David A. Bell
Gloucester City, NJ 08030
Primary E-Mail Address: email@example.com
Alternate E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be placed in a position within a Corporation where I can utilize my vast technical expertise; leadership and instructional skills and experience that will demonstrate the highest degree of company loyalty, customer service and the highest quality of outcome.
United States Army National Guard Sergeant ready to transfer highly versatile knowledge and skills to a career in IT, management, PM TRCS. Maintains an active U.S. Government secret security clearance and a US DoD issued CAC (Common Access Card). Currently a member of the U.S. Army National Guard. Former combat Veteran of Iraq, OIF (Operation Iraqi Freedom) Technical Trainer position.
• Veteran with 17 years proven success in logistical management, IT, and military unit deployments.
• Accomplished, results-oriented military operations expert.
• Proven leadership capabilities to launch multi-faceted initiatives.
• Management of cross-functional teams reducing expenses and improving quality standards of multi-million dollar projects.
• Certified Instructor for the Blue Force Tracker (FBCB2)
• Proficient at Joint Tactical Radio System (JTRS)
• Excellent skills in oral communications, public relations, and project management.
• A respected team player and leader with strong work ethics.
• Consideration of others training.
• Cultural adversity training.
• 12 years of experience and training in an extreme wide range of radio communication technology, customer assistance and support AM/FM/ HF/UHF/VHF radio installation and repair.
• 10 years experience in developing, implementing, teaching, and enforcing organizational and Department of Defense policies regarding communication security plans and procedures.
• 3 Years of experience of Harris Radio Systems to include use in a combat zone (OIF).
• 15 Years experience of SINCGAR Radio Systems (A-F Models ASIP) to include use in a combat zone.
• 15 Years experience in using COMSEC Equipment for loading FH Data (ANCD) AN/CYZ-10, AN/PYQ-10 SKL (Simple Key Loader), KYK-13, KYX-15, KYK-18 Tape Reader, Type 1 Encryption, Building and Modifying loadsets to include use in a combat zone (OIF).
• Real World experience and proficient with Tactical Hand Held Radios (THHR)(OIF).
Education and Professional Training
• Gloucester City High School, Gloucester, NJ – Diploma -1988
• Information System Ft. Gordon, GA 1992
• Combat Signaler (31K) Ft. Gordon, GA 1992
• Communication Specialist (31U) Ft. Lewis, WA. 1994
• Warrior Leadership Course (WLC) McCrady Training Center, Eastover, SC 2007
• Basic Noncommissioned Officers Course Phase 1 (BNCOC) Ft. Dix, NJ 2008
• Army Basic Instructor Course (ABIC formally TAITC) Total Army Instructor Trainer Course Ft. Dix, NJ 2008
• Defensive Driving Course Camp Shelby, MS 2005
• Combat Life Savers Course (CLS) Camp Shelby, Mississippi 2005
• Awarded and maintains a Secret Security Clearance with duties as Communications Security
• Lived and worked in several countries; understand cultural diversity and ethnic background.
• PLGR and DAGR GPS class Camp Shelby, MS 2005
• Computer User Security Training Ft. Gordon, GA 2005
• Anti-Terrorism Level 1 Awareness Training Camp Shelby, MS 2005
Certificates and Correspondence Courses
• Mission Application User (MCS Lite Computer System) Camp Shelby, MS 2005 40hrs
• ASIP/SINCGAR RT-1523 Camp Shelby, MS 2005 40hrs
• Harris AN/PRC 117 Radio Camp Shelby, MS 2005 40hrs
• General Technical Study Course Balad, Iraq 2006 70hrs
• AN/PRC 148 MBITR Ft. Bragg, NC 2007 40hrs
• Blue Force Tracker(FBCB2) Ft Dix, NJ 2007 40hrs
• Army Basic Instructor Course (ABIC) Ft. Dix, NJ 2008 70hrs
• Harris AN/PRC 150 Radio Ft. Dix, NJ 2008 40hrs
• AN/PSC-5 Satellite Radio Ft. Bragg, NC 2007 40hrs
• AN/PRC-152 Radio Ft Bragg, NC 2007 40hrs
• Intelligence Support of Division Operations 2006 21hrs
• Methods of Instruction- Effective Speaking 2006 17hrs
• Effective Army Writing 2006 03hrs
• Microwave Techniques 2006 12hrs
• Basic Electricity Mathematics 2007 15hrs
• Basic Electricity 2007 16hrs
• Surveying 3 ( Topographic and Geodetic Surveys) 24hrs
• Corrective Maintenance of Patriot Radar Set Part 4 2007 10hrs
• Combined Arms Support 2006 22hrs
• Electron Tubes 2006 10hrs
• Accident Prevention Management Process 2006 16hrs
• Surveying 1 2006 15hrs
Veteran Information & Eligibility
Security Clearance: Secret (Active)
• Proficient in MS Word, XP, Power Point, Excel, Networking, Cable building, and knowledge on multiple forms of Antennas.
