Dawn A. Haskins-Powell
*** ********* **., ********, ** 43230 3534 Lake Bayshore Dr., Bradenton, FL 34205 614-***-**** email@example.com Linkedin.com/in/dawnhaskinspowell/ Marketing Manager / Director Go-to-Market Strategy & Campaign Execution Mid-senior level, MBA-degreed revenue marketing and growth leader focused on prospect acquisition, customer experience, and account-based marketing. Work with business and organization leaders to: 1) Align with goals and objectives for driving revenue and creating demand among audiences and customers, 2) Create messaging and direct precision-targeted go-to-market tactics and events to drive actionable behavior, and 3) Continuously test and measure outcomes and iterate campaigns to raise revenue growth and meet objectives. Expertise includes omni-channel development and orchestration, with hands-on direction and execution to:
• Develop buyer and customer journey maps, ideal customer profiles (ICPs), market segmentation, and focused personas
• Create highly efficient, cost-effective, and integrated content marketing, interactive websites, and engagement events
• Collaborate with stakeholders and partner to align campaigns to markets, solutions, competitors, and industry context
• Partner with sales, marketing communications, marketing automation, and media networks to maximize impact SUMMARY OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERTISE
• B2B, B2G, and B2C Product & Service Marketing and Launch; Campaign Strategy & Management
• Web Strategy & Design, Content & Navigation, Ecommerce, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Apps, Experiential Design
• Buyer Journey, Customer Journey, Customer Experience, Retention & Renewal Management, Onboarding, Cloud and SaaS
• Content Marketing, Content Development, Thought Leadership, Subject Matter Expert Content
• Advertising, Paid Media, Custom Sponsorships, Paid Social Media, Paid Search (PPC)
• Digital Marketing Automation; Customer Relationship Management; Demand Generation Campaigns
• Social Media, Public Relations, Media Relations, Analyst Relations, Investor Relations
• Digital Media Creation, Video & Motion Graphics Production, Interactive Apps & Content
• Events Management & Marketing, Conference & Tradeshow Exhibits, Symposiums & User Groups
• Virtual Events, Virtual Sales Meetings, Webinars, Webcasts, Social Media Events
• Ideation, Writing, Creative Direction; Editorial & Collateral Creation
• Strategic and Technology Partner Marketing, Alliance Partner Comarketing, Association Marketing
• Brand Management, Positioning & Messaging; Merger/Acquisition Branding & Communications
• Account-Based Marketing, Sales Development, Sales Enablement & Sales Tools, Regional Marketing, Business Development
• Team Management, Coaching, Mentoring, Professional Development INDUSTRY AND MARKET EXPERTISE
Business & Professional Services, Consulting Services, Financial Services
Education & Educational Technology, Publishing and Media
Information Technology (IT) and Software, Healthcare and Life Sciences
Retail and Commercial, Manufacturing and Distribution, Government & Public Sector, Utilities and Energy PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
LexisNexis, Dayton, OH September 2019 - Present
Serve as State & Local Government business marketing manager at LexisNexis Legal & Professional, a leading global provider of legal, regulatory and business information and analytics serving customers in more than 130 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide, as part of RELX.
Dawn A. Haskins-Powell firstname.lastname@example.org Page Two
• Strategize, create and execute omni-channel digital marketing strategies and customer experience tactics in a highly competitive market space, supporting business objectives to grow sales 5% YoY and drive 95% retention rates.
• Drive market visibility and demand generation via solutions positioning, sales enablement, pipeline acceleration and growth, converting prospects to customers, and ensuring customer renewal of solutions contracts.
• Collaborate with sales and business development executives to manage in-market events, create ongoing communications to ensure customer loyalty, and drive upselling, cross-selling, and follow-on sales in US markets.
• Analyze and assess market segments, create Ideal Customer Profiles and Persona definitions, and create thematic direct and retargeting campaigns reaching 25,000 decision makers and influencers across 1,000 strategic accounts. McGraw-Hill Education, Columbus, OH April 2013 – August 2019 Senior Marketing Manager
Created go-to-market strategies and campaigns for $750 million educational publishing and digital curriculum company serving 15,000 national and international school districts. Nominated and Awarded 2016 McGraw-Hill Education Marketer of the Year. Winner of McGraw-Hill Innovation quarterly award and annual Best Practices award. Consistently received “Exceeds Expectations” overall rating on annual performance reviews from 2014 – 2018. Promoted from Marketing Manager in 2015.
• Developed integrated marketing plans and execute go-to-market campaigns directly supporting school curriculum initiatives and products—driving qualified pipeline opportunities and increasing revenue and market share for $4B business. Develop and implement category campaigns including: K-12 Literacy, K-12 Math, Intervention/Special Education, Personalized Learning, Tiered Solutions.
• Created 25+ go-to-market campaigns for 15+ products and services lines, and 7 product categories, leading to company’s #2 market leader position and dominant share in special education, digital/print supplemental, and personalized learning markets.
