Selden, NY *****
OBJECTIVE Communications professional with proven superior written and oral communication skills, I am self-motivated, organized and extremely detail oriented. I am looking to obtain a position that will utilize my honed skills while also challenging and expanding them.
EXPERIENCE COLDWELL BANKER RESIDENTIAL BROKERAGE, Hauppauge, NY
A Realogy Corporation/NRT LLC Company
Communications & Community Relations Coordinator, 7/07-Present
• Utilize proven written communication skills by creating and disseminating weekly, monthly and on-demand internal communications and external press releases.
• Instituted successful marketing opportunities; prioritize and manage deadlines for major publications, such as the New York Times, Wall St. Journal and Newsday.
• Develop new weekly correspondences resulting in improved internal communications, increasing managers’ awareness of current market trends and effectively disseminating information to the field of over 1,000 sales associates.
• Promote the benefits and experience of Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage by acting as primary liaison and relationship manager for the local media and establishing new contacts with various media outlets.
• Coordinated several successful promotional and community outreach events, promotions and communications, such as the Long Island Business Conference, Hewlett House Paint and the company summer recruiting event.
• Work collaboratively with all channels of busy in-house marketing department, including advertising, luxury marketing, websites, interactive, publications and graphic design.
• Responsible for copywriting and editorial development from announcements to written content for brochures, websites, newsletter and electronic communiqués.
• Manage and monitor media enquiries and field communications; public relations policy enforcement and all media alerts.
• Coordinate with electronic marketing to develop newsroom website, resource information and archives.
• Conceptualize, research and produce monthly company address, Business Development Value Points, speeches and scripts for LOC President.
• Primary driver to prioritize deadlines, managing editorial and proofreading processes.
STATEN ISLAND ADVANCE, Staten Island, NY
Editorial Intern, 6/03-8/03
• Contributed to over 20 published articles through writing, research, interviews, and collaboration with the editorial team.
• Investigated and developed story ideas by receiving and following up on leads from the community.
• Created daily obituaries by performing interviews and research.
EDUCATION EMPIRE STATE COLLEGE, Saratoga Springs, NY
Bachelor of Arts in Cultural Studies, 2007
Overall GPA: 3.8/4.0
CANISIUS COLLEGE, Buffalo, NY
Major: Communication, 2004
Overall GPA: 3.06/4.0
SKILLS Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe PageMaker
ACTIVITIES & HONORS
• Canisius College Dean’s List 2004
• Member of Little Theatre Drama Club - served as President from Spring to Fall of 2004 & Publicity Director from Fall 2003 to Spring 2004.
• Member of Project Mexico – volunteer organization to assist underprivileged children in Mexico City, Fall 2003 to Summer 2004.
References available upon request.