Chicago, IL +1-224-***-****
email@example.com linkedin.com/in/varsha-vijayan-2227b114a github.com/VarshaVijayan01 SUMMARY
• Graduate student in Management Information Systems at Illinois Institute of Technology
• Experience in developing SQL Queries in Oracle and MySQL.
• Knowledge of advance excel skills like conditional formatting, pivot reporting, VLOOKUP, formulas.
• Knowledge of statistical tools like R to perform descriptive/predictive analysis.
• Knowledge of Visualization tools like Tableau.
• Believe in my ability to participate in analytical, problem solving and organizational skills in support of business objectives.
• Strong Communication (written and verbal) is paramount, flexibility to wear “different” hats as part of a dynamic service team, inter-personal skills, presentation and reporting abilities. EDUCATION
Master of Information Technology and Management: Expected Graduation: May 2019 Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago GPA: 3.66/4.0 Bachelor of Business Administration Graduation: June 2016 Birla Institute of Technology GPA: 3.99/4.0
Business Management Intern at Gulf Engineering and Hydraulic Services, Oman. (June – August 2016)
• Dealt with customers face to face and over phone, leading to finalizing contracts and purchases.
• Dealt with checking the availability of stocks, made purchase orders when items were out of stock to send to the vendors and made sales orders based on the requirements of the customers.
• Worked with the finance department of the company by checking if payments for all the transactions in the company were made.
Data Analyst Intern at Sage Group.inc Schaumburg, IL. (September -December 2018)
• Understanding the market research, Point of Sales, RetailLink, Nielsen and IRI data. TECHNICAL PROFICIENCY
• Data Mining Tools : R
• Database : MySQL, Oracle SQL Developer, Microsoft SQL Server
• Visualization : Tableau
• Microsoft Tools : MS Office, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Access
• ETL : Pentaho, SSIS
Problem Solving Analysis R Tools: RStudio
• Credit Risk Analysis Project on the Dataset "Give Me Some Credit" from Kaggle, to predict the customers who will face a financial distress in the next two years.
• The raw data was cleaned by dealing with the missing values and outliers.
• Models like logistic regression, naïve bayes, Knn, decision tree and Random Forest were built to evaluate its accuracy and to see which models gives the best results
Database design and development Oracle SQL, Microsoft Visual Studio
• Designed and developed a database application for a retail business.
• As per the client requirements, a conceptual and logical model of the database schema was developed CERTIFICATIONS
• Data Science A-ZTM: Real-Life Data Science Exercises Included" (Udemy)
• Tableau 10 A-Z : Hands-On Tableau Training For Data Science! (Udemy) ACHIEVEMENTS
• ‘WCAS Merit Scholarship’ for my undergraduate course based on my academic excellence.
• Topper in English by scoring 95% in 12th grade.
• Participated and won prizes for quiz competitions.
• Won many dance competitions and did a lot of performances for various renowned shows.