www.D-K-A.com M. 760-***-****
A/V SYSTEMS ENGINEER & PROJECT MANAGER
• >20 years of experience in AV design (& build) companies. Scope of work included all staff and project management, marketing, proposal writing, contracts, design, bid specifications, value-engineering as well as sales and install supervision of audio equip.
• >20 years of experience as leading AV system designer in the installed pro-sound markets.
• Particular appreciation of nuances between modern music, traditional music, and speech, as related to design & Eq. of audio/loudspeaker systems (via psycho-acoustics & music).
• Strong asset is ability to design AV systems appropriate for each specific application, commonly using innovative loudspeaker-array design techniques with proprietary & stock systems including line-array, co-axial, planar drivers and woofers with controlled directivity.
EXPERTISE AND EXPERIENCE
AUDIO-VISUAL SYSTEM DESIGN
• Principal designer for more than 300 custom Audio/Visual system installations for auditoria, churches, performing-arts centers, hotels, corporate board rooms and home theaters, varying in size & scope up to 760,000 sq. ft. campus & 10,500 seat auditorium. Much more on this
>20 years of design experience can be seen at www.D-K-A.com.
• Organization, promotion and technical direction of national loudspeaker workshop.
• Market research and product development for state-of-the-art pro. loudspeaker systems.
• Successful management of diverse projects involving extensive marketing, proposal writing, staff management, contract administration and audio installation supervision or check-out.
• Extensive experience with architects, contractors, churches, OEM & homeowners.
• Possess excellent written and verbal skills, works well in small team situations.
• Development and presentation of "Sound Images" training seminar materials.
LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEMS DESIGN/BUILD
• Early adopter of several loudspeaker array modeling programs for large venues.
• Experienced designer of shaded loudspeaker arrays and directional low-frequency boxes.
• Developed/modeled LF & polars/built/eval. new full-range end-fire proto-type for PA client.
• Developed new state-of-the-art loudspeakers with B&C, BMS, JBL, TAD and Tannoy co- axial drivers, also speaker systems with planar drivers from Akip, BG/Radia, FPS and HPV.
• Developed/built/eval./sold dozens of high-efficiency custom/proto-type loudspeakers.
• Developed/built/eval./sold new ultra-high-SPL 3kW AES subwoofer systems for pro-sound reinforcement (like PAC & large church) applications.
• Developed/built/eval./sold new LCR high-efficiency loudspeaker systems for HDSound. More on this innovative loudspeaker design work can be seen at www.HDSound.US.
• Comprehensive, knowledge of the subjective and objective attributes & price of AV gear. David Kennedy Page 2
References available upon request
COMPUTER-AIDED DESIGN AND ANALYSIS
• >20yrs. experience with electro-acoustic modeling (CADP2/Modeler/EASE), and CADD
(SketchUp, Visio and AudoDesk); also MS Windows applications such as Excel & Word.
• Experienced with software for control and measurement of loudspeaker systems including: Audio Control Iasys, BSS SoundWeb, WinDR, MediaMatrix, Smart and QSControl. ARCHITECTURAL ACOUSTICS DESIGN
• Extensive experience in calculation of reverberation time and echo studies (ray tracing).
• Classified twenty-seven types of acoustical treatment (for typical assembly space specs.).
• Calculations/Specification of building materials for interior acoustics and noise control.
• Research and design of analog and digital acoustic systems. WORK HISTORY
• Author of monthly Tech. Feature series on live-sound for FOH Magazine 2019
• A1 FOH on Midas Pro6 digital mixer for Bonita Valley Community Church 2019
• Acoustics/Audio Consultant, David Kennedy Associates, CA, 2001–current
• Applications Engr. for Anchor, HPV, FPS and Orbital (loudspeakers), 2005– 2015
• AV Design Team Leader, Michael Garrison Associates, CA, 1997 – June 2001, thereafter he continued to sub-consultant with them until late 2001.
• Acoustics/Audio Consultant/PM, Southeast Christian Church, KY, 1994 – 1997
• Acoustics/Audio Consultant/Director, David Kennedy Associates, CA, 1991–1994
• Acoustics/Audio Consultant, Paoletti Associates, San Francisco, CA, 1989 – 1991 EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
• Associate in Arts, Audio/Recording Arts, Lighting & Video, Golden West College courses: Audio Engineering, Electronics, Physics, Recording, Music & Woodshop
• Certified Factory Training: MediaMatrix, BSS Soundweb, IED & JBL workshops
• Brüel & Kjær seminars and continuous study in all areas of audio design work
• Synergetic Audio Concepts – Design, Advanced and Horns II workshops
• Acoustical Society of America (ASA) & Audio Engineering Society (AES)
• National Sound Contractors (NSCA) & Projector Shoot-outs - INFOCOMM LOUDSPEAKER PAPERS WRITTEN
• 6 Part article series on Array types and Immersive systems for FOH mag 2019
• 4 Part article series on Array and Sub Modeling Programs for FOH mag. 2019
• Loudspeaker Systems are the weakest link – for DK’s web sites & Blog 2009
• What are the best types of woofer box/enclosures? Does woofer size matter? Blog
• "Overview of planar-magnetic & ribbon drivers" on-line at the Planar Loudspeakers ‘08
• Review of Bose MA12 Line-Array Loudspeaker Church Production Magazine, Mar. ‘03
• Infrastructure for Worship Space Technical Systems Church Production Magazine, 2003
• “Stage Monitor Speakers – 1 Size Does Not Fit All” Church Production Magazine, 2002
• “An Overview of DSP for Live Sound” Church Production Magazine, Sept. 2002
• “Loudspeaker Manufacturers Debate Differing Design Philosophies” Pro Sound News
• “The Final Word on Loudspeaker Diaphragm Materials” Pro Sound News