• Directed series of digital and live events and webinars touching more than 50,000 target prospects, enter and nurture in sales pipeline, with 10%-15% closed/won rate by sales force.
• Created geo-targeted, audience-centric campaigns in California, Texas, and Florida directly contributing to major adoptions worth $500 million over the course of 5 years. KPMG LLP (Zanett Commercial Solutions Division), Columbus, OH 2012 – 2013 Director of Marketing Communications
Developed and executed business development and marketing plans, collaborating with business practice leaders and principal executives at $50 million software consulting practice to drive account-based opportunities and sales revenue in healthcare, health sciences, retail, public sector and utility markets for Oracle, Siemens, Microsoft, HP and IBM software applications.
Created and executed direct marketing and events marketing campaigns, collaborating with business practice leaders and principal executives, directly driving sales revenue for $50 million technology consulting markets including healthcare, health sciences, human resources, retail, public sector, and utility.
Directed account-based demand generation and pipeline nurture campaigns focused on 50 strategic lighthouse accounts, resulting in 30% won/closed impact, and directly contributing to $18 million attributed revenue. Developed and directed messaging, positioning and branding for application solutions including CRM, ERP, supply chain, business intelligence, business performance management, and managed services.
Created and executed 12 campaigns encompassing revenue marketing, webinars, websites, social media, and events to drive brand affinity, customer lifecycle marketing, and new customer acquisition. Owned websites and social media marketing and development; owned partner marketing relationship with Oracle and other software platform companies. ADDITIONAL RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
Vertiv Co. (formerly Emerson Network Power, Emerson Electric), Columbus, OH – Data Center, Information Technology, Manufacturing Marketing Communications Manager, Creative & Production Manager Infor, OH & Atlanta, GA – Software & Technology
Marketing Director, Partner Marketing Manager, Marketing Communications Manager Dawn A. Haskins-Powell email@example.com Page Three Zomax, Dublin, OH – Manufacturing, Software & Technology Corporate Marketing Manager
Ziff Davis Communications / Thomson Publishing, Cleveland, OH – Information Technology, Business & Professional Services Senior Writer & Marketing Communications Program Manager OpenText / Battelle, Dublin, OH – Research & Development, Software & Technology Marketing Communications Manager, Marketing Specialist OCLC, Dublin, OH – Information Technology, Business & Professional Services Marketing Research Specialist
American Electric Power (AEP), Columbus, OH – Financial Services, Credit Union Member Services Coordinator, Editor
Master of Business Administration (MBA): Specialization in Information Technology and Marketing, GPA: 3.4/4.0 University of Dayton, Dayton and Columbus, OH
Bachelor of Science (BS), Journalism; Minors in History and Education, Graduated Cum Laude, GPA: 3.8/4.0 Ohio University, EW Scripps School of Journalism, College of Communications, Public Relations, Athens, OH NOTABLE CAMPAIGNS
IBM Watson® – Collaborated with IBM to develop the partnership launch of Emerson Network Power and IBM Watson artificial intelligence solution (Vertiv/Emerson data center infrastructure equipment sustains and keeps Watson always-on)
Literacy is for Life™ – National campaign for McGraw-Hill geared at US school district administrators directly influencing $50 million reading program adoptions in Texas and $70 million in California
Oracle® Cloud and Big Data Solutions – Segment campaign focused on promoting KPMG consulting services to public sector and healthcare accounts, directly influencing $18 million in closed/won deals.
ALEKS® Pie – Directed campaign geared to grades 6-12 math program buyers (Serving up math proficiency one slice at a time, featuring ALEKS pie charts), directly influencing 43% of $1.24m closed deals in one quarter; and 41% of $7.9m in new opportunities. AWARDS & CERTIFICATIONS
Pragmatic Marketing® - Certified (Pragmatic Institute)
Public Relations Society of America Awards (Award of Excellence and PRism) - Campaigns won multiple awards in conjunction with submittals by marketing agency partners
Association of American Publishers, REVERE Awards – Finalist, Literacy is for Life (2017, $30-75k) and Number Worlds (2016, $30-75k)
Business Marketing Association – Certified Business Communicator (CBC)
Solutions Selling® - Certified (Sales Performance International)
Lean Six Sigma – Yellow, Green, Dark Green Belts MARTECH STACK & TECHNOLOGY EXPERTISE
Marketing automation, Sales automation & CRM – Salesforce, Oracle Eloqua, Marketo, Pardot, Exact Target, Oracle CRM, Silverpop, Savo
Web software and platforms – Workday, Jira, WebTrends, Hubspot, Sharepoint, SharedVue, SnapApp, Ion Interactive, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics
Webinar / Webcast software and platforms – Cisco Webex, Microsoft Live Meeting, GoToMeeting, ON24, INXPO
Creative applications - Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop)
Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access
Project management software - Microsoft Project, BaseCamp, SmartSheet, LucidChart, Robohead