Multicultural business development and communications expert, business and proposal writer with multi-million dollar project wins. One of 10 Hispanic entrepreneurs (and the only one in Florida) featured in "Latino Owned Businesses: Shining a Light on National Trends", a 2018 report on the impact of Hispanic entrepreneurship in the U.S., by Stanford University and the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
2011 – 2019 Founding Partner, CF Creative. Miami, Fort Lauderdale Area Former owner and managing partner at CF Creative, an award-winning content agency focusing on multicultural content and engaging minority audiences for Fortune 100-500s and international non-for-profits, in English and Spanish. Achievements:
• Awarded contracts with Microsoft, University of Miami, UHealth International, Stanford University, the United Nations Global Compact, Dole, The Royal House of Jordan, The Institute for Educational Leadership, Heinz and others
• Increased revenue 303% year over year, 2016-2018
• Named Minority Marketing and Communications Firm of the Year by the US Department of Commerce and the Minority Business Development Agency in 2017, nominated again in 2019
• Selected as one of 10 Hispanic-owned companies featured in “Latino Owned Businesses: Shining a Light on National Trends”, a 2018 report on the impact of Hispanic entrepreneurship in the U.S., by Stanford University and the Federal Reserve Bank of New York
2013 – 2015 Director of Bus. Development & CEO Communications, SDI International Corp. Miami/Fort Lauderdale Area
Developed and articulated the sales strategy for one of the largest Hispanic woman- owned procurement companies in the world. Led communications, translations, thought leadership, presentations, opportunity qualification, social media content creation and curation, and strategic brand positioning for the company’s CEO. Content specialties: procurement, minority business development, advocacy for minority- and women-owned entrepreneurship, supply chain, Hispanic business issues. 2010 – 2013 Director of Bus. Dev. & Communications, Latin America, N3. FL/GA/Costa Rica Led project and program management, solutions architecture and communications for N3, a Microsoft consulting partner. Purview: designing, strategizing and articulating the company’s culture, training material, demand generation, marketing, sales and channel development solutions. Achievements:
• Led cross-functional and multicultural teams in LATAM and the US; 70+ direct reports
• Designed, wrote and led the execution of lead generation programs for Microsoft and Citrix in EMEA, APAC and Latin America
• Designed a 3-year outsourcing solution that awarded the company a $16M contract with Microsoft
• Designed lead generation programs that captured over $2B in revenue for Microsoft partners, globally
2007 – 2010 Senior Account Manager, Microsoft. Miami/Fort Lauderdale Area Responsible for sales, marketing content and training strategies for Microsoft Hardware Retail Products, Office for Mac, and Miami- based distribution partners selling to Florida and Latin America. Chief liaison with corporate headquarters’ Business Planning unit, helping to debug and optimize the digital business planning system and content. Responsible for hardware product manufacture and forecasting. Achievements:
• Overachieved annual Office for Mac sales quota by ~US$3M and had a 301% year-over-year sales increase in HP Office sales in territory
• Created sales and marketing content for teams (12 direct reports) and channel partners, English and Spanish
• Trained the region's Partner Account Managers to create effective business plans for the company’s top clients in Latin America
• Designed and coordinated the training curriculum for Dell's call centers in Central America, considered a "Worldwide Best Practice" replicated in other regions 2005 – 2006 Hewlett Packard Account Manager, Cubix. Dominican Republic Led sales, business development and content creation for an HP distributor and partner in the Dominican Republic. Segmented the company's database to target markets by industry and designed/articulated sales strategies. Translated HP training and marketing content from English to Spanish, provided team-, customer- and partner-facing training on HP technology to boost brand awareness.
2002 – 2005 Hewlett Packard Enterprises Territory Manager. Caribbean In charge of sales and marketing for HP supplies and printing products in the Caribbean, based in Puerto Rico and the Dom. Republic. Translated US-based marketing and training material from English to Spanish, coordinated joint promotions, developed and trained distribution channels in HP technology, and increased HP sales in territories. 2001 – 2002 Director of Customer Services, iGlobalmedia. Dominican Republic Quality control, training, management and sales for a 24/7, multi-lingual e-gaming and e- commerce corporation responsible for Party Poker. Achievements: increased monthly sales from US$6M to US$9M. 88 direct reports.
2001 – 2001 Director, Customer Service and Sales Centers, American Airlines. Dom. Republic In charge of sales, quality assurance and training for AA's Call Center and 5 ticketing centers in the country. Oversaw 12 supervisors and 100+ sales reps. Achievements: kept call handling at 98% compliance; average monthly sales: US$1.3M. 1998 – 2001 Account Manager, Sales and Marketing, American Airlines. Dom. Republic Sales, marketing and advertising role included content creation, liaison with ad agencies in NY and the Dom. Republic, translations (Eng/Span), promotions and local brand development.
2017 Graduate, Scaling Business Ventures, Business Administration, Management and Operations. Stanford University Graduate School of Business, Palo Alto, CA 2006 Certification, Creative Writing, New School University. New York, NY 1996 Certification, Creative Writing, New School University. New York, NY 1998 BA, Liberal Arts, Universidad Iberoamericana. Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic Teaching & Speaking Opportunities
2020 Enterprising Women of Color Business Forum. Orlando, FL 2018 – 2020 People Magazine Poderosas Live business empowerment series. Miami, FL 2019 Broward County Supplier Diversity Day, Fort Lauderdale, FL 2018 IWEC Conference, Shanghai, China
2017 IWEC Conference (women’s global entrepreneurship), Microsoft Headquarters, Seattle, WA
2002 – 2003 Creative Writing Teacher, Casa Chavón (Affiliate of the Parsons School of Design), Dom. Republic
2017 Foreword, “Elefantes Amarillos”, best-selling poetry book by Zaida Castillo 2011 Author, "Undrawn" #1 best-selling novel, contemporary literary fiction, Amazon Native speaker, English and Spanish