Lenina O U Chi-Ukpai
Decatur Ga, 30034
Phone # 770-***-****
Objective: To obtain employment as a professional Nurse Practitioner in the Healthcare Organization where my professional experience and education will be applied to achieve and accomplish its overall Goals and objective.
Strong Analytical and quantitative skills.
Exceptional focus, efficiency and productivity, good organization and project management skills.
Excellent team relationship management skills.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
High integrity, dynamic, and proactive.
Great customer care disposition, team oriented, and high integrity.
Certifications, Licensure and Credentials
Georgia Professional Nursing License Specializing as Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner certified through the American Academy of Nurse Practitioner. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support
Masters of Science in Nursing (AGPCNP): Walden University: August 2015 to November 2017
Bachelor of Science in Nursing Administration: Imo State University, Nigeria: October 1999 – March 2002
School of Intensive Care Nursing Jos Plateau state Nigeria: Jan 1996 – November 1996
RM: School of Midwifery, Abiriba, Abia State, Nigeria: March 1990 – March 1991
RN: School of Nursing, Abia State University Teaching Hospital, Aba, Nigeria: October 1986 – Nov.1989
Washington State Prison, Davisboro Ga. Jan 2019 to Date
Emanuel Women Facility (Prison), Swainsboro Ga. Sept 2018 to Dec 2018
Perform daily sick call and manage chronic care conditions
Performs routine comprehensive physical exams of patients to determine control or status of chronic conditions & diagnose new conditions, documenting all assessments & diagnostic impressions, as well as any other treatment plans & follow-up parameters
Evaluates patients for the need of specialty referral consultations inside or outside the institution and reviews said consult reports for the recommendations, approving or disapproving accordingly
Orders and reviews laboratory results, x-ray, & other diagnostic testing as appropriate
Examines, diagnoses & treats patients within scope of practice, as identified by the Georgia State Board of Nursing as applicable
Conducts rounds on inmates on lockdown.
Identify emergency conditions and provide appropriate emergency care
Consult with Physician about non-emergency conditions falling outside protocol and scope of practice parameters.
Atlanta Family Physician: Decatur GA: Nov 2016-Feb 2017
DeKalb County Board of Health- Decatur, GA: May – Aug 2017
Traditions Nursing & Rehab, Pruitt Health West Atlanta, & Legacy SNF: Feb – May, Aug -Nov 2017
Provides Primary care for a variety of acute, chronic and terminal illness assessment and screening for diseases prevention for both male and female, substance abuse, mental health, manage and coordination of individual care and group. Provision of patient and family-centered education and collaborate with the other health team members in provision of intricate patient care.
I provided comprehensive gynecological services that catered to the needs of woman of all ages with the focus on health promotion. Perform comprehensive physical exams; provide contraception; identify and treat sexually transmitted infections for male and female clients, also did annual pap smear and breast exams, insertion of IUDs and Implant and removals.
I performed complete detailed patient assessments and examination, diagnoses, order, Counseling and educating patients and families, diagnosing conditions, referral, interprets diagnostic and laboratory test, identified treatments plans of acute and chronic ill Geriatrics patients. Provided end of life care to terminally ill residents in the long-term care environment.
Emory Hillandale Hospital: April 2012 To Date
Nurse Clinical Care Coordinator Medical Surgical, Floats to ICU and Telemetry
• Responsible for all staffing, Patient bed assignments and served as clinical resource for staff, Physicians and patients.
• Training of new Clinical coordinators, Charge Nurses and Coordinate/maintaining excellent working relationship with medical team.
• Educate patients and families on lifestyle modifications, health maintenance.
Initiate and implement Nursing care plan of Medical and Surgical Patients, ICU and.
Taking care of Joint Patients.
EASTSIDE MEDICAL CENTER: PCU APRIL 2013 TO Dec 2016 (Part time)
Coordinate and implement nursing care to acutely ill patient with cardiovascular aliments including acute coronary syndrome and resulting myocardial infarction, congestive cardiac failure, life threatening and benign artery disease. Interpret advance ECG recording, manage patient on various cardiac drips, monitor patients with chest tube and other drainage
Lifecare Center Of Lawrenceville, L’ville, Ga: Aug., 2010 To May, 2012
• Led in the delivery of patient care and nursing services to achieve quality nursing management
• Administered, supervised, managed, and evaluated patients’ care personnel and plan for discharge.
• Directed, educated, coached, and mentored nurses to develop a strong team in the unit.
• Managed other nursing employees and assign duties accordingly.
• Evaluated employees’ performances to ensure excellent Nursing services.
Heritage Health Care, Lilburn, Ga: Feb 2010 – Dec. 2010
Supervised and coordinates activities of the Nursing staff and overseeing the daily operations of the Facility. Responsible for all emergencies, staffing issues and served as clinical resource for staff and patients and reports direct to the DON and the Administrator.
Karl Heusner Memorial Hospital; Belize, Central America, Aug 2006–April 2009
Neonatal Intensive Care Nurse:
• Resuscitation of neonates with meconium aspiration
• Care of mechanically ventilated neonates, chest tubes, and critically ill neonates
• Profound ability in planning, management and adequate staffing.
Abia State University Teaching Hospital, Aba, Nigeria: 1991 To 2006
Principal Nursing Officer: Intensive Care Units
• Oversaw daily operations of ICU. Budgeting, staffing and payroll. Working as part of a critical care team to provide excellent holistic care to seriously ill medical and surgical patients by utilizing critical thinking skills to make minute to minute decisions affecting patient outcomes. General supervision and rounding on 360 bedded Teaching Hospital.
Member American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
References Personal and professional references available upon request