Sandra Schoellnast, MBA
Hoboken, NJ ***** email@example.com
201-***-**** www.linkedin.com/in/sandraschoellnast CAREER SUMMARY
Experienced professional focused on leveraging extensive knowledge of public and private markets. Tremendous experience working with all levels of management, clients, portfolio managers, investors, and auditors. Leader, mentor, visionary, strategic, and conceptual thinker; able to generate new ideas, initiate, and manage change. Results driven; work judiciously and methodically to achieve and exceed company-mandated goals. Thrive on a challenge. Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills in a fast paced highly collaborative environment. Expertise includes:
● Real Estate ● Private Equity ● Hedge Funds ● Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
● Strategic Planning ● Client Relations Reporting ● Fund Monitoring/Planning ● Financial Statements
● Due Diligence ● Regulatory Compliance ● Project Management ● Financial Modeling
● System Migration ● Budget Analysis ● Performance Reporting ● Valuation PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
WAYPOINT RESIDENTIAL, Stamford, CT 04/2017 – 03/2019 Senior Associate
Analyzed and reviewed monthly, quarterly, and year-end GAAP Financials and consolidated work-papers for Development and Residential Real Estate Properties consisting of balance sheet, income statement, cash flow, schedule of partners’ capital, notes to the financials, and supporting schedules for preparation of partnership tax returns and k-1’s for various legal entities, external business partners, lending institutions, and investors.
• Participated in Yardi-Voyager conversion and rolling out investment accounting and construction management modules.
• Developed, implemented, and improved Development Real Estate Properties GAAP financial workpapers to streamline the workflow from manual to automation which reduced the work time from 5 days to 2 days.
• Automated the monthly construction loan draw funding request process which reduced work time by 50% while reducing errors and increasing accuracy.
• Assisted with the acquisition and disposition of Real Estate Investment Deals (Development, Multi-Family Residential, Student Housing, Senior Living, and Joint Venture) exceeding $500 million.
• Calculated promote and waterfall calculations on sale deals for real estate investment properties exceeding
• Calculated monthly investor distributions for residential and development real estate properties for over 500 investors within 10-15 deals via ACH, wire, and check.
• Prepared, maintained, and managed cash flow models for development and residential multi-family projects. DDG PARTNERS, New York, NY
Associate (Consulting) 06/2016 - 02/2017
Collaborated with the real estate acquisition and development teams to prepare monthly funding requests for equity investors and bank debt sources.
● Prepared and reviewed monthly and quarterly financial statements for real estate development property portfolios.
• Prepared and reviewed daily cash management and month-end account reconciliations for real estate property portfolios, exceeding $222 million.
CASTELLAN REAL ESTATE PARTNERS, New York, NY
Controller – Investor Relations, Finance, & Operations (Consulting) 04/2015 - 05/2015 Collaborated with the acquisition team to prepare financial modeling on acquisition and sale deals for real estate investment properties (Direct Real Estate Investments and 1031 Tax-Deferred Exchanges).
• Calculated promote/carried interest and waterfall calculations on four sale deals for real estate investment properties.
• Performed and reviewed quarterly investor reporting and sent out quarterly payments to investors in one day. BARCLAYS CAPITAL, New York, NY
AVP Product Control – Global Finance Governance and Control (Consulting) 11/2014 – 02/2015 Worked closely with line Product Control to coordinate and monitor globally consistent control standards for Barclays, across different business lines.
• Assisted in the ongoing assessment of the control environment via the performance of Conformance Testing in line with bank wide requirement and SOX to ensure quality and consistency in the reviews.
• Responsible for closing down 225 Dormant Books within one month in preparing for annual audit for the Fixed Income Credit Group.
GENERAL MOTORS ASSET MANAGEMENT, New York, NY 10/2004 – 12/2013 Portfolio Analyst
Reviewed quarterly & annual financial statements and tax returns for Partnership Real Estate Investment Funds exceeding $150 Million. Reviewed financial statements, including supporting schedules and footnotes on Defined Contribution Plans, Defined Benefit Plans, and US Hedge Funds. Managed corporate wide internal control improvement initiatives. Calculated and validated monthly and quarterly performance returns for REIT, Core, and Opportunistic real estate investment clients. Review calculation of management fees and performance fees.
• Led a staff of 5 on Annual Audits of 11 Investment Products Financial Statements (Large, Mid and Small Cap Equities, Emerging Markets, International Equities, High Quality and High Yield Bonds, Stable Value Fund, REITS, GTAA, and Money Market) with AUM of $20 Billion.
• Developed and implemented a database for Commingled Funds, Hedge Funds, Private Equity, and Real Estate Funds to house all pertinent Fund data necessary to document, monitor, and perform the leveling and categorization analysis for disclosures purposes.
• Developed, implemented and improved key SOX internal controls to improve the valuation and financial reporting processes of Alternative Investments (Private Equity, Real Estate, Hedge Funds, and Oil and Gas Assets) exceeding $10 Billion resulting in filing GM 10-K two weeks early.
• Automated the leveling of securities process to improve the reliability of financial reporting and effectiveness and efficiency of operations for the GM 10-K and plans.
• Managed all recordkeeping, marketing surveys, and administrative services for demanding 3rd party client for their defined contribution plan, defined benefit plan, and stock ownership plan with $8 Billion AUM. FIDELITY INVESTMENTS, Boston, MA 12/2000 – 10/2004 Senior Accounting Analyst
Ensured the accuracy and completion of 44 complex mutual funds (Select Funds – Gold, Natural Resources, Energy, Industrials, Technology, Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, Financial Services, Domestic & International Equities, and Fixed Income) for daily accounting processes to strike NAV using all applicable systems for reporting (Focus, Fact, NAVGen, AS400, View Direct, Livelink), which are reported daily to internal and external clients.
• Created new second-sourcing pricing procedures for reporting in conjunction with Price Waterhouse Coopers
(External Auditing Firm) that established consistent monthly reporting procedures reducing risk and preparation time from 4 hours to less than one hour per week.
• Participated in parallel testing for the first ETF Fund Launch and completed test validation for daily and monthly reports for ETF functionality.
• Developed and implemented Employee Month Award to improve employee morale.
• Implemented and coordinated classes on Professional Development.
• Participated in first Mentor/Protégé Program.
G.T. REILLY & COMPANY, C.P.A, Senior Staff Accountant, Milton, MA BNY Mellon, Senior Trust Specialist, Everett, MA
• Awarded Outstanding Team of the Year Award
Bentley University, Elkin B. McCallum Graduate School of Business, Waltham, MA Master of Business Administration in Finance, GPA: 3.51/4.00 Bentley University, Waltham, MA
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
• Treasurer of Greek Council Organization
• Member of the Soccer and Swim Team
• Historian for Alpha Phi Sorority
• MS Windows: XP,7,8,10
• MS Office Tools: Office Suite 2013, 2016, Project 2013, SharePoint 2013, Office 365
• Mobile Devices: iPhone, iPad, Laptops, Tablets
• Email: Outlook and Lotus Notes
• ERP: Experience with SAP R/3 MM Module
• Financial Tools: Yardi, Timberline, Bloomberg, Investran, eFront, Argus, Wall Street Office COMMUNITY SERVICE & ACTIVITIES
• Member of 100 Women in Finance
• Participated in Walk for Hunger and City Year
• Participated in J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge and Nike Run
• Participated in Falmouth Road Race in Falmouth, MA