RON PADDY 647-***-****
Over 8 years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst, in domains like Banking, Finance, Manufacturing, Healthcare and ERP. A self-starter with excellent communication, presentation skills and multitasking abilities. An individual with strong analytical and problem-solving skills & ability to work effectively as an individual and in a team.
Strong knowledge and experienced in Waterfall & Agile methodologies, SDLC & PMLC and assisted in writing documents such as Project Management Plans, Business Case and Project Charter
Trusted as a Single Point of Contact (SPOC) & Subject Matter Expert (SME) and assumed roles such as Product Owner and Scrum Master in Agile implementation, when the need arises
Well versed in Change Management, Scope Management, Lean - Six Sigma Methodologies
Interacting with Clients, Stakeholders, SME’s, performing Business Acceptance Testing (BAT), GAP Analysis, AS-IS / To-Be Analysis, Eliciting Analyzing & Managing Business & Stakeholder Requirements
Conducting interviews, meetings, surveys, brainstorming & JAD/JRD sessions, questionnaires
Proficiency in preparing all necessary BA documentation: BA Plan, BRD, FRD, SRS, RTM, UML Diagrams, Use Cases, User Stories, Wire-framing, Activity Diagrams, Test Plans, Test Cases, UAT
Working knowledge and experienced in Business Process Modeling (BPM), Data Migration, Data Modeling, Data Mapping/Dictionary, Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD), SQL querying
Experience working with Business Intelligence tools like Tableau, MS Power BI, Qlik Sense
Experienced in using vast range of tools for managing resources, documentation and project schedule: MS Suite (Office, Visio, Project, SharePoint), EDraw, LucidChart, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, MySQL, Balsamiq, JIRA, Skype
National Bank of Canada (NBC), Toronto Sr. Business Analyst Jan ‘17 – Feb’18
XProWin Consulting, Inc. - Mobile App. Upgrade: Our team is working on enhancing the user experience for mobile banking customers. The focus is on incorporating ability to perform foreign currency transactions from the mobile app (for eligible customers). The online system design includes embedding customer eligibility criteria, updating the mobile app, adding important features and extensions. Currently working on operational documentation.
● Interviewed clients/business partners for BAT, requirements assessment, defined functional and non-functional requirements, and captured them in Requisite Pro
● Developed designs for customer eligibility criteria and money movement system, to empower the new foreign currency services
● Conducted JAD sessions to refine prototypes, prioritize and ‘Time-Box’ Use Cases
● Updated the current system to make secure funds transfers from customer's account to the third party
● Assisted operations team in developing a searchable ‘content and training materials’ knowledge database
● Played a vital role with QA team in facilitating test plans, test scripts, UAT and testing of the application
TD Canada Trust, Mississauga, ON Business System Analyst Jan ’16- Jan ’17
XProWin Consulting, Inc. - Credit Card System: The aim of this project was to re-engineer the existing core credit card billing and application process and automating it to implement a centralized billing system. The new system was expected to perform all the functions of credit card processes such as marketing, payment, obtaining a credit bureau report, transaction summary.
● Design requirements for developing and implementing new money movement system for credit card billing/refunds
● Conducted GAP analysis and documented the AS-IS / TO-BE processes, upgraded from Waterfall to Agile methodology
● Used Lean Six Sigma Methodologies for the new system design
● Conducted JAD sessions and workshops to elicitate requirements for re-engineering the existing system
● Facilitated and managed meeting sessions with a committee of SMEs from various business areas
● Designed and developed all Use Case models using Rational Rose
● Established a Business Analysis methodology around RUP (Rational Unified Process)
● Managed and shared documents using MS SharePoint server for better data accuracy and timely data availability
TD Bank USA, Miami Lakes, FL Business System Analyst Feb ’14 – Dec’15
Small Business Loans Eligibility: TD Bank looked at the opportunities available, management and future prospects of the small business it was going to finance. The client needs were constantly reviewed, and credit lines could be adjusted accordingly. A client server application was created to conduct the risk assessment of potential customer/s and also to re-evaluate the risks involved with a current customer. This tool authenticated the customer, checked present credit limit and previous credit lines, payment history, fraud history, business history, frequency of credit card usage, etc. With Agile approach, this system was designed for user-friendliness for the company employees and for optimizing the efficiency of the company’s Risk Analysis (RA) system.
