Robotics & Automation Engineer
Industrial Automation & Robotics
Sales & Networking
Strategic Planning & Leadership
Communication & Negotiation
Customer Support Management
Seasoned industry professional with 5+ years of insightful global engineering experience in Industrial Automation from efficiently handling different spectrum's of functions from engineering management & work stages, business development/expansion, sales networking & strategy development, business management and customer support. Recently graduated Masters in Automation, Control & Robotics. Experience
Jan 2017 -
Walkers Snack Food Ltd, United Kingdom
As a 3 month internship in research & development department, I was working on the Lean Six Sigma Waste Productivity Saving Project. It was an automation based project which focused on the root causes of packaging machine- waste losses. The project, after completion reduced waste by 26.5% as a result of implementing a combination of mechanical and procedural changes. The main duties where
• Study of overall packaging process
• Collecting overall packaging data and issues related
• Find root causes of waste and breakage
• Research latest technology used for pick and place/ gripper system and solutions
• Study, research and implement on new design models
• Testing and implementation of the research methodology Jun 2013 -
Assistant Engineer Manager
Rockwell Automation, India
• Led a team of 12+ veteran engineers along with the Engineering Manager.
• Identify & filter incoming repair jobs of Rockwell Automation & third party customers.
• Assign jobs to engineers based on job category and expertise.
• Provide/Approve engineering quote for commercial department.
• Monitor and assess engineer performance.
• Monitor and control the flow of jobs within the repair workshop.
• Offer technical advice/suggestions to engineers. Make final decisions in cases of Warranty, Non-repairable & Beyond Economical Repair jobs.
• Meet daily & monthly workshop production targets.
• Deal with routine customer repair and maintenance enquiries.
• Maintain and update customer jobs on Job Management System/CRM.
• Resource planning (materials/ replacement spare/components) with purchase dept.
• Periodic check and verification of price and quantity of stock available.
• Authorize engineering timesheets.
• Preparing daily production report.
Feb 2010 -
Business Development Officer
Rockwell Automation, India
• Manage/Develop key customer accounts and provide automation solutions.
• Define & detect sales action plans/business prospects along with the sales head.
• Maintain client inventory and propose energy utilization.
• Lead, negotiate and finalize sales proposals/deals.
• Develop and implement strategy for expansion plans and improvement plans. Tracking market/competitor trends to keep abreast the changing client requirements and apprising the sales manager
Align the customer support maintenance team in all commercial and service related activities.
• Engage distributors and integrators across the region.
• Coordination with worldwide branches, internal partners and departments.
• Digital marketing & strategic brand development
• Create and implement marketing ideas.
• Forecasting Annual, Quarterly and Monthly Business Performance. Sep 2008 -
Dubai Engineering, UAE
Proactive business development within the GCC countries and increase business share.
Motors & Encoders
• Drive sales & marketing initiatives.
• Revamp branding & customer coverage by producing marketing collateral's.
• Generating leads and enquires.
• Plan and arrange site visits to customer location.
• Creating quotes and finalizing deals.
• Monitored post order process and coordinated equipment delivery & commissioning. Aug 2007 -
Customer Service Executive
Allsec Technologies, India
Jan 2015 -
Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom
MSc Automation, Control & Robotics
INTERESTED MODULES: Industrial Automation, Robotics, Advanced Control Methods, Applicable Artificial Intelligence, Computer Networks & Sustainability, Engineering Management.
PROJECT & DISSERTATION: Integrating an AGV (mobile robot-Robotino) with the fluid processing workstation whilst developing an idea for pick and place action. A comparative study of different techniques of path planning methods and different sensors which could be used to tackle the problems faced was a major contribution to the completion of this project. In this project for multiple robot navigation proposals, simulation software MATLAB was also used.
Apr 2003 -
Anna University, Chennai, India
BE Electronics & Instrumentation
• 1 month industrial training in PLC, SCADA & DCS from Honeywell.
• Certification in AutoCAD.
• International Conference on Mechanical & Industrial Engg (ICMIE-2012), India.
• International Conference on Manufacturing Science and Tech in 2012, India.
• A 2 day workshop on “LABVIEW and MULTISIM” conducted by National Instruments, sponsored by Technical Education Quality Improvement Program ‘TEQIP’, an initiative of the government of India.
Sheffield Hallam University
• Member of Conversation Club: (Communication skills, Teamwork skills)
• Member of International Careers & Employability Enhancement (ICE) Club
• Course Representative: (Leadership skills, Problem solving skills)
• Participant of Career Mentoring Scheme: (Industry awareness, Networking skills) References
Will be available on request