JOHN MATHEWS ONGINJO
www.linkedin.com/in/john-mathews. POSITION APPLIED SAFETY OFFICER
Having 7+ years of total experienced as Safety Officer in Kenya & UAE.
Professionally qualified with NEBOSH (National Examination Board of Safety & Health) and IOSH. (managing safely)
Undergone several training programs related to safety.
Well-versed in MS Office applications.
Well versed with safety rules & regulations; and enforcement.
Experienced in Health & Safety Management in construction projects.
Incidents/Accidents investigation and control planning.
Have excellent communication skills in English & Hindi.
Have proven problem solving, coordination and analytical skills.
Can put in extra hours of work when called for.
CORE COMPENTECES AND SKILLS:
• Carry out post Incident/accident root cause analysis.
• Ability to maintain effective work relationships with people from all social backgrounds.
• implementation of health and safety management systems.
• Daily site inspections.
• knowledge of safe systems of work and local legislations.
HSE Officer: Granada Europe engineering & construction LLCs - 2018- present.
Safety Officer: Union cooperative society, Dubai 2012-2017
Safety Officer: Transguard Group LLC, Dubai, Feb. 2010 – November 2011
Accounts assistant: Dan court hotel Kenya limited, Jan 2008- Jan 2010
• Preparation of Daily inspection checklist, Weekly safety report, In-house training reports, Monthly safety statistics reports, Equipment inspection checklist, Fire extinguisher inspection checklist, Safety violation report, Accident-Incident report etc.
• carry out safety inspections of work areas and report any observed unsafe action or condition to the concerned engineer, foreman for corrective action
• to monitor implementation of company hse procedures and policy onsite
• Attending Preparatory meetings prior to start of any new feature of work and explaining the Hazard analysis / Safety precautions to be taken before or starting the work.
• Managed the Property Room for lost and found items and oversaw disposition of unclaimed items.
• Conducting Safety meeting and discussing with Security Senior Supervisor about necessary Safety precautions to be taken for the kind of works and ensure to reflect the same during the execution.
• discuss all the hazards involved in a job and its remedial mitigation measures with all concerned parties
• Evaluating site safety through “Weekly Evaluation Process”, conducting site inspection with site safety officer and making record of every hazard.
• Monitoring the implementation of safety rules and regulations for reducing and controlling Accidents, incidents in the site.
• Preparation of daily, weekly & monthly Safety reports.
• Inspection of PPEs, tools & equipments for Safety compliance prior to start of work.
• Preparation of Monthly Safety Audit & Safety Audit Checklists.
• Co ordination with all Supervisors for prevention of Hazards and Accidents and avoid delay of work.
• Insist to post different warnings and safety precaution at site.
• Introduction of incentive award program to emphasis the good and safe workers.
• Maintain good Housekeeping in every department with plan.
• Conduct safety measures and awareness to eliminate the loss of time Incident and Effort.
• Enforcing to prepare check list system for each of the equipment at site for sound / adequate and rapid identification of hazardous condition of the equipment.
• Work out safety plans for the operations.
• Carried out “job safety analysis” for selected jobs.
• Attended “stop” training programs of the company on the basis of “human at-risk behavior” & given stop cards to the committee for better improvement in safety.
• To control unsafe work practices.
• NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
• Diploma in offshore safety from bharat India.
• iosh certificate managing safely.
• Certificate in Safety Media.
• Certificate in Basic Fire Fighting.
• Certificate in Fire Awareness.
• Quick Books Certificate.
• Certificate in Computer Application.
• Certificate in Computerized Accounting.
• Certificate of fire safety level 2.
• certificate in Accident investigation and root cause analysis.
• ABE Diploma (Association of Business Executives), high grades college Mombasa.
• ABE certificate (Association of Business Executives), high grades college Mombasa.
• ACCA part 1 (Association of chartered certified accountants), Kenya college of accountancy.
• Completion of Binghatti labour camp project in Jebal ali.
• completion of Binghatti stars project in DSOA (Dubai silicon authority).
• Employee of the month at union cooperative society.
• Learning agility- quick learner.
• positive attitude towards work and able to create a positive environment.
• communication skills-
Microsoft Office Applications
Internet & E-mail.
Nationality : Kenyan.
Visa Status :own Visa.
Language Known : English, basic Urdu and Arabic.
Driving license (U.A.E) : 2074316