives). o Requesting/commissioning/configuring/de-commissioning Windows-based Virtual Machines for QA, staging/pre-production and production environments.
o Management of Active Directory permissions across all environments. o Managing the purchasing, deployment and configuration of multiple geo-located physical production (always on) environments, including submitting requests for firewalls, proxies and load balancers (GSLB/VIP). o Authoring Agile process documentation to enable the rapid onboarding of various team roles as needed and to communicate lean agile best practices (playbooks) to teams and stakeholders. o Proximity: Onsite.
o Tools/Techniques/Environments used (but not limited to): Video On Demand, Streaming Media, Lean Agile, Scrum, SAFe, SharePoint, FreePlane, iMindMap, TheBrain, Visio 2016, Jira/Confluence, SQL Server 2016, VMware, Nagios, Solarwinds.
• Masonic Villages/Grand Lodge – Retirement/Medical Facilities Jul 2015 – Apr 2016 Senior Program Manager, Agile Coach & Scrum Master o Leading Traditional-to-Agile/Scrum Project Migration and Microsoft Project Online/PRO Workshops (training events – onsite and GoToMeeting).
o Creating various custom SharePoint/Project Online workflows and InfoPath forms, including the use of Visio. APPENDIX B
o Authored a draft RFP for the procurement of Office365 Disaster Recovery software and was involved in the RFP response and vendor selection process.
o Contracted to address various existing deficiencies in multiple (eight) related projects, all of which were re-aligned (via agile techniques) to be focused on delivering a hosted Salesforce (and BillHighway)-based Membership system. o Executed remote and onsite program management of teams and three vendors, using Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business and GoToMeeting conferencing tools. Facilitated biweekly Sprint review, retrospective and planning events. o Contracted to enable/configure Project Online (Server), including the creation of customized SharePoint Online pages/dashboards and to provide Project Online and Professional user training. Assigned Project Online and SharePoint Online Administrator permissions, including the production of context-specific videos. o Contracted to facilitate the establishment of a PMO, including standards, policies/procedures and enabling the identification
(and maintenance) of business drivers for portfolio analysis (project prioritization, etc.). o Proximity: Remote.
o Tools/Techniques/Environments used (but not limited to): Agile Scrum, Microsoft Project Online, Office 365, SharePoint Online, FreePlane, iMindMap, TheBrain, Office 365, Visio 2013, Salesforce, BillHighway, Smartsheet, Google Drive, Teamview, SharePoint Designer, InfoPath, Camtasia Studio, Snagit, Jira/Confluence.
• Valuable Group (NJ) – Interactive Media Jun 2014 – Sep 2014 Engineer/Project Manager
o Management and modification of Multimedia/Video-on-Demand systems (hardware). o Proximity: Remote.
o Tools/Techniques/Environments used (but not limited to): Video On Demand, Streaming Media, SharePoint, Microsoft Azure, FreePlane, Rally, TheBrain, Office 365.
• Trustmark/Health Fitness – Health Fitness Jan 2014 – May 2014 Agile Coach/Scrum Master/Project Manager
o Executed remote Agile Coach/scrum master/project management of a data warehouse-focused scrum team, involved in a Cloud-based (Azure) health fitness-related product (system), using the Kentico content management system (CMS). The scale of this opportunity required the involvement of 9 scrum teams, totaling 85+ team members (spread throughout the U.S.A). o In addition to typical scrum master/project management responsibilities, also created TFS queries, authored user stories and mentored the scrum team regarding data warehouse-specific agile techniques. Sprint planning, demo and retrospective meetings were held on site in Omaha, NE and Chicago IL. o Proximity: Remote with Sprint planning, demo and retrospective meetings held on site in Omaha (NE) and Lake Forest, Chicago (IL).
o Tools/Techniques/Environments used (but not limited to): Agile Scrum, Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), Microsoft Project Server, SharePoint, Daptiv, Microsoft Azure, FreePlane, iMindMap, TheBrain, Office 365, Visio 2013, Adobe PDF Forms, Visual Studio.
• Pennsylvania Department of General Services, Bureau of Procurement (DGS/BOP) – State Gov. Jul 2012 - Oct 2013 Sr. Program/Project Manager
o Requirement(s): To execute the roles of program and project manager for:
The upgrade of commercial off-the-shelf software (COTS) SAP Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) system
(including Master Data Management - MDM), from version 5 to 7. This system is the core procurement system used to enable any and all vendors to do business with the commonwealth of PA.
