**** *** ***. ***** **. Petersburg, Florida 33710
H/W: 562-***-**** Email: *********@*****.***
December 1994: MBA in International Management
Thunderbird-Garvin Graduate School of International Management, Glendale, AZ
May 1986: Bachelor of Science Business Administration, (BSBA)
Major: Economics Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio
May 2002 to August 2008
Marketing and Sales
LBC Marketing, Long Beach, CA (St. Petersburg, FL from May 2008)
· Market credit reporting products from credit bureaus in the US, Canada and the United Kingdom. The credit monitoring services protects the customer against identity theft as well as educates them about the benefits of better credit.
· Place paid search/contextual marketing ads on search engines including Google, Yahoo/Overture, MSN, AOL.com, Looksmart, ABC Search, 7Search, Clicksor, Lycos, and Ask.com. Conduct keyword research. Write ad copy creative. Optimize keywords for ROI, manage bids, and improve creative.
· Buy, place and optimize Internet display ads of numerous sizes as well as full-page pop-unders and video clips on various ad networks including Google, Clicksor, MediaTraffic, and the BlindNetwork. Average annual ad spend including paid search and all other ad types of $97,080
· Program and update several websites and blogs using MS Frontpage, Website Tonight, and QuickBlog including http://www.freecreditagencyreport.com, http://www.checkcreditcanada.com, and http://www.freecreditreportuk.info Optimize for natural search engine rankings.
· Attend a major Internet Marketing conference at least once a year including Ad:Tech Miami.
August 1999- May 2002
ConsumerInfo.com, a division of Experian, Orange, CA
· Manage Ad Agency I-Traffic-San Francisco and its Internet advertising budget of $500,000 per month. Applied Direct Marketing principles in buying Banners and Email on a CPM, CPC and CPA basis. Worked with Creative Production Team at the Agency to produce new banner creative each month.
· Negotiated a contract with BeFree for a back-end Affiliate Network solution. Directed implementation and on-going operation of Affiliate Network by the advertising agency, I-Traffic. Grew Affiliate Network to 20% of orders in nine months and maintained a 40% Profit Margin.
· Executive Produced a Direct Marketing (DM) TV Commercial. Identified and negotiated for a Director, scriptwriter, and actors. Managed Ocean Media in order to buy $500,000 per month of Radio and TV spots.
· Oversaw Radio Direct Response (RDR) in production of Radio Commercials.
· Project Lead for Credit Product enhancements such as a renewal price increase, credit risk profiling, email newsletter retention marketing, and direct mail marketing.
April 1997 - July 1999
New Media Marketing Manager for Entrepreneur.com/SmallBizSearch.com
Entrepreneur Magazine, Irvine, California
· Negotiated with Senior VP of Business Development at AOL to procure Anchor Tenant status for Entrepreneur.com in AOL's About Work area. Entrepreneur paid no cash but traded rate card value of ad pages in Entrepreneur Magazine for impressions. Approved contract with help of Entrepreneur's Legal Counsel. Worked with Production staffs at AOL and Entrepreneur to Implement the agreement. Managed the partnership with AOL after implementation.
· Negotiated for and developed free e-mail on Entrepreneur.com. Entrepreneur paid no cash up front to WhoWhere? (Now owned by Lycos), no sign up minimum requirements, and shared future ad revenue 50/50. Approved contract with help of Entrepreneur's Legal Counsel. Directed production staff in launching product on the web. EntrepreneurMail had been one of Entrepreneur.com's single largest providers of page views. Directed production staff in launching product on the web.
· Wrote copy for and approved graphics for ads that ran in Entrepreneur and Small Business StartUps Magazines. Wrote press releases and distributed them.
· Planned, bought for (negotiated prices), managed, and implemented a monthly Internet ad banner media budget that was $140,000 by June 1999. Achieved a $.25 monthly cost per click. Increased monthly page views from 436,889 in May 1997 to 2,550,000 in June 1999.
1995-1997 Consulting and Project Work Los Angeles, CA
· Tested Toy Story, Lion King, Winnie-the-Pooh, and other CD ROM’s at Disney Interactive.
· Promoted Music Artists to radio stations for Radio and Retail Promotions.
· Conducted media campaign for Media Psychiatrist Carol Lieberman
· Completed various temporary assignments around Los Angeles for Advertising agencies, entertainment companies and others. Assignments included TWBA/Chiatt/Day, Activision, Capitol Records, Warner Brothers Burbank, Fox Pictures, Universal, Spelling Entertainment, and others.
January 1994 – March 1995
Marketing Management Intern
Polton Music Corporation-Warner Music Licensee for Poland, Scottsdale, AZ
· Developed a detailed marketing plan to create distribution channels, and stimulate demand for music compact discs in Poland.
· Created business plans, which were presented, to various banks, which included expansion strategy, marketing strategy, 5-year revenue-expense forecasts, cash flow, and financing.
· Researched the buying habits of consumers for compact discs. The study summarized secondary research, proposed a marketing survey to be conducted, and analyzed the marketing implications.
April 1990 – August 1993
Mutual Fund Accountant
Fidelity Investments, Boston, Massachusetts
· Confirmed and settled Foreign Security and Foreign Exchange transactions for Mutual Funds.
· Advised senior management of the impact of currency fluctuations on operations, and proposed courses of action for foreign exchange and hedge trading.
June 1989 to March 1990
Money Market Accountant
Bank of New England, Boston, Massachusetts
· Audited dividend distributions for various funds.
· Reconciled daily wire account for fund transfers.
1986 -1989 Lieutenant, Armor Battalion
United States Army, Garlstedt, Germany
· As Platoon leader trained, managed, and commanded 15 soldiers and 4 tanks in the field during training exercises and on the base.
· As Assistant Public Affairs Officer designed and executed various marketing-public relations campaigns directed at the local populace. Wrote articles for the post newspaper.
Languages: Proficient in spoken and written German