Nguyen Vuong https://github.com/shagumnic
Luther College - Decorah, IA Expected June 2023
GPA: 3.981 (4.0 Scale)
Awards: Luther College’s Dean’s List for both Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 semesters (Top 5%). Relevant Courses: Algorithms and Data Structures, Calculus II, Computational Models, Object-Oriented Programming With Java, Intro To Computer Science, Data Modeling and Querying, Fundamentals of Web Programming. Work Experience
Luther College December 2019 - June 2020
Undergrad Teaching Assistant for Intro To Computer Science (Python)
● Answered and resolved questions and problems related to Python language during every lecture.
● Tutored/mentored students after class to help them understand the important concepts of coding and programming.
● Graded students’ homework, corrected and explained their mistakes before handing them back.
● 80% of the class passed with at least a 3.0/4.0 GPA at the end of the semester.
Freelance October 2019 - Present
Tutor, Software Engineer
Freelance Tutor, Software Engineer
● Tutored/mentored customers remotely or directly to guide them through the courses/projects they were struggling with.
● 90% of the clients got their grades raised to at least a 3.7/4.0 GPA after the tutor section.
● Organized and created assignments for customers to improve their coding skills.
● Looked into clients’ projects and ensured there were no coding errors so they would run as intended.
● Implemented suitable and optimal algorithms to make clients’ final build of their program ran at least twice as fast as before with the memory usage decrease by at least 50%.
Highly skilled and proficient in: Python
Proficient in: SQL, HTML, CSS, Java
Frameworks/libraries/tools: Data Structures, Machine Learning, Amazon S3 (AWS), Tensorflow, Django, Jquery, RegEx, RabbitMQ, Bootstrap, New Relic, Celery, Tkinter, Scikit-learn, Rest API, Beautiful Soup, NumPy, pandas, Seaborn, Rake Projects
Video Game's Released and Discount Notification Website https://shagumsite.herokuapp.com/
● A website that sends notifications to users when the video games (and their corresponding data) the users add to their accounts’ lists have been released and/or is on discount now.
● Users could customize their notifications options, such as would they want the website to only notify them when at least a certain discount rates have been reached.
Tools: Python, Django, Jquery, RegEx, Bootstrap, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, Celery, New Relic, Amazon S3, REST API, HTML, CSS, JSON
Video Game’s Success Prediction App https://github.com/shagumnic/videoGameSuccessPrediction
● An application that builds a machine learning model based on the video games’ data already downloaded and processed to predict the number of players the game the user inputted will have after a month. Tools: Python, Tensorflow, Tkinter, Matplotlib, NumPy, pandas, Seaborn, Rake, CSV, pyinstaller
Video Games Recommendation App https://github.com/shagumnic/videoGameRecommendation
● An application that builds a content-based filtering recommendation system based on the video games’ data already downloaded and processed to output the 10 most similar games to the video game that a user has picked. Tools: Python, Scikit-learn, Tkinter, RegEx, Rake, NumPy, pandas, CSV, pyinstaller
Sorting Algorithms Visualizer https://github.com/shagumnic/sortingAlgoVisualizer
● An application that visualizes the working process of famous sorting algorithms (Selection Sort, Bubble Sort, Insertion Sort, Merge Sort, Quick Sort, Heap Sort) on several bar charts that has different length each based on their value. Tools: Python, Tkinter, pyinstaller
Video Game's Data Scraping & Downloading
● An application that automatically requested & received video games’ data from various sites’ REST API or Web Scraper. Tools: Python, RegEx, BeautifulSoup, requests, JSON, CSV Leadership
Vice President at The Computer Science Society Club of Luther College.