* ***** *****, *** **, Edwardsville, IL, 62025
618-***-**** / firstname.lastname@example.org
To attain a position in a research laboratory and be a part of a team that contributes to the improvement of health and welfare of mankind.
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIUE) Edwardsville, IL Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Science August, 2019 GPA: 3.35
Acharya Nagarjuna University India
Bachelor of Pharmacy May 2016
SIUE Research – Cell Biology laboratory Spring 2018-May 2019
• Performed experiments with Somatostatin receptor 4 agonist as a potential target for amyloid Beta uptake by microglia (BV2 cell line) and Analyzed the uptake of Amyloid Beta peptide by Bv2 cells using flow cytometry, Fluorescent Microscopy and confocal microscopy
• Hypothesized the oxidative properties of SSTR4 agonist NNC 26-9100 and Designed protocols for experiments to study the former by transfecting the BV2 cells with Cyto GFP and Matrix GFP and measured the effect using Plate reader
• Conducted experiments on dose dependent inhibition of LPS induced nitrate synthesis using NNC-26- 9100
• Studied LPS induced oxidative stress in live Bv2 cells by staining them with cellrox and observed the effect using confocal microscope, processed the image in Adobe Photoshop and quantified the effect using flow cytometry.
Research and Teaching Assistant August 2017 –May2019 SIUE School of Pharmacy Edwardsville, IL
• Act as a standardized patient to allow Pharm-D students to practice taking vital signs, blood pressure measurement, etc.
• Tutor pharmacy students in a one-on-one sitting, on pharmacy rounds and skills lab, providing hands-on assistance and explanations to further each student’s overall understanding. LABORATORY SKILLS
• Flow cytometry Fluorescent microscopy Confocal Microscopy
• Cell culture-based techniques Plasmid amplification Enzyme-linked immune sorbent assay (ELISA)
• Light Microscopy GMP&GLP Staining processes
Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) Conducted data analysis of the experiments using SPSS, Graph pad Prism5 Proficient with Metamorph and Olympus software in microscopy PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Hospital Pharmacist January 2017-july 2017
Apollo Hospitals Visakhapatnam, India
• Undertook Pharmaceutical Assessment of prescriptions presented for dispensing and dispense the drugs to patients
• Provided drug information to health care professionals and participated in the departmental performance improvement meetings often.
• Maintained records pertaining to the drugs administered to the patient that can be used for evaluation of drug therapy
• Directed the patients about the dosage form, routes of administration, duration of drug therapy and advised them on common severe side effects and therapeutic contraindications that might occur. COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
• As an active member of National Service Scheme, I participated in Drug Awareness campaigns that helped me communicate with the elderly people and educate them about the prescription medications and the importance of getting their prescriptions filled time-to-time.
• Served as a team leader for the Drug Abuse campaign and educated the fellow students of the university about the dangers of using Marijuana and other recreational drugs.
• Volunteered in campaign for educating school going students on the harmful effects of Nicotine and E- cigarettes
• Pharmacy council of India
• American Society for Pharmacology and experimental Therapeutics