SALES MANAGEMENT/MARKETING EXECUTIVE
CONSUMER GOODS & LOYALTY TECHNOLOGIES
“C” Level Sales & Sales Management Executive
New Business Development • Consultative & Solution Sales • Contract Negotiation
Strategic Alliances & Partnerships • Market Analysis
Organic Business Growth • Staff Development-Promotion • Leadership Development
Budget Planning • Channel Development & Management
Dynamic consultative sales, sales management, and marketing career with verifiable year after year success achieving revenue, profit, and business growth objectives within turnaround and rapid-change environments. Highly successful driver of revenue-generating new business by establishing strategic partnerships and relationships with upper-level decision makers, seizing control of critical problem areas, and delivering on commitments. Extensive experience with highly engineered systems that require deep understanding of critical business drivers. A proven leader who has implemented vision by motivating teams.
Negotiated largest contract in history of Catalina Marketing exceeding $120 million, maximizing share of critical markets and introducing new cost-effective solutions to client.
Achieved double digit CAGR for largest client partner over four years, outpacing competitors and industry trends
Transformed poorly aligned maintenance account into company-wide top profit performer, by coalescing 14 individual sales professionals into a coherent, purpose driven team, and resulting in elevated margins.
AFFINITY SOLUTIONS, INC, FRANKLIN, TN (2008-Present)
Affinity Solutions is a venture backed targeted and loyalty marketing company and the largest U.S. provider of retailer-based affinity programs. Affinity Solutions leverages a database of over 60 million credit and debit cards to target specific consumer purchase habits in an effort to change their purchase behavior to benefit Affinity’s retail and banking partners.
VICE PRESIDENT, RETAIL RECRUITMENT 2008-Present
Responsible for penetrating, consulting, and revenue development with top 100 retailers such as Safeway, Barnes & Noble, International Hotel Group, McDonalds, Chevron/Texaco, and others.
• Successfully established productive relationships with senior marketing and loyalty management with over 30 top 100 clients.
• Redesigned product positioning to better align with retailer needs and strategic direction resulting in a 300% increase in retailer responsiveness.
• Created a suite of analytical tools which created new revenue opportunities for Affinity Solutions.
CATALINA MARKETING CORPORATION, Irvine, CA (2000-2008)
Catalina Marketing (NYSE: POS) is the global leader in behavior based consumer communication, utilizing a proprietary combination of consumer behavior insight and dynamic consumer access. Catalina provides marketers with behavior-based marketing programs via targeted consumer communications, loyalty programs, and direct-to-patient information.
VICE PRESIDENT, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT 2005-Present
Selected to assemble and spearhead a national sales team for $50 million annual account with Nestle and its US affiliates. Tasked with streamlining nationally disseminated account, forging strategic relationships with key decision makers and agency partners, and developing marketing plans to integrate loyalty technologies with existing marketing formats.
• Sold to division presidents, vice presidents of marketing and sales, and senior brand and sales managers.
• Manage multi-tiered staff of 14 sales representatives (16% of sales force).
• Position the territory for growth at a 19% greater profitability than the company’s average.
• Design more profitable sales consulting strategy and team structure, delivering on average 103% of contract renewal objective.
• Integrate Catalina Marketing team into client strategic planning and execution strategies creating new value platform through solution oriented consulting.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT 2002-2005
Overall business management included all levels of relationships, revenue, profit, and effective execution of Catalina Marketing’s services. Leveraged knowledge of traditional and targeted marketing strategies to integrate behavior based practices with existing plans.
• Responsible for the development of all non-Nestle businesses, including Frito-Lay, Clorox, Dole Foods, Masterfoods, Dean Foods, and Del Monte.
• Sold to vice presidents, directors, and managers of marketing and sales.
• Achieved 109% of revenue objectives (10% of division’s total revenue).
• Succeeded in recruiting and training a higher standard of sales and marketing professionals, three of whom have subsequently been promoted to leadership positions.
• Designed program management and forecasting tool implemented company wide as a standard of excellence.
• Promoted to lead Nestlé corporate, pet, and prepared foods sales teams.
DIRECTOR, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT 2000-2002
Overall business management included all levels of relationships, revenue, and effective execution of Catalina Marketing’s services.
• Directly responsible for the day to day sales revenue of $12 million dollar territory with 28% CAGR.
• Effectively utilized knowledge of consumer targeting and profiling to build sustainable long-term business results.
DIAGEO, STAMFORD, CT (1995-2000)
Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of alcoholic beverage brands across spirits, wines and beer categories.
NATIONAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE 1998-2000
ASSOCIATE BRAND MANAGER 1997-1998
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER 1995-1997
JULIUS SCHEPPS COMPANY – DALLAS, TX
DISTRICT MANAGER 1993-1995
E&J GALLO WINERY – NEW ORLEANS, LA & DALLAS, TX
SALES REPRESENTATIVE 1992-1993
EDUCATION, TRAINING & TECHNICAL SKILLS
BS Louisiana State University Graduated 1991 • IRI Scan Data Training Program/Spectra Analysis • Center for Creative Leadership, Leadership Development Program • Rollins College, Train the Trainer