• FIX frequency operation, SINGARS HOP, etc… ALE, 3G, DATA
• Blue Force Tracker(FBCB2), EPLRS, AN/PSC 5 Satellite radio, Harris AN/PRC150, AN/PRC117, AN/PRC 152, SINCGARS (RT-1523A-F Model Radios HF) MBITR AN/PRC148, JTRS, UHF, HF, VH
• Radio Frequencies (RF), Wave propagation, legacy (aka “old”) Communications Systems 12 series radios, Frequency Range from 30Mhz-87.975, RT-524/VRC, RT-246/VRC, R-442/VRC.
• Proficient in COMSEC Equipment for loading FH Data (ANCD) AN/CYZ-10, AN/PYQ-10 SKL (Simple Key Loader), KYK-13, KYX-15,KYK-18 Tape Reader
Instructor July 2007- Present US Army National Guard (Active Duty) Ft. Dix, N.J.
• Directed and monitored all areas of operations for 6 instructors, responsible for conducting training sessions.
• Responsible for $150,000 worth of equipment that I was signed for and was held accounted for.
• Instructed classes for SINCGAR(RT-1523 A-F model radio’s), Harris AN/PRC 117,150,152, PSC-5 Satellite radio systems and Blue Force Tracker(FBCB2)
• Created a forty hour Point of Instruction (POI) that maximized the effectiveness of personnel using the Harris Radio Class resulting in an increase in force readiness
• Coordinated and executed training of mobilizing personnel for the use of newly implemented computer technology and communications equipment
• Assembled and managed a team of instructors responsible for the training and force readiness of hundreds of Army, Navy, and Air Force personnel.
• Developed and modified curriculum to meet operational and leadership standards
• Effectively guided and directed subordinates to achieve their highest potential.
Senior Supervisor - Communication October 2005 – June 2007 US Army National Guard (Active Duty) Balad, Iraq
• Maintained all COMSEC devises in my Unit at 100% operational rating for 21 months
• Developed curriculum and implemented classes to train soldiers on radio equipment.
• Maintained unit at 100% mission capable at all times.
• Provided my unit with 100% accountability on all inspections.
• Saved the unit $48,000 on equipment cost by negotiating with vendors to get a lower equipment cost.
• Supervised all operations, connections, inspections, testing, performance analysis and diagnostics
• Supervised all calibrations, preventive maintenance routines, troubleshooting and repair of 4 million dollars worth of communication equipment for 2 companies in Iraq
• Developed staffing needs for daily operations and special projects
• Scheduled, directed, and evaluated 5 employees.
• Provided team leadership and technical advisement while promoting consensus and establishing a work environment conducive to high levels of productivity.
• Responsible for instruction on and maintenance of 6 experimental robots valued at
• Implemented a class for soldiers on how to use the current forms of radios presently being used in Theatre of Operations i.e. (Harris AN/PRC 150, 117, 152 radios SINCGARS (RT-1523A-F model Radios) MBITR AN/PRC148 and the Blue Force Tracker
• Assigned as the COMSEC custodian responsible for building and modifying loadsets
• 3 years experience with vehicular mounted and static display of Blue Force Tracker computer and satellite systems that provided near-real time GPS; maps and a display of friendly forces in Iraq and Afghanistan with ever changing database upgrades and text messaging to other elements.
• Enforced all general command policies on Communications Operations and wrote standard operating procedures, (SOP), on communication shop operations and automation information management operations.
• Worked alongside major company representatives for companies such as Motorola, Raytheon, Thales, and Harris for communications equipment contracts and equipment in order for foreign nationals to communicate with US Forces in support of presidential mandates.
Communications Specialist November 1995-October 2005
US Army National Guard Vineland, NJ
• Responsibilities included all regional towers/ranges operating at 100% capability and with no down time so the unit could complete their mission.
• Innovated and implemented a Jump Radio system in the M1 tanks allowing for mission training taping and opening up new avenues for training missions reviews resulting in M1 team’s performance improvement.
• Maintained all vehicle communications and 100% equipment accountability in the unit.
• Managed all soldiers in my section, maintained all COMSEC in my unit.
• Planned and implemented a training program for all Soldiers in my unit on how to use new military radio systems.
Owner/Sales Manager August 2000-October 2005
Homesitters of N.J. Inc Westville, NJ
• Supervised 12 Sales Representatives and 8 Installers.
• Implemented internet sales program increasing company sales by 40%
• Conducted sales appointments
• Took care of all administrative work and day to day office work.
• Trained on all coded alarm and fire systems.
• Created a new marketing programs which lead to the gaining $450,000 gross revenue in 2004
Honors & Awards
• Global War on Terrorism (GWOT) 2007
• Five Army Achievement Awards (x5) 2007
• Iraq Campaign Medal 2007
• Army Commendation Medal (ARCOM) 2008
• New Jersey Distinguished Service Medal 2007 (New Jersey Highest State Award)
• Good Conduct Medal 2007
• Armed Forces Reserve Medal w/M Device 2007
• National Defense Service Ribbon w/ Bronze Star 2007
• Overseas Service Ribbon w/ Number 2(served overseas 2 times) 1995,2007
• Combat Spurs (given to Cavalry Soldiers who served in Combat) 2007
• New Jersey Good Conduct Medal (State Award) 1999
• Girls Softball Team Coach Gloucester City, NJ 2007
• MSG Juan Cruz
Phone # 646-***-****
• MSG Eric French
• Chief Warrant Officer 3(CW3) Christopher Melchior