Alexandria, Virginia 22306 email@example.com United States Of America
Highly experienced instructional assistant. Assisting a classroom teacher in carrying out daily lesson plans and activities for an Elementary Special Education Self-Contained classroom. Able to handle a high volume classroom in a fast-paced environment, with minimum supervision, while maintaining emphasis on the highest quality of productivity. Excellent listening skills, oral and written communications. Comfortable in interacting with all levels of the organization and public. Excellent problem solving and negotiating skills. Able to make decisions independently and quickly with minimal escalations.
Stratford University, Woodbridge, VA 2013-present
A.A.S. Culinary Arts Management (Anticipated Graduation: June 2015)
• ServSafe Certified
Fairfax County Public Schools Fairfax County February 2016-Current Substitute Instructional Assistant
Works in a classroom setting under the direct supervision of a head teacher.
Offers additional instructional support or works with individuals or groups on various activities.
Fills in as needed when regular classroom teachers are absent.
Temporary assignment of duties which may include a variety of paraprofessional curriculum and instructional tasks to support teachers and other professional staff in a general or special education classroom or learning environment
Assists with the daily management of the students and classroom. Department of Parks and Recreation Arlington County Current Facility Monitor
develop and implement a facility management program including preventative maintenance and life-cycle requirements
conduct and document regular facilities inspections
ensure compliance with health and safety standards and industry codes
allocate and manage facility space for maximum efficiency
coordinate intra-office moves
supervise maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment
oversee facility refurbishment and renovations
plan and manage facility central services such as reception, security, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and parking
implement best practice processes to increase efficiency
obtain quotes and tenders from vendors and suppliers
calculate and compare costs for goods and services to maximize cost-effectiveness
negotiate contracts to optimize delivery and cost saving
coordinate and monitor activities of contract suppliers
manage contractor and vendor relationships
manage and review service contracts to ensure facility management needs are being met
ensure delivery schedules, quantity and quality criteria are met
check completed work by contractors and vendors. Price Blinds Alexandria, Va
Greet customers upon arrival.
Assist them by providing appropriate forms and writing materials. Give assistance, if necessary, in filling them out.
Represent our office positively throughout this encounter and work to create a comfortable and relaxed, yet professional and competent feel to the front office.
Make sure the customers files are in the proper place, and promptly indicate to the installer and other appropriate staff when the next client has arrived.
Promptly update schedule changes and coordinate client flow.
Monitor when a client is late. When a patient is five minutes late, follow up with a phone call.
Consult with installer or other staff to decide on rescheduling or changing the proposed work load for the day.
Consult with installer on appropriate course of action after failed appointment, late
arrival, or late cancellation (less than 24 hour notice). Home Depot Alexandria, Va
•Scan items and ensure pricing is correct.
•Greet customers and ask if they want paper or plastic.
•Take customers' orders.
•Deliver hot or cold food to customers.
•Take coupons and scan correctly.
•Dispense correct change.
•Take money in the form of cash, credit card, or check. Fali's Barber and Beauty Alexandria, VA June 2013-Nov 2015 Hair Stylist
• Performs hair style consultation in order to decide what services the client needs
• Provides services to clients such as shampooing, cutting, styling, coloring and highlighting as desired
• Maintains safety standards and cleanliness
• Emphasizes product benefits and assist clients in the selection of retail products or services for their hair care needs
• Maintains a consistent relationship with client base in order to ensure return clients
• Proactively develop new customers
• Provide demonstrations to trainees
• Train newly hired hair stylists in a proactive manner
• Resolving guest challenges, utilizing support from the Salon Manager when necessary
• Executing standard telephone procedure using appropriate customer service etiquette
• Attends and participates in continuing education and training in order to follow new trends and techniques
• Successfully introduced new styles and new pricing for styles that are "THE NEW IN" PPL Partnerships Alexandria, Va November 2011-November 2012 Caretaker
• Spent time with client building a relationship to ensure that the client felt comfortable at all times.
• Help clients or residents with the Activities of Daily Living
• Plan, arrange and serve meals for clients and might carry out other cleaning duties
• Keep records of everyday activities and health information regarding each client
• Perform household tasks; laundry, shopping, errands and transportation
• Create and maintain a pleasant work environment
• Assisted client with everyday duties and activities. Ladies and Gents Hair Salon Alexandria, Va October 2011-August 2012 Receptionist
Greeted, assisted and directed guests, workers, visitors and the general public
• Answered all incoming calls and handled caller’s inquiries
• Provided office support services so as to make sure efficiency
• Responded to guests and public inquiries
• Received, directed and passed on telephone fax messages
• Directed the employees, guests and general public to the right staff member
• Maintained a sufficient record of office supplies
• Provided word-processing and clerical support
• Picked up and delivered the mail
• Maintained the common filing system and file all letters
• Coordinated the repair and maintenance of office supplies
• Provided administrative services to the office manager Reference: Available upon request