RELOCATABLE Los Angeles, CA 217-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Champaign, IL Master of Science in Information Management with concentration in Data Science (GPA: 3.86/4.00) Aug 2017 - May 2019 Core Courses: Database, Data Mining, Data Visualization, Statistical Learning, Information Modeling, Information Consulting, Data Warehousing and BI
Jilin University, Jijin, China
Bachelor of Management in Information Management and Systems (GPA: 3.52/4.00) Sep 2013 - June 2017 Core Courses: Data Structure, Economic Statistics, Possibility and Statistics, Computer Network, Information Storage EXPERIENCE
Yonyou Software Co. Beijing, China
Data Engineer June 2018 – Sep 2018
• Extracted and transformed millions of weekly transaction data to metrics using SQL and Python, leverage statistical packages in Python and loaded data to visualization dashboards using PowerBI.
• Supported strategic planning by analyzing user’s behavior, developing dashboards in Tableau to show monthly revenue trends, and producing reports for Yonyou’s 30th Anniversary Summit.
• Decreased cost on new employee recruitment by building and implementing statistical machine learning models with R and provided recommendations to optimize the current reward system. Business Intelligence Group Champaign, IL
Data Analyst Feb 2018 – May 2018
• Conducted background investigation on the clothing retail industry, Gap Inc., and Gap’s competitors based on secondary data collection and internal documents.
• Surveyed, visualized, and analyzed customer preference data based with Power BI and produced a comprehensive report for the manager of Gap.
• Advanced potential to increase sales and market share by providing analysis and recommendations for Gap Inc. including two models of selling on Amazon.
China Resources Vanguard Beijing, China
Data Analyst May 2017 – Sep 2017
• Conduct the A/B test for shipping time in Northeast area, analyzed by using Python with Pandas, NumPy, and Matplotlib and compared experimental metrics with SQL.
• Extracted data from Oracle and used Excel pivot table to perform data analysis and built dashboards to provide crucial insights on user behavior and ways to improve user experience.
• Increased sales and transaction success rate by providing promotional strategies for dairy products that include coupon codes for certain products or target customers.
Lending Risk Prediction for China UnionPay Data Dec 2018 – Jan 2019
• Cleaned and modified more than two million rows of raw data provided by China UnionPay Data using SQL and R.
• Achieved Log-Loss of less than 0.45 when predicting lending risk based on users’ personal information and lending history in R with XGBoost model;
Analysis of Boston House Data with Machine Learning Algorithm Aug 2018 – Dec 2018 Project Team Leader
• Created data visualization with Python and JSON to explore the known classification and determined proper methodology for the customers.
• Preprocessed and analyzed housing data with R and built Random Forest and Lasso models to predict housing prices.
• Compared the models’ prediction results and tuned the estimated parameters to decrease the RMSE to 0.1158. SKILLS
• Tools & Techniques: Tableau, Power BI, Jupyter Notebook, Excel, Hadoop, MySQL, Oracle, Weka