Daniel G. Corallo
Mercerville, NJ 08619
Successful General/Operations Manager/Plant Manager offