MIRZA ASIF ALI KHOYEE Page *
Mirza Asif Ali Khoyee, CIPP™
Mobile: +974-****-****, 7001 6605
Location: Doha, Qatar.
A seasoned procurement professional with over twenty-five years’ experience in the field of Procurement, a consistent performer with a strong track record, positive attitude, with ability to handle assignments under high pressure.
I consider myself to be both highly personable and adaptable with a great ability to identify and resolve strategic and tactical challenges. I lead as a committed ‘team player’ and collaborator. I’m enthusiastic about the disciplines of ‘value for money’ and ‘continuous improvement’, I adhere to industry best practices and develop beneficial, long term solutions to fulfil business process enhancements.
• Over 25 years of experience in the Field of Procurement/Commercial and Contract Management in the Middle East.
• 8 years of experience in Oracle Applications.
• Proficient in preparing Management Reports.
• Actively involved in Oracle / Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implantation and Purchase and Order Management Modules of Oracle 11i e-business suits and a member of the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) team.
• Experienced in Tejari world-class Business to Business (B2B) Marketplace in sale of goods and services online.
• Possess strong commitment to the team environment dynamics with the ability to contribute expertise and follow leadership directives at appropriate times.
• As a professional, I strongly believe in, and practice honesty and fairness, which is key in this profession.
MIRZA ASIF ALI KHOYEE Page 2
Education & Qualification
• Bachelor of Commerce from Andhra University, Andhra Pradesh, INDIA.
• Specialisation in Advance Accountancy, Management Accountancy, Cost Accountancy and Auditing.
Certified International Procurement Professional from the International Academy of Project Management / LEORON Group - Live, Advanced Training Program. Performance Indicators
• Systematize for results, attention to detail, initiative and commitment.
• Practice effective communication, interpersonal ability and team work.
• Respecting others’ points of view through engagement and interest. Professional Abilities
• Good working knowledge of Excel Spread sheets and Discoverer 4i Viewer.
• Absorbing, sharing, and understanding the information presented. Employment History
The Maintainers W.L.L. (Redco AL Mana Group) Doha, Qatar. Position: Head of Procurement - Centralized Procurement Department Duration: March 2017 till date - 2 years and 9 months Job Dimensions: Reporting directly to the Group Commercial Director, responsible for all procurement and supply chain activities, delivering specialist procurement advice, commercial support and solution development ensuring excellent procurement practice. Ensuring efficient and cost-effective procurement for the organization, within the company's procurement strategy and contractual agreements, in order to realize a best value procurement environment, reduce costs and safeguard the company's interests. Core Objectives
• Cost savings against percentage targets
• Agreed company terms and conditions
• Smooth, transparent and auditable procurement processes and administration
• Contracts compliant with safety, quality and environmental management procedures MIRZA ASIF ALI KHOYEE Page 3
Manage a team of procurement professionals, implement and maintain standard procurement policies and procedures fit for current and future compliance. As well as contributing to strategic deliverables, and actively promoting continuous improvement within the business, I also manage internal and external stakeholder expectation delivering outstanding customer satisfaction whilst ensuring commercial risk at an acceptable level. Strategy Formulation
Contribute to the formulation and implementation of the departmental strategy and plans in order to achieve set goals and objectives.
Policies and Procedures
Ensure the development, implementation and improvement of Procurement policies, procedures and processes to ensure that all relevant company's operational and legislative policy / procedural requirements are fulfilled.
Coordinate and supervise activities in the procurement team, considering applicable guidelines and procedures concerning quality, timelines and development of staff. Relationship Management
Establish effective working relationships with other departments, subsidiaries, associates, external auditors and other third parties.
Manage the selection of suppliers (long list / short list), co-ordinate negotiations and establish best value Service Level Agreements (SLAs), in order to deliver procurement services in cost, service agreements and quality.
Oversee the management of procurement contracts in line with operational commitments, including budgets and quality of work, in order to ensure activities performed conform with the company's needs and contractual agreements.
MIRZA ASIF ALI KHOYEE Page 4
Analyze procurement spend, ensure all purchasing is executed in accordance with the procurement policies and procedures and operational excellence standards, in order to maximize cost efficiency, support and further enhance operational excellence of the company. Knowledge Development
Keep up to date with relevant developments in the field of procurement, define knowledge gaps and ensure the development and exchange of knowledge among professionals within the department and with relevant stakeholders.