Implementing program and project management standards/best practices as per PMI and ITIL.
Manage the SRM 7 training project to train PA commonwealth agencies trainers, end-users and suppliers. o Result(s):
Provided oversight of the work performed by the Pennsylvania Bureau of Integrated Enterprise System (IES) and SAP to upgrade SAP SRM version 5 to version 7, as well as developing and implementing program and project management best practice procedures specific to scope, schedule, cost, HR, communications, quality, risk, procurement and the integration of these various aspects (as per PMI Program and Project Standards). The creation and maintenance of an Excel-based Executive Management Dashboard for regular review by stakeholders (including the Steering Committee). Have coordinated with numerous other Pennsylvania government agencies/bureaus, including DOT, DCNR, DEP, DOC, DOH, DPW, PSP, PDE and PEMA, etc. regarding requirements gathering (blueprinting) and SRM 7 training. Developed PDFForms-based Request for Change (RFC) template using Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES. Implemented ITIL Change Management and performed ongoing coordination/management of change requests. The configuration of a commercial off- the-shelf software (COTS) web-based Commonwealth collaboration site (Oracle WebCenter) and the maintenance of all artifacts (documents, etc.) used to communicate program/project information. Performing the role of SRM 7 Train-The- Trainer and End-User Training Project Manager for BOP. Project also involved Documentum. o Proximity: Services performed in Harisburg, PA.
o Tools/Techniques/Environments used (but not limited to): PMI program and project standards, ITIL change management, Siemens OpenScape, FreePlane, iMindMap, TheBrain, Office 365, MS Project Professional 2010 and 2013, Visio 2013, Adobe PDF Forms, Oracle WebCenter, Office 365 – SharePoint Online, Visual Studio.
• Merck Pharmaceuticals (PA) – Pharmaceutical Supplier Oct 2011 - Jan 2012 Sr. Project Manager, Agile Coach, Certified Scrum Master (CSM) o Requirement(s): To execute the roles of project manager, Agile Coach and Scrum master for:
The design, development, deployment and hosting of a web-based, pharmaceutical drug formulary system (Merck Payer Access) - using Microsoft .NET/Azure and LightSwitch/Silverlight technologies, SAAS (Software as a Service), IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) and PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service).
The production of multiple system training and advertising artifacts. o Result(s): The project successfully launched the Merck Payer Access product (application) on schedule, i.e. 12/23/2011. Additional requirements/enhancements were produced in ongoing Sprints. Communicated with Merck Sales and Legal departments regarding products sold via the application and with the FDA regarding approval of marketing content, etc. o Proximity: Services performed remotely.
o Tools/Techniques/Environments used (but not limited to): PMBOK (PMI), Scrum Framework, FreePlane, iMindMap, TheBrain, MS Project Professional 2007, Lighthouse, Visio, WebEx, Microsoft .NET and Silverlight, Single Sign-on (SSO). Page 5
• Annodyne (PA) – Interactive Marketing Service Provider Oct 2011 - Jan 2012 Sr. Project Manager, Agile Coach & Certified Scrum Master (CSM) o Requirement(s): Contracted to:
Implement Project Management and Agile (Scrum) software development processes and artifacts, to enable the successful management and delivery of software systems and creative artifacts.
Execute the roles of project manager, Agile Coach and Scrum master for the design, development, deployment and hosting of the Merck web-based, pharmaceutical product marketing system.
Review existing project processes practiced by Annodyne. Recommend process enhancements and coach/mentor Annodyne staff.
o Result(s): Implemented and executed all project management and Scrum processes and artifacts and coached/mentored all project team members and stakeholders regarding the Scrum methodology and their specific roles/responsibilities. Performed a vulnerability analysis, identifying various issues and documented associated corrections/recommendations. Presented the report to executive management and coached/mentored FTEs regarding the implementation of, and adherence to, project management best practices.
o Proximity: Services performed onsite.
o Tools/Techniques/Environments used (but not limited to): PMBOK (PMI), Scrum Framework, Rally, FreePlane, iMindMap, TheBrain, MS Project Professional 2007, Lighthouse, Visio, WebEx, Tenrox, Office 365 – SharePoint Online, SAAS (Software as a Service), IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service)..
