** ******** ****, ***********, **, L4A 4N8
Analytical Hardware Designer with experience in designing PCBs for applications and test fixtures. Excellent problem solving and strong analytical skills with proven effectiveness in driving complex business decisions. Expertise includes
• SPICE Simulations • PCB Design for Custom Embedded Applications
• Schematic and Layout for Embedded Application • Technical Documentation
• BASc, Electrical Engineering, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON 2007 – 2012
Relevant Software: OrCAD, KiCAD, Verigy SmarTest, Agilent T2K, PSPICE, MATLAB, PISCES Hardware Tools: Automated test equipment (ATE), oscilloscopes, multi-meters, waveform generators, spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, soldering iron
Terrative Digital Solutions, Richmond Hill, ON
Hardware Designer 2017
Designed underground mining networking solutions using commercial off-the-shelf products to operate with various mining IT infrastructure.
• Analyzed existing designs to confirm or modify solutions which were customized for corporate mining needs
• Created multiple test plans for future revisions of existed products
MMB Networks Inc., Toronto, ON
Hardware Designer 2014 - 2017
Designed PCB for custom and existing smart energy applications based on Product Requirements Document and functionality needed. Schematics and layouts modified for existing designs for improvement and new capabilities.
• Produced alternate PCB designs based on specifications provided to analyze for cost and functionality
• Worked with external test houses to certify products against FCC and IC standards to bring products to market
• Created and tested prototypes to ensure that designs would pass certification
• Integrated reference and/or existing designs to minimize schematic design and followed layout considerations
Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst 2013 – 2014
Qualified and approved company products for various smart energy applications which utilize ZigBee protocol.
• Discovered and initiated several bug reports upon testing to validate functionality of products
• Created test cases to ensure adequate coverage was maintained for new features including corner cases
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Inc., Markham, ON
Product Development Specialist 2012
Investigated customer-related issues with AMD chipsets and GPU products while delegating work and preliminary actions for potential test coverage issues with test engineers. Addressed key issues to further improve processes carried out by the Continuation Engineering team.
• Initiated several instances of test coverage improvements for high pareto hardware failures, resulting in future reduction of similar failures.
• Met deadlines to improve customer satisfaction, keeping overall turn-around time (TAT) under 14 days.
• Trained internal team members on ATE testers for advanced investigations. PROJECT EXPERIENCE
Designer and Tester, AMD 2901 Microprocessor Design, University of Toronto 2012 Designed the schematic and layout based on the functionality of the AMD 2901 microprocessor with 28nm design constraints. Implemented control logic which allowed for various operations to be conducted.
• Optimized layout design to meet design constraints based on area and performance by using Synopsys Design Analyzer, Cadence First Encounter and Primetime STA.
• Created schematics and test plans which utilized simulations to verify functionality of microprocessor.
Professional Engineers of Ontario, Engineering Intern 2012 – Present