Jing Tong Hu
323-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org Los Angeles-Orange, CA
Summary 8 yrs Aerospace/Military electronic housing, part design & qualification; 6 yrs automotive part design and manufacturing.
- Project Engineer, Phillips Industries. (06/13--) [AutoCad, Inventor, minitab, etc]
* Developed new products per industrial standards from concept to production launch in APQP format. Designs include elec.box with injection molded housing, harnesses, sheet-metal, metal casting.
* Proposed customization and cost-effective alternation to OEM customers to minimize NRC and inventory, or shorten lead time.
* Proactively addressed potential design and production failures thru Production Part Approval Process
* Troubleshoot product defects by hand-on, data analysis, testing, etc. Led suppliers in defect investigation to save shipments of products. Used SPC data to calculate capability index (Cpk) in minitab.
* Designed production jigs, introduced advance tools to improve product quality and reduce cycle time up to 80%.
* Laid out process flow; set up OSHA complied production line with cross functional team.
* Uncovered low-performance equipment to save $13k on tool purchase with DMAIC methodologies. Applied lean principles in Kaizen activities.
* Reviewed & reported chemical composition of materials to International Material Data System (IMDS).
- Mechanical Engineer, Marvin Test Solution (06/05-04/08, 01/09-06/13) [ProE, C programming]
* Designed stationary & moving electronic devices to meet AS/MIL standard. Designs include chassis for PCB arrays, spring loaded adaptor that costs 50% of brand-name original, harness housing, sheet- metal, plastic, optic housing.
* Planned, coordinated & reported various Qualification tests per MIL-STD-810 & other testing stds.
* Developed Manufacturing Assembly Instruction, Quality Control Instruction based on IPC-A-610/620
* Conducted thermal and stress analysis, corrosion prevention and maintainability analysis; assisted lead engineer to conduct life-cycle-cost analysis.
- Design Engineer, Adel Wiggins Group (04/08-01/09) [SolidWorks, Cosmos Design STAR FEA]
* Developed elastomer components and innovative light weight composite parts to replace traditional metal aircraft components
* Created technical proposals & TSO application package that can earn the company sizable business
* Performed Finite Element Analysis of assemblies under multiple loads
- Building Sys. Consultants, Simon S. Wong & Associate, Inc (09/04-06/05) Commercial HVAC design Education
BS Mechanical Engineering, June 2004 GPA 3.5 University of California, San Diego Six Sigma, Green Belt, June 2011 California State University, Fullerton Product Desg & Tooling for Inject.Molding, April 2013 Cal. State U. Pomona