Fremont, CA ****8
As an experienced data analyst with extensive market research industry knowledge, I am confident I can help translate and communicate KPI metrics and improve overall business performance. I believe my specific experience and knowledge of the Internet and Web 2.0 industry will undoubtedly help your company succeed.
University of California Santa Barbara – Bachelor of Arts, Sociology/Black Studies, 2000
University of Phoenix – Master of Business Administration, 2007
Production Analyst III – Senior Lead/Manager
Nielsen Online (NetRatings) – Milpitas, CA – www.netratings.com
Feb-2008 – Oct-2008
Nielsen Online (formerly NetRatings) provides a full range of Internet audience measurements including total web audience metrics as well as industry specific metrics including Search Engine and e-Commerce.
• Manager/Lead role for the Production Department with 8 direct reports; internal project manager for group.
• Accountable for data quality and analysis including syndicated Search (searches per searcher, visits per search, etc) and Retail (customers, reach/penetration, avg. price, etc) reports using internal custom web analytics tool.
• Historical trending analysis of key performance indicators (KPI) using SQL and Excel, clickstream anlysis, identification of anomalies and communication of data variances and associated analysis/solution to various external groups including product management, engineering and upper executive management.
• Provide insight regarding Web 2.0 industry trends and activity to help explain data points to various internal groups.
• Inter-departmental liaison for overall Production process for timely delivery of reports.
Associate Product Manager
Nielsen Mobile (Telephia, Inc) – San Francisco, CA – www.telephia.com
Jul-2007 – Feb-2008
Nielsen Mobile (formerly Telephia, Inc) provides monthly/quarterly market level subscriber information for all major telecommunication providers (AT&T, Verizon, etc) including activations, deactivations and churn rates.
• Product management for Market Metrics report and its subsidiary report from production to release.
• QC of monthly syndicated reports using Excel pivot tables/charts) and OLAP, answer far ranging client questions and handle reconciliations.
• Analysis and validation of various metric points including subscriber levels and churn rate.
• Maintenance of carrier released financial reports for cross reference against company released numbers.
• Reconciliation of methodology variables to explain differences in cross analysis of our reports and carrier financial statements to key internal and external clients.
Senior Data QA Analyst / Research Supervisor
NetRatings – Milpitas, CA – www.netratings.com
Aug-2004 – Jul-2007
NetRatings provides a full range of Internet audience measurements including total web audience metrics as well as industry specific metrics including Search Engine and e-Commerce.
• Senior lead for the Data Quality Assurance Department that transitioned to the Production Department thereafter.
• Responsible for data quality and analysis of multiple products including NetView and MegaView syndicate Search and Retail reports.
• Historical trend and clickstream analysis of key metrics including Audience, Page Views, Duration and Reach using SQL/Excel/web analytics tool.
• Key comparisons of competitors within various categories including: MySpace and Facebook in Social Networking sites, Amazon and BestBuy in e-Commerce, Google and Yahoo! in Search.
• Active participation and internal group leadership in cross-functional projects.
Pine Company – Culver City, CA – *no longer in business
Sep-2000 – Aug-2004
Pine Company was a market research tabulation/report generation company whose main client was a Nielsen subsidiary – National Research Group – generating reports for film industry studios including Columbia, Warner Bros., and MGM.
• Data capturing and creation of tabulation reports for market research clients.
• Tabulation set-up and quality control checks of all reports, data management and manipulation, general troubleshooting throughout daily production cycles.
• Survey reviews to identify potential points of concern including initial qualifying demographic questions to skip pattern logicals.
• Handle client questions and requests in a timely manner, manage special projects and maintain client contact.
• Eventual management of home office in order to telecommute from SF Bay Area.
I am a left-brain analytical thinker when challenges arise. I am also an intuitive and creative problem solver when unique solutions are required. I have excellent communication, leadership, teamwork, and planning skills. I am a quick and adaptive learner and enjoy the daily challenges that I confront. I am proficient in: MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and MS Outlook. I am also quickly familiarizing myself with Mac OS X and iWork software package: Keynote, Pages, Numbers. I have intermediate SQL skills as well. I am very familiar with various NetRatings products and internal web analytics tool. Through my MBA program, I have learned the 9 step Problem Based Learning (PBL) approach to solving business issues.