Creative individual with a passion for pastry, actively seeking employment as Pastry Chef in a dynamic kitchen. key skills :
• Basic pastry, puff pastry, traditional desserts, cakes & mousses.
• Menu planning and presentation, plated desserts.
• Classical and contemporary techniques, decoration.
• Ice creams, sorbets, granitas, parfaits & gelato.
• Moulded chocolates and truffles.
• Variations on restaurant desserts & patisserie.
• Savoury and sweet petits fours.
• Caramel and nougatine, croquembouche, candies & jellies.
• Chocolate tempering & decorations.
• Basic show pieces (chocolate, sugar and celebration cakes).
• Pulled sugar flowers and ribbons, blown sugar spheres and fruits, centrepiece.
• Expertise in concept of Afternoon High Tea, curated guest event at Le Cordon Bleu - London as well as at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa - Andamans.
• Complex entremets - planning & execution.
• Well-versed in the field of design.
• Research, analysis & systems design.
• Strong interpersonal skills; team-player/leader.
• Good communication skills; fluent in English & Hindi.
• Flexible & versatile.
• Motivated; passionate about pastry & flavours.
• Strong conceptual skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Creative & out-of-the-box thinking.
• Diplome de Patisserie 26th June 2015
Le Cordon Bleu, London
• Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering 3rd October 2014 Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) education :
• Diplome de Patisserie - Pastry Chef - 26 June 2015 Le Cordon Bleu, London, UK
• Graduate Diploma Programme in Design - Furniture & Interior Design - 2005 National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad, India
• All India Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (CBSE) - 5 subjects including English - 2000 The Mother’s International School, New Delhi, India Gayathri Sivasankaran
B-102, Salarpuria Silverwoods, Nagavarpalya, C V Raman Nagar PO, Bangalore - 560093 work experience :
• Pastry Chef - Self employed 1 June 2018 - present GOYA by Gayathri Sivasankaran - Patissier & Chocolatier
- setting up my brand, taking orders & catering to pop-up events etc.; while actively seeking a position in a commercial kitchen.
• Junior Sous Chef - Pastry Chef 21 September 2017 - 1 April 2018 Taj Exotica Resort & Spa - Andamans, India
- head of section; set up and conceptualised Pastry department along with the Executive Chef; planned and created menus, recipes and presentation.
• Demi Chef de Partie - Pastry 22 November 2016 - January 2017 Aubaine Restaurants - Chalhoub Group, Dubai
• Pastry Development Consultant - Operations 25 July 2016 - 20 September 2016 Hotbrands International/Sonia Company LLC, Dubai
• Commis 1 - Pastry November 2015 - January 2016
The Bombay Canteen, Mumbai
• Pastry Intern - experience working as Commis Chef July 2015 - August 2015 Social Eating House / Pollen Street Social, London
• Pastry Student - learning in a professional kitchen as per industry standards September 2014 - June 2015 Le Cordon Bleu, London
• Baker/ Caterer December 2011 - May 2014
“Curious Baker”, Bangalore, India
- catering service for large-scale & individual orders; for petit fours, desserts, and celebration cakes.
• Furniture & Interior Designer / Creative Director August 2005 - August 2014 Mumbai / Bangalore, India
- Work experience in the field of design, of over 10 years. The highlights :
- Head of Design Studio - in charge of design, production & showcasing of furniture collections; won the Elle Decor (India) Award for Furniture in 2009.
- Creative Director - Responsible for the set-up of multiple furniture stores across India, and product training for the teams.
other interests :
• travel • food & cooking • music • photography • reading/books • films • Last CTC at Taj Hotels : Rs. 6 lakhs p.a Expected CTC : Rs. 6-8 lakhs (depending on package) Notice period: 1 month