Management Information Systems graduate student and a qualified ETL tester with over 3 years of industry experience in Software Testing and Quality Assurance in banking domain. Well versed in data sample comparisons as well as transformation rule verification processes to enhance architecture, design, analysis and technical specifications for installing, maintaining, repairing and upgrading databases. In depth technical knowledge and understanding of Data Warehousing, Data Validations, UNIX, SQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Quality Analyst and ETL. Education
Master of Science - Information Systems – Iowa State University, IA Aug 2015-Anticipated Graduation April 2018 Bachelor of Engineering - Computer Science – Chitkara University, India ( GPA:3.3) 2008-2012 Professional Experience
Computer Science Teaching Assistant, Iowa State University, Ames, IA Aug 2017 - Present
• Teach Com S 113 Labs to over 50 students twice a week. It focuses on in-depth course on MS Excel and MS access. As a TA, I also grade the homework and lab assignments along with weekly attendance. Quality Assurance Analyst Intern, UPS Airlines, KY Sep 2016 - Aug 2017
• Collaborated with QA specialists to analyze and Test Software programs in order to discover and log defects.
• Worked with the development team to fix the defects before deploying to production.
• Created Quarterly reports on IRR, FT Delay Procedures/Knowledge, Special Tracking, MV Data and New Captain Observation using MS Access, MS Excel and PowerPivot and created checklist guides using Nuance PDF Professional application.
• Worked on comply365 to create survey forms like Basic Indoc Form, Qual and UPG form, Americas Region Flight Crew Survey and tracked the filled survey for analysis and data extraction purpose.
• Analyzed the QA Observation and Mitigation reports of the Flight Training SharePoint and worked with the team to automate manual test scripts.
• As a senior intern in my group, I coordinated monthly meetings, outings and interviews of new interns in UPS flight Dept. Test Analyst, Rainbow, RBS, INFOSYS TECHNOLOGY LTD. Bangalore, India Nov 2013 - Aug 2015
• Requirement gathering and interpretation of business rules from functional specification document to create test artifacts.
• Identifying field and data defects with required information in ETL process in various jobs and one to one mapping.
• Test complex ETL mappings and sessions based on business user requirements and business rules to load data from source flat files and RDBMS tables to target tables.
• Responsible for writing SQL queries for various scenarios and run a number of tests including primary key, duplicate, default, and attribute tests of the process.
• Work closely with DW Developer to follow up on defects to get closed within the timelines and informed the stake holders. Test Analyst, FATCA, RBS, INFOSYS TECHNOLOGY LTD. Bangalore, India Aug 2012- Oct 2013
• Created and executed SQL queries to perform source to target testing on Teradata database. Performed checks which included data completeness, validity, uniqueness, data integrity, data transformation, data quality, initial and incremental load test s.
• Executed test cases manually to perform Integration testing, compared and analyzed actual with expected results and reported all deviations to the appropriate individual(s) for resolution using Quality Center, along with logging defects with details and following up.
• Participated in defect review meetings with the team members. Used MS-Word and MS- Excel for documentation.
• Prepare and submit daily status reports to managers and provide timely updates on the tasks assigned. System Engineer Intern, Mysore, India Jan 2012- May 2012
• Underwent internship/training for a period of 5 months. It included trainings on C++, Core Java, JSP, UNIX, SQL and Oracle along with work assignments.
• At the end of training we had to appear for a comprehensive test covering all the modules where I scored a GPA of 4.3/5.0 Technical Skills
• Testing: ETL Testing (Informatica) • Languages:
• Test Management HP QC/ ALM, UFT, HP QTP, PVCS • Databases: Tools:
• Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX • BI Tools:
• Comparison Tools: MS Excel, MS Access, PowerPivot • Professional Tools:
C/C++, Java, SQL, intermediate selenium
Oracle/MS SQL Server, MySQL,
Teradata, Comply365. Apache Solr
MS PowerBI, Tableau
SharePoint Designer, Nuance
PDF Prof., Outlook, Office 365
Volunteer and Extracurricular work
• I actively participated in the volunteer opportunities supported by UPS, like Halloween at the Louisville Zoo, Airplane Pull for the Special Olympics of Kentucky, pick up trash along the highway and a park for the cleanliness drive for “Brightside” Nonprofit association, paint the fence for the Parklands and coordinate for the Ups LGBT Business Group.