• Independence Blue Cross (PA) - Accident & Health Insurance Jun 2010 - Feb 2011 PPM Executive Consultant, Methodology Specialist
o Requirement(s): Contracted by the Enterprise PMO (EPMO) / Strategy Office to:
Document existing (‘as-is’) portfolio, program and project capabilities.
Develop and implement effective ‘to-be’ PPM capabilities for incorporation with CA Clarity v12 PPM (COTS) tool.
Design a PPM governance framework.
Design and deploy a PPM metadata repository and identification/capture all ‘as-is’ and ‘to-be’ PPM attributes based on current and future communication methods (e.g. reports, etc.).
Designed a PPM Attribute Governance framework/Standard. o Result(s): Successfully completed documentation of all existing (‘As-Is’) processes/capabilities, as well as ‘to-be’ PPM capabilities, as per Clarity implementation - phase #1. Designed a PPM governance framework and coached/mentored applicable FTEs on the appropriate implementation of this framework. Designed and implemented an MS Access-based PPM metadata repository on the EPMO SharePoint site, including the identification and capture of all currently identified ‘as- is’ and ‘to-be’ PPM attributes. Designed a PPM Attribute Governance framework/Standard. o Proximity: Services performed onsite.
o Tools/Techniques/Environments used (but not limited to): PMBOK (PMI), Standard for Portfolio Management (PMI), Standard for Program Management (PMI), ITIL, FreePlane, iMindMap, TheBrain, MS Project Professional/Server 2007, MS SharePoint 2007, CA Clarity v12 PPM, MS Access 2007, Hyperion Essbase, WebEx, Citrix.
• NMR Consulting (MD) – Federal/DOD contractor Oct 2009 PPM Executive Consultant, EVMS Specialist
o Requirement(s): Contracted to produce an EVMS Compliance Plan as per ANSI/EIA-748. o Result(s): Successfully completed the required EVMS Compliance Plan in a cost-effective and timely manner and coached/mentored applicable FTEs on earned value management (EVM), thereby enabling the client to successfully submit a proposal for Federal contract work.
o Proximity: Services performed onsite and remotely. o Tools/Techniques/Environments used (but not limited to): ANSI/EIA-748 Standard, PMBOK.
• Independence Blue Cross (PA) - Accident & Health Insurance Jun 2008 - Dec 2008 PPM Executive Consultant, Methodology Specialist, Certified Scrum Master (CSM) o Requirement(s): Contracted to implemented resource time management, cost management and earned value management
(EVM) best practice processes within a Data Warehouse/BI focused PMO. o Result(s): Successfully completed the requirement through the optimized implementation of said processes via Microsoft Project Server 2003, SharePoint workflows and dashboard, while coaching/mentoring client staff on PMI/PMBok and Agile/Scrum related best practices and on the value of information association through Mind Mapping. The implementation of said EVM cost management enabled the client, for the first time, to understand the extent to which 3rd-party vendors were actually impacting projects. Managed Data Warehouse/BI projects involving FTEs, as well as onsite and offsite/offshore vendors/contractors.
o Proximity: Services performed onsite.
o Tools/Techniques/Environments used (but not limited to): PMBOK, Scrum, TheBrain, MS Project Professional/Server
(2003, 2007), MS SharePoint (2003, 2007), Hyperion Essbase, WebEx.
• PJM Interconnection (PA) – Electric Power Management & Marketing Aug 2007 - May 2008 Sr. Project Manager
o Requirement(s): Contracted to manage multiple (eleven), mission critical, facilities-based projects, including commissioning and decommissioning.
o Result(s): Successfully delivered on the requirement by means of PMI/PMBok-based project management processes, including designing draft floor plan and equipment layouts for RFP use by 3rd-part vendors. o Proximity: Services performed onsite.
o Tools/Techniques/Environments used (but not limited to): PMBOK, TheBrain, MS Project Professional/Server (2003), MS SharePoint (2003), SAP, AutoCAD, TurboCAD, WebEx. Contact George Loudon for his experience prior to 2008
(firstname.lastname@example.org - 610-***-****)