Roswell, GA ****6
Senior Curriculum/Instructional Designer, Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, 07/2006 –present
Certified EPIC (Healthcare EMS) designer & lead trainer for Inpatient & Hospital Services Department (HSD) editions of EPIC Healthcare software.
• Responsible for meeting, aligning and partnering with subject matter experts to analyze their current mandated workflows to design and build a software process that matches current charting and documentation. Responsible for leading the change management process from paper to the electronic medical record,
• Responsible for the design of the instructor led and e-learning training materials for the implementation.
• Applying adult learning materials and systematic development processes (ADDIE Model) to create, maintain, update and standardize training materials for functional and technical courses. Includes Train-the-Trainer & End User guides.
• Designs and maintains Learning Management website content.
• Uses current E-learning authoring tools in the Macromedia Suite to develop simulations, using Captivate & Flash to offer a fully flexible learning strategy.
• Also uses Microsoft Office, (Word, PowerPoint, Flash, Excel, Project, Visio) and additional graphics software (SnagIt) to develop online materials, stand-up delivery modules, web based training, and assessments.
• Utilizes SharePoint for Training project planning and content storage.
• Effectively demonstrates strong interpersonal skills to interact positively and productively with a variety of personnel within teams and across organizational lines including clinicians and systems developers.
• Reliably functions in a dynamic environment subject to impromptu changes in schedules and priorities.
• Displays strong initiative by establishing personal goals and takes responsibility for meeting them within defined timelines and with minimal assistance from supervisor.
• Uses ASTD & e-Learning Guild content to stay current with trends and tools in the learning industry.
Training Specialist & Curriculum Designer of Synchronous & Stand up delivery training programs, Canon USA, Inc. 5/2001 – 06/2006
• Used Adult learning principles in the design and delivery process to develop online and face to face delivery courseware via Webex Training Center.
• Senior Training & Design specialist responsible for the vendor selection, implementation, and synchronous training of all software programs using Webex Training Center.
• Responsible for the cross-training of fourteen trainers on staff/
• Responsible for the development of all online courses for four product programs for the purpose of synchronous training.
• Responsible for instructor led courses and stand-up delivery of Canon networked products and Canon Sales Practices and Soft Skill training for internal sales force, engineers and network administrators using SPIN selling techniques (Huthwaite) to increase product sales and prospecting skills.
• Certified Synchronous Delivery Instructor and Developer (InSync Training, 2005)
• Certified Technical Trainer (C.T.T. by Friesen Kaye)
• Certificate of completion at Friesen Kaye’s Instructional Design Course. (2004)
• Certified Document Imaging Architect, (C.D.I.A.) by Comptia (2001)
Senior Technical Trainer, Resumix, Inc. (acquired by Hotjobs.com) 01/01/1999- 04/01/2001 (due to Reduction in Force)
• Conducted instructor led training courses in both stand up delivery and synchronous (or online training, or e-learning, or web hosted applications) modes for sales and implementation force, including recruiters, HR managers and Senior Leadership.
• Proficient in web delivery technologies such as WebEx & LearnLinc to train multiple clients in their use of Resumix Software (Human Resources relational database software)
• Instructed all Resumix software applications including client based and web hosted, and also conducted technical training for system administrators using Crystal Reports and SQL code.
• Utilized FrontPage for publishing and Captivate for simulation build for e-learning content.
Recruiting Manager, Technisource, Inc. 07/1997- 12/1998
• A strong multi-tasking manager that was responsible for the hiring and recruiting of technical positions for clients. Tasks include the responsibility for the pre-screening of applicants through phone interviews and face-to-face interviews prior to submitting them to various clients. Met all goals for hiring numbers and was promoted to Sales / Account Management after 7 months experience in recruiting. Managed office and recruiting personnel, technical consultants, and a multitude of clients up to $1 million in billing.
Elementary Education Teacher in both Alachua and Seminole County Public Schools from 1995-1997.
M.A. in Adult Education & Distance Learning, University of Phoenix, 10/2005,
B.A. in Education, University of Florida, 1994