Staten Island, NY 10304
Lowe’s Home Improvement
**** ****** *** ****** ******, NY 10303 December 2003 – April 2010
Flooring Associate/Lost Prevention
• Applied basic mathematical concepts such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and knowledge of weights and measures.
• Operated store equipment in assigned area (including but not limited to LRT, telephone, paging system, copiers, fax machines, computers, CCTV surveillance system, key cutting, panel saw, paint mixing computer, blind cutting, forklifts, pallet jacks, electric lifts, etc).
• Interpreted price tag and UPC information: Understood and responded appropriately to basic customer and employee inquiries. Operated, demonstrated and explained merchandise in assigned area: Worked in both inside and outside environmental conditions. Physical capability to move large, bulky and/or heavy merchandise and performed tasks that required prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
• Assisted throughout all areas of the store; sales floor, receiving, register areas, lawn and garden, including the outside perimeter of the store as an associate as well as a lost prevention assistant.
2660 Hylan Blvd, Staten Island, NY 10304
September 2000 – July 2003
Seafood Department Associate
• Ensured the seafood cases are well-stocked with fresh, high-quality seafood products for customers.
• Received, stocked, cut, prepared, wrapped, weighed, priced, and attractively merchandised seafood department products.
• Was responsible for proper inventory control and product rotation to maximize product freshness and availability, while minimizing waste.
• Attended the service case, assisted customers with special requests, and answer questions about our seafood products and helped increase sales by offering product samples and by recommending additional items.
1676 Richmond Rd Staten Island, NY 10304
June 1998 – August 2000
• Was Responsible for the overall sales and merchandise maintenance throughout the pharmacy and open and close the pharmacy.
• Maintained the department according to company merchandising standards and store operations policies. Maximized sales of department merchandise and related products.
• Ensured that all merchandising and operational activities took place on a consistent basis. Provided and ensured quick, responsive, and friendly customer service.
• Maintained inventory, managed/ordered deliveries: Managed staff scheduling, and conducted staff meetings.
Skills include, but are not limited to the use and handling of a forklift, cherry picker, electric pallet jack, cash register, calculator, compound knife, sanding pole, computer literate, electrical wiring, painting equipment, electrical scale