MARCUS C. HOLLIS
Memphis, TN 38141
(901) 825 - 7219
• Supervised 15-25 federal employees in various aspects within the organization.
• Qualified and certified technician with excellent electrical troubleshooting skills.
• Managed equipment and soldiers valued in excess of $15,000,000.
• Managed security of property and end-of-day accounting as well as deposits.
• Maintained 100% accountability of all assigned inventory.
• Coordinated and supervised 10 to 12 group projects to 100% customer satisfaction.
• Implemented welfare and well-being programs to 99% success and satisfaction.
• Conducted verification of 7 to 10 gaming jackpots averaging $1.5 million.
• Managed commercial and retail accounts valued at $2 million in sales.
• Proven supervisor with excellent people and marketing skills.
• Constantly in top quartile of all performance, sales and training skills for all years of experience.
• Accomplished all tasks to 98% accuracy and attains the short and long term objectives of the organization.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office Applications, Data Sweep, Oracle, and AS400.
• Strong ability to interpret instructions in written, oral and diagram forms.
• Obtained familiarity with logistics, gaming procedures and service metrics.
Strayer University Memphis, TN
Master of Business Management Expected graduation 12/09
The University of Memphis Memphis, TN
Bachelor of Arts in Management Graduated December 2005
Fayetteville Technical Community College Fayetteville, NC
Associate of Science in Marketing & Sales Graduated May 2000
Flextronics Jan 2006 to Nov 2007 Product Test Technician 2
• Coordinated, repaired and diagnosed repair activities to include inbound processing and work distribution as well as production tracking and scheduling.
• Trained multiple personnel in repair procedures to include diagnosis, disassembly, repair and reassembly.
International Game Technology April 2001 to June 2005 Service Technician 2
• Coordinated and supervised multiple group projects to 100% satisfaction and specifications.
• Maintained accountability and verified multiple $million dollar jackpots.
• Achieved excellent troubleshooting skills with the ability to resolve various problems with vast customer service and related electronics experience.
• Improved adaptation at comprehension and applications of wiring diagrams and schematics.
Sherwin-Williams January 2000 to April 2001 Retail Sales Associate
• Third key holder. Responsible for security of property and end of day accounting and deposits to bank.
• Managed commercial and retail accounts for $2,000,000 in sales.
• Maintained 100% accountability of assigned inventory.
• Arbitrated multiple customer service issues and provided complaint resolution.
United States Army June 1989 to January 1998 Sergeant/E-5, Supervisor
• Supervised multiple soldiers in various aspects of telecommunications as well as numerous real-world mission accomplishments.
• Managed command and control of digital secure communications, weapons and soldiers valued in excess of $15,000,000 to include maintenance, inventory and welfare.
• Implemented soldier welfare and professional being programs to include additional and supplemental education measures.
CERTIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL RECOGNITION
Certified Trainer with Train the Trainer Program
Certified Slot Technician 2004 & 2005
Certified with United States Signal Corps
Certified in Defense Hazardous Waste and Handling
Certified with Emergency Management Institute
Recognized for Volunteer Efforts to Lillian Black Elementary
Recognized for Volunteer Efforts by Town of Hope Mills
Humanitarian Service Medals for Relief Efforts in Hurricane Disasters
Commendation Medals for Outstanding Supervision and Service
Achievement Medals for Above Average Performance and Achievements
Good Conduct Medals for Outstanding Service to United States Army
Professional Development & Leadership Medals for Management Training
References Available Upon Request