The Maintainers W.L.L. (Redco AL Mana Group) Doha, Qatar. Position: Commercial Manager
Duration: January 2014 – March 2017 - 3 years and 3 months Job Dimensions: Oversee company needs, manage company associations and recognize business opportunities. Communicate and negotiate with clients and business associates. Work to expand strategically, preserve or improve the company’s procedures, standards and policies while sticking to business edicts and regulatory guidelines. Handle the client accounts, corporate relationships, manage and approve commercial agreements and documentation. Manage and report on contractual aspects with contractors and suppliers, acting as the lead for commercial and contract matters, resolving contractual and commercial problems. The Maintainers W.L.L. (Redco AL Mana Group) Doha, Qatar. Position: Procurement Manager
Duration: May 2011 – Dec 2013 - 2 yrs. 8 mos.
Job Dimensions: Manage the Centralized Procurement team and lead negotiation sessions with suppliers. Ensure that the Purchasing system is optimized and integrated properly with back and in front applications, interact with other departments to set out the internal process and relationship. Establish, update and follow up the action plan of the purchasing department. Prepare the purchase control system and monitoring function, develop a positive professional work environment that encourages teamwork.
Monitor the purchase of materials and services requested. Establish relations with suppliers and develop and maintain healthy relationships with vendors. MIRZA ASIF ALI KHOYEE Page 5
Avail credit facilities by reducing cash purchases and implementing comprehensive internal controls thus improving the Procurement and Inventory Management procedures and functionality.
• Manage key functions of Procurement and Inventory Management and monitor the activity.
• Handle purchase requests received from the concerned departments, assign tasks to the purchasing team to contact a range of suppliers to obtain quotations, agree delivery time and place commitment based on price, quality and according to the requestor demands.
• Process Purchase Orders for the purchase and replenishment of supplies/ equipment/materials/goods. Manage and participate in the preparation, negotiation, processing and administration of Purchase Orders for goods and services.
• Working closely with Project Managers and finalizing the Subcontractor Agreements for the specialized services. Discovering areas that are not keeping with regulations and practices, offering direction and instruction. Reviewing, scrutinizing and ensuring that the financial aspects and impact of a contract are clear to all parties. Risk assessment, ensuring that all stakeholders, such as operations and finance understand and adhere to contractual obligations; reflecting them accurately.
• Reviewing the accuracy of records, Purchase Orders and related supporting documents, ensuring timely and proper supply of goods and services requested by operations and other departments Supervise the Materials Purchased and the staff engaged in these functions.
• Develop supplier profiles and database as per the Item categories, reviewing the accuracy of records, ensuring effective implementation. In addition, I have contributed to the information system of our company by suggesting various reports during and after the implementation of Oracle application system in our group of companies, like reordering, track of aging stock and other reports for the management decision in the fields of purchase, Inventory, sales and Collections.
Ambit of work:
• Responsible for structuring and negotiating supply agreements and managing supplier relations Establish Price Agreement for office consumables.
• Design and implement structured policies and procedures bringing the function in line with best practice of General procurement techniques and reporting.
• Makes routine decisions that may affect the area or department. Seeks advice from and provides input to senior management in addressing higher level and non-routine issues.
• Develop and organize ERP procedures and its functionality through coordination with the IT department and other departments.
• Develop an effective Inventory control system for stock Items and central receiving. MIRZA ASIF ALI KHOYEE Page 6
Nakheel PJSC – Procurement and Inventory Department Procurements, Contracts and Concessions – Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Position: Manager General Procurement
Duration: 2007 to January 2011 – 3 years 8 months
Job Dimensions: Manage the Centralized General Procurement team and leads negotiation sessions with suppliers. Ensure that the Purchasing system is optimized and integrated properly with back and in front applications, interact with the other Nakheel BU’s and departments to set out the internal process and relationship, establish, update and follow up the action plan. Establish, update and follow up the action plan of the purchasing section. Prepare the purchase control system and monitoring function and Develop a positive professional work environment that encourages teamwork.
Monitor the purchase of materials and services requested by Nakheel BU’s and departments. Establish relations with suppliers, develop and maintain healthy relationships with vendors, avail credit facilities by reducing cash purchases, ensuring comprehensive internal controls and to improve the General Purchase and Inventory Management Procedures and Functionality. Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
• Manage key functions of Procurement and Inventory Management and monitor the activity.
• Handle purchase requests received from Nakheel BU’s and departments, assign tasks to the purchasing team to contact a range of suppliers to obtain quotations, agree delivery time and place commitment based on price, quality and according to requestor demand, company policy.
• Process Purchase Orders for the purchase and replenishment of supplies/ equipments/material/goods, Manage and participate in the preparation, negotiation, processing and administration of Purchase Orders for goods and services.
• Reviewing the accuracy of records, Purchase Orders and related supporting documents and Ensure timely and proper supply of goods and services requested by Nakheel BU’s & departments Supervise the Materials Purchased and the staff engaged in these functions.
