Los Gatos CA
lisameddows at hotmail dot com
Part-time bookkeeper servicing small businesses and individuals (up to 20 hours per week).
I have been recuperating from an illness but am now ready, willing and able to return to work. Thank you for your consideration.
I look forward to being of service.
Independent Contractor 2002–Mar 2019
• Process vendor invoices for payment into QuickBooks.
• Reconcile bank and credit card statements, vendor and customer accounts, and daily cash, checks and credit card receipts.
• Generate customer estimates and invoices; post customer payments and bank deposits into QuickBooks.
• Edit expense reports for reimbursement.
• Create and place purchase orders with vendors; expedite deliveries and inventory management.
• Set-up and maintain Chart of Accounts
• Provide CPA with monthly financials.
• Payroll preparation for 10 people; post payroll entries.
• Evaluate and suggest process/procedural improvements.
• Set-up and maintain filing systems for various clients in medical products, pet industry, professional services consulting, electrical contractor, retail, interior design, and manufacturers rep.
• Provide bookkeeping for private clients using QuickBooks to manage their personal payables, credit card
transactions, bank transfers and reconciliations, as well as, administrative services. Work with CPA on pre-tax preparation.
• Proficient in QuickBooks desktop and online, Excel and e-mail correspondence.
• Flexible, detail-oriented and well-organized. Possess high level of integrity. Adept in research and problem
Employers – Xerox Corporation, Digital Equipment Corporation, Motorola, Stanford University,
Sun Microsystems, and various small and start-up businesses working in an office or home environment.
Business Area - Customer Service, Inside Sales, Executive Admin, Office Manager, Bookkeeper
Servicing clients in Los Gatos, Monte Sereno, Saratoga, Campbell and parts of San Jose.