University of California San Diego — BSc. Cognitive Science with a specialization in Machine Learning, Minor in Design & Computer Science (Sept. 2017 - Dec. 2020) Work Experiences
Corporate Strategy Intern Acenda Jan 2020 - April. 2020
• Conducted ecommerce marketplace industry, strategic, and competitive analysis
• Created work-flow business strategy plans and presentations
• Participated in project scoping and strategic planning with C-Suite
• Met with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to help document processes for long term strategic scoping Machine Learning Engineering Intern Qualcomm June 2019 – Sept 2019
• Developed machine learning models and Tableau visualizations to predict semiconductor chip failure during testing
• Conducted A/B testing using Bayesian Analysis to present insights to senior to iterate on testing procedures
• Created a custom tool that tracked data ingestion into data lakes and notified for data loss
• Utilized AWS tool kit to assist in creating a data lake for companywide machine learning research Software Engineering Intern Lyd Bottle June 2018 - Sept. 2018
• Integrated firebase (API platform) to front-end logic to build a database for customers.
• Created an Ecommerce platform by integrating Shopify’s API with the company’s website to take product orders.
• Created internal tools that allowed for easier communication between logistics and marketing UX Research Intern The Design Lab @ UC San Diego Sept. 2017 - Nov 2018
• Conducted user research for medical devices by interviewing diabetes patients and shadowing ER doctors.
• Led the design and prototyping of an AI assistant that displays diagnostic suggestions to doctors in the ER.
• Conducted Wizard of Oz Experiments on doctors to test prototypes and storyboarded product concepts.
• Created user profiles and personas of medical device stakeholders by aggregating interview and survey data. Projects
PillBuddy: Smart Pill Case IOT Device
• Set and executed a product roadmap to build an MVP of a pill case IOT device and mobile app on a team of 4.
• Conducted competitive analysis of pill management market and created product specifications and personas.
• Built front end of mobile Analytics feature and backend of IOT communication with React Native and Firebase. San Diego Road Safety Data Analysis
• Analyzed San Diego traffic data sets using Pandas to find trends in car accidents, injuries, and traffic volume.
• Created data visualizations correlating high traffic areas and injuries and presented findings to local officials. Go Fund me campaign success projector
• Built a machine learning model using historical GoFundMe data to predict likelihood of a campaign’s success. Leadership
President/Founder Pakistani Student Association March 2018-June 2019
• Set vision for the program, organized fund raisers, guest speaker events and partook in other campus wide philanthropies raising awareness for child labor and women’s rights in rural Pakistan VP External Relations Alpha Lambda Mu Fraternity UCSD Dec 2017 - Present
• Doubled fraternity size by leading members in philanthropy events and organizing recruitment week. Skills Related Courses
Faraz Noor Shaikh