Mohammad Ismail Khan
Current Address: Doha, Qatar
Supply Chain & Logistics Management Professional
Result driven Senior Store Supervisor and Group Leader with more than 24 years of extensive experience of warehousing and inventory management in Steel Manufacturing industry. Adept in leading teams in challenging environments, while ensuring adherence to safety, quality and other internal control protocols. Hands-on experience of working on ERP Inventory solutions (Oracle). Core Area of Expertise
• End to End Warehouse Management • Extensive materials management knowledge
• Inventory control • Specialized Shipping & Receiving
• Quality & Quantity Inspections
• Team Building, Leadership & Multi Lingual
• Budgeting & Forecasting
Senior Store Supervisor
Qatar Steel Company June 1996 – April 2020
• Responsible for management of end to end warehouse operations like Receipt & Issuance, Inspections, Storing, monitoring and ensuring safeguard of all materials.
• Effectively lead a team of 12 individuals of varying seniority and job roles within the Procurement and Warehousing Department with inventory of around 60,000 items.
• Developed daily work programs, assigned duties and monitored assigned jobs of store keepers, Forklift operators and Helpers.
• Responsible to ensure provision of warehouse expenditures in Budget Submissions.
• Ensured appropriate storage and monitoring of sensitive, volatile, toxic material in line with manufacturer and company guidelines and strictest Safety Procedures.
• Supervised special packing and stacking of materials for transit and movement.
• Initiated and followed up on all repair work on returned material.
• Forecasted requirements for storage spaces and facilities and ensure timely availability of the same. Achievements
• Promoted twice for continuously performing satisfactorily and demonstrating leadership skills. 2
Certification / Training Institute Year
Safe Forklift Operation & Operator Certification TUV SUD Middle East LLC, Qatar 2016-19 Safe Handling of Compressed Gas Cylinders Buzwair, Qatar 2017 Gas Handling & Safety Training Buzwair, Qatar 2014 Crosby Lifting & Rigging Products Training Crosby Europe – Dutest Qatar 2010 Warehouse Operations Certification In-house training, Qatar Steel Company 2010 Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting (Includes First Aid) NAPT, Qatar 2006-08 Warehouse Management – Corporate Training KAVAQ, Qatar 2009 Slinging & Material Handling QASCO Training Center, Qatar 2000 Materials Management Studentship Certification Indian Institute of Materials Management 1989 Other Competencies
• Expertise in operating any type of Forklift, inside or outside the storage facility.
• Expertise in operating Very Narrow Aisle Machine (VNA) inside the warehouse.
• Good Knowledge of ERP Inventory Modules like Oracle and MIS reporting on Microsoft Office. Education
Course Institute Year
Diploma in Computer Application (DCA) Jamshedpur, India 1990 Graduate Diploma in Materials Management Indian Institute of Materials Management 1989 Bachelor of Commerce (B.com) Ranchi University, India 1984 Intermediate Ranchi University, India 1981
Date of Birth 18-10-1963
Language Proficiency English, Hindi, Urdu, Spoken Arabic Marital Status Married
Driving License Light Vehicle License issued in Qatar