**** *. ******** ****, #***, Alexandria, VA 22311
Results-oriented, highly organized professional with proven skills and a successful track record in all aspects of event planning and management for corporate, not-for-profit and social events. Proven ability to meet deadlines, and produce high quality events. Extensive strength and experience in problem-solving, customer service, account management and organizing large projects.
• Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word
• Event Planning and Management(corporate, non-profit, social)
• Project Management
• Relationship Management
• Meeting Management
• Account Management
• Newsletter creation
• Website Maintenance and Content Development
• Database Management
EVENTS BY TASHA-Rochester, NY December 2004-July 2008
Event Planner, Owner
• Coordinated and executed major aspects of event management for weddings, corporate and non-profit organizations. This includes selecting a site location and building guest/client databases.
• Managed event vendors to include venues, transportation, hotels, caterers and entertainment.
• Managed day- to-day operations and all functions of a retail bridal boutique and event planning services.
• Successfully managed event budgets.
• Organized and implemented marketing strategies that include mailings, monthly newsletter as well as print and radio advertising.
• Reconciled Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable for small business.
VALERIO AND KUFTA -Rochester, NY June 2005-June 2006
Event Coordinator (formerly Moran and Kufta)
• Coordinated all aspects of a not for profit program, Kids Are Special.
• Prepared and maintained monthly expense reports for not for profit program.
• Organized the Holiday Toy Giveaway event for 200 children.
• Supervised scholarship recipients and volunteers.
• Coordinated all aspects of mass mailings.
• Created and published newsletter for law firm.
CHARTER ONE AUTO FINANCE-Rochester, NY December 2000-November 2004
Recovery Specialist, Recovery Department (acquired by Citizens Bank)
• Responsible for daily work on charged off indirect auto loans. This includes Balloon loans and Lease accounts.
• Handled incoming/outgoing collection calls on charged-off consumer loan accounts.
• Effectively managed a portfolio of 600 charged-off accounts for auto finance group, while consistently meeting/exceeding a quarterly goal of $150,000.
• Helped increase the recovery rate by 75% over a two-year span as part of the recovery team.
• Provided training for new employees.
ENTERPRISE RENT-A-CAR-Chicago, IL February 1997-June 1999
Loss Control Administrator
• Handled property damage claims for twelve rental branches.
• Decreased loss per unit below regional average to $25/car.
• Coordinated underwriting training for rental branch employees.
• Managed Accounts Receivable for corporate accounts and cash rental customers.
• Directed day-to-day operations for the 90-car fleet.
• Forecast monthly rental income.
• Developed underwriting procedures for rental branch.
Johnson and Wales University
Providence, Rhode Island
Associates of Science in Hotel/Restaurant Management, 1993
Bachelors of Science in Institutional Management, 1995