Brendan Guy firstname.lastname@example.org
Long Island / Patchogue 516-***-****
Various Consulting Roles (2011 - 2020)
• Office/Operations Manager, Paul J. Angelides Engineers; Intake, interview, assignment, and scheduling of all new business. Accounts receivable, follow-up, and reporting for an investigative forensics engineering firm. Internal tech-support, operations, development, and inventory management.
• Technologist, AllMac LLC; Broad-spectrum strategist, manager, and administrator on retainer, handling on-site Mac/PC/Other tech-support for 15+ small-medium sized business clients across NYC.
• Manager of Desktop Technology, Build America Mutual; Whole-scene execution for a financial startup. Administration of desk and mobile devices, local and cloud services. Automated backups, central authentication, VOIP integration, as the company grew from 7 to 55 people
• Technical Operations Manager, U.S. Import & Supply; Founding partner of Chilean startup. Remote vision & support for international logistics, customs-law, solar, satellite links, a/v conferencing. Grey Advertising (1999 - 2010)
Manager of Creative Technologies; Led a staff of five supporting 400 users across multiple offices. Set policy, wrote (and honored) SLA’s. Inventory controls, purchasing standards, vendor-management, and all level-3 technical escalation. Highlights while at Grey:
• Audit Manager; Sarbanes-Oxley reporting, security confidence, and antivirus-compliance.
• Cross-Platform Project Manager; Pioneered initiatives which brought together Mac and PC users, and users spread across multiple business units. Championed and led local teams creating in-house helpdesk and problem-tracking systems. Managed AD schema changes to integrate Macs. Created tools for talent- management, reconciling music licensing and billing events. Initiator, integrator, and leader of Casper- Suite of Macintosh and mobile device management tools.
• Operations Strategist; Conceived, pitched, and staffed a standalone internal HelpDesk. Later, successfully rolled the breakaway back into central IT while retaining all staff. Forbes Magazine (1998)
Head of Macintosh Technology; Primary support for all publishing tools at Forbesʼ offices in NY. Responsible for automation tools, global OS build, inventory, purchasing standards, and installations.
• Project Manager, Global Remote Access; Pitched and implemented global dial-in remote access.
• Project Manager, Remedy Helpdesk; Oversaw programming of Remedy Helpdesk package. JPMorgan (1994-1997)
Senior Support Lead; Front line desktop support for 250+ Mac & PC users.
• Project Manager, Global Mac OS Build; Led a team on needs, specs, distribution and installation. Education
Studied Engineering, Computer Science, and Psychology at University of Maine in Orono.