● Participated in Identifying the User requirements by working with number of key individuals from business and IT
● Performed GAP Analysis to understand new business model and other functionalities to be incorporated into the new application
● Responsible for writing functional specifications and use cases for the application
●Used Agile approach (RUP) for user friendly design and optimization of the company’s Risk Analysis (RA) System and develop process, standards, and procedures
● Developed, Documented and Managed Requirements using Rational Requisite Pro, RTM
● Performed Ad Hoc analysis of business situations, issues and problems
● Trained and educated the employees to use the new RA system
● Designed and implemented SQL queries for QA testing and report/data validation
Molina HealthCare, ID USA Business Systems Analyst Nov’12 – Dec’13
IT Department: The project was to update the related systems to administer the new Metal level plans Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze to be offered on the HealthCare Exchange (HIX) under the HealthCare Reform Act.
● Performed Joint Application Development (JAD), Brainstorming and Interviews for Requirement Elicitation
● Performed GAP analysis to identify and measure details in current business process and the future functional requirements of revenue report output in conjunction with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s)
● Documented Requirements for benefit configuration in relation to the on-exchange products Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze including standalone Dental products mandated by the HealthCare reform act. Also documented Requirements for provider network reporting to the exchange on a set frequency.
● Worked to develop the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) for future references and audit purpose
● Developed artifacts of UML such as Activity diagram, Sequence Diagram, Process flow diagrams using MS Visio
● Created System Use Cases and BRD on HP Quality Centre.
● Developed and maintained Project Issues and Risk Log, and reported the same to senior management on weekly basis
● Developed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), User Training Materials, User Access guides, Online help, End User Guides and FAQ’s for customer service and Claims operations and Claims imaging/OCR end users
● Worked on writing SQL queries for data extraction and reporting purposes.
● Worked with IT and Business teams for developing IT Contingency planning policy document, conducted and documented Business Impact analysis (BIA) and also documented Recovery Strategy
3D Medical Manufacturing, WPB, FL Assistant Business Analyst Nov’11 – Sep ’12
Medical Technology Division: 3D Medical Manufacturing has a range of products and services that include medical imaging and information technologies, medical diagnostics, patient monitoring systems, drug discovery, and biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies. I was part of the IT division of the company. Our team was responsible for the enhancement of a desktop application that was used by the end users in the company to view customer information including sensitive and confidential information.
● Gathered user and business requirements through interviews, JAD sessions, weekly meetings, surveys and customer feedback
● Actively engaged in GAP analysis and business process improvement
● Prioritized requirements and designed Requirements Traceability Matrix using MS excel to ensure requirements traceability
● Used the Lean - Waterfall methodology to extensively model business processes
● Created Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, ER diagrams using Rational Rose
● Conducted meetings, documented items, communicated with stakeholders and made presentations to peers
● Used MS Project for project status reporting and planning
● Assisted the QA team in defect tracking and resolution
● Reduced most of the paperwork and digitalized the database, cutting the time spent in documentation by almost 40%
Bank of America, Miami, FL Assistant Business Analyst Jan’11 – Sep’11
IT Department: Assisted in designing and implementing business process solutions that generated efficiencies and cost savings. Conducted dual maintenance on the Security Master File, supporting corporate actions such as mergers, acquisitions, name changes, liquidations, conversions, new fund addition, among others. Provided employee training, statistical tracking, data scrubbing, and other project activities.
● Deployed a MS Access system that cut report updating from 4 hours to 15 minutes
● Performed cost-efficient dual maintenance and data scrubbing in place of 3 fulltime employees
Aditya Auto, Pune, India Jr. SAP Business Analyst Jan’10 – Dec’10
Equinox IT: Consulted with multiple business process owners to identify, define and document Business Needs & Objectives, current Operational Procedures, Problems, Input and Output Requirements and configuration of Business Rules.
●Conducted business process Gap Analysis between To-Be Design and SAP standard Business Processes, and made recommendations for Process Improvement
●Conducted preliminary technical research in identifying the cause of inefficiencies in SAP software and business systems
●Solved application and configuration issues and collaborated with other BSA’s to ensure end-to-end business process integration
●Created Test Scripts, developed SAP User Procedures, Training Curriculum & Training Sessions for all levels of end users
●Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Utah State University, Logan, UT USA
●Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering from University of Mumbai, India
●SAP MM, Lean & Six Sigma training, (working towards) CBAP, Scrum Master