• Develop supplier profile and data base as per the Item categories, reviewing the accuracy of records, Purchase Orders and related supporting documents, Ensure effective implementation.
MIRZA ASIF ALI KHOYEE Page 7
Juma Al Majid Est. (Juma Al Majid Group of Companies) – Dubai, U.A.E. Position: Purchase Consultant
Duration: 1997 to 2007 – 10 years
Job Description: Job involves of Re-ordering, stock tracing, price negotiations, liaison, analyzing the product, checking and quality comparison and providing feedback for product-mix decisions for Purchase of Office Furniture items from Germany, France, Japan, Malaysia, Korea and Other Far East manufacturers as well as local companies. Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
• Keeping track on stock position, forecasting and pricing. Coordinating with the Warehousing Department for any discrepancies for the goods received and for the replacement. Settling payment for the local vendors. Purchase Formalities and maintaining the Supplier information track or supplier codes, purchase terms and conditions.
• Assigning Purchase and Inventory categories for the Office Furniture Items based on the type and size.
• Coordinating with the Project team in tenders, quoting and suggesting them with appropriate products and as well as with sales team of all our branches across the UAE and preparing Monthly Sales Performance Reports.
• In addition, I have contributed to the information system of our company by suggesting various reports during and after the implementation of Oracle application system in our group of companies, like reordering, track of aging stock and other reports for the management decision in the fields of purchase, Inventory, sales and Collections. Devi Sea Foods Ltd. – Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, INDIA Position: Purchase In charge
Duration: 1995 to 1997 - 2 years
Job Description: Job involves estimating and forecasting the Purchase requirement and checking the quality and Execution routine purchases.
• Keeping track of receipt and issue of material through inventory control
• Fixation of Min. – Max planning and reordering levels of Purchase requisitions and Purchase Orders and checking on standing Order quantities, Follow-up of purchase orders. MIRZA ASIF ALI KHOYEE Page 8
Mawarid Services Ltd. (Mawarid Group of Companies) – Medina, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Position: Accountant
Duration: 1992 to 1995 – 3 years
Job Description: My Job involved preparing financial statements, forecasting cash flow account payables, Profit and Loss accounts and Balance Sheet. Recommendations available in www.linkedin.com [Online] http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=48720423
Procurement Nakheel PJSC, Dubai World
“Mirza is skilled in his field and has the attention to details which is essential to his role. Works as part of the team and supports his subordinates. Wish him all the best his career.” September 24, 2010
Roula Sabouni, Administration Manager, Nakheel managed Mirza Asif Ali indirectly at Nakheel PJSC, Dubai World
“I’ve known Mirza for more than two years. He is very hard working and is always ready to help and support his team and colleagues. Mirza has a very nice attitude towards his work and his co-workers. His interpersonal and communication skills have also allowed him to develop productive working relationships. I wish him all the best in his career.” July 12, 2010 Asha Varghese, HR Executive, Nakheel Worked directly with Mirza Asif Ali at Nakheel PJSC, Dubai World
“Asif (I more affectionately call him Asif Bhaiya) is a sober, mild mannered and a focused person. He concentrates on a Job with all attention, has an eagles’ eye for details, he makes a good friend and often extends all necessary help to friends and colleges in times of need.” July 9, 2010
Syed Shawket Hussain Madani, Deputy Director – Promotions, Information Technology and Communications Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh was with another company when working with Mirza Asif Ali at Nakheel PJSC, Dubai World
“Asif is thorough, diligent and thoughtful in his work as well as in his dealings with colleagues. He is always very positive and brings fresh perspective and insight to any new project. I have MIRZA ASIF ALI KHOYEE Page 9
enjoyed working with Asif on a personal level as well. He would be a great asset to any organization.” July 7, 2010
Das Menon, Programmer/Analyst, International Operations Company, Saudi Arabia worked with Mirza Asif Ali at Nakheel PJSC, Dubai World Ram mohan, Student, Andhra University, Studied with Mirza Asif Ali at Andhra University
“Mr. Asif is very talented and smart in handling his assignments and he is very experienced in his field of work” January 8, 2011
Groups and Associations:
• Building Commerce: Connecting Facilities, Service Vendors, Construction
• Buyers-World EUROPE - NORTH AMERICA - SOUTH AMERICA - MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA - ASIA & PACIFIC RIM
• Contract and Commercial Management
• Contracts and Procurement Professionals
• Contracts, Procurement, Commodity, Subcontracts, & Purchasing Jobs
• Cost Reduction Strategies
• Dubai Recruitment