San Diego, Ca. ***20
TRAINING AND ORGANIZATION DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Energetic and driven I/O practitioner with tireless work ethic for improving organizational efficiency on every level. Experienced at designing and delivering training, project management, and human resources with a Fortune 50 international consumer electronics company. Superior people/communication skills, stemming from twelve years of customer service experience, most of which were spent in the high-end hospitality industry.
• Expertise in all levels of training & development (course design, delivery, and curriculum management)
• Strong presentation and training skills
• Experience with process improvement initiatives
• E-learning and training content developer
· Well-rounded HR practitioner
Education: National University
Masters of Science in Industrial/Organizational Psychology
Graduated Magna Cum Laude
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Minor in Addictive Disorders
Graduated with Honors
Experience: Sony Electronics Inc. ~ San Diego, Ca ~ November 2007 to present
Intern, Human Resources: Talent and Organizational Development (T&OD)
· Support of new training initiatives and development of course content and best practice socialization to Sony employees. Administrative support for T&OD managers and specialists.
· Supported Project Lead on the development and content design of a Project Management workshop and supplemental on-line support website.
· Supported Senior-management Talent review preparation
· Supported leadership training program delivery
· Attended and completed various training programs including Coaching and Developing Employees, Situational Self Leadership, and Situational Leadership.
· Analyzed various employee training evaluations utilizing Net Promoter Score (NPS) scoring methods in order to provide valuable feedback.
· Gathered feedback from a network of supervisors, managers, and/or directors from key business units for the purpose of greater ease in updating the NEOP content.
· Gathered feedback and revised New Employee Orientation Presentation (NEOP) materials and content.
· Performed an analysis of leadership competency models to identify commonalities and gaps.
· Experienced with instructional design.
· Created spreadsheets, reports, and presentation documents through proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, SnagIt, and Captivate.
Omni Hotel ~ San Diego, Ca ~ March 2004 to present
As part of the Guest Service Department, I actively coordinated guest orientation, escorts, transport of luggage and other delivery items. While managing these tasks I handle hotel room shows, front lobby maintenance and bell staff training. I also take care of arranging guest transportation as well as departures.
· Contracted Organizational Development work including a Performance Appraisal (PA) Analysis and creation of new PA, and creation of an original employee survey revolving around training and culture, including metrics.
· Coordination of group arrivals/departures.
· Coordination of group amenities and deliveries
· Training of department new hires.
· Creation of new best practice procedures revolving around safety, guest sensory experience, and new customer acquisition.
2005 Omni Service Champion (employee of the year)
4-time Employee of the Month
2-time Safety Winner
3-time Department of the Month Winner
Sensory Advisory Committee (personally appointed by General Manager)
Lodge at Torrey Pines ~ San Diego, Ca ~ June 2003 to March 2004
Guest Services Trainer/Bell and Door Person
In addition to the Bell Person duties listed above:
· Hand-selected by the General Manager for the position of Guest Service Trainer to train all incoming department employees.
· Managed all front drive operations revolving around guest/group arrival, departure, and transportation.
Four Seasons Biltmore Resort ~ Santa Barbara, Ca ~ 2002 to 2003 Bell Person
· Received superior rating as a Guest Service employee.
· Responsible for training of incoming department new hires.
St. Regis Monarch Beach Resort ~ Dana Point, Ca ~ 2001 to 2002 Valet
· Responsible for initial guest contact and safe, timely transfer of
vehicles to and from parking structure.
· Facilitated guest check-ins/checkouts.
· Supervised hotel shuttle and guest escorts
Personal: *Enjoyment of sport related activities and travel
*Extensive volunteer work
*Competitive Martial Artist
Skills: *Extensive social/PR skills through numerous jobs in customer service
*Conversational spoken Spanish
*Able to read and write Spanish for simple business tasks
*Completed Emergency Medical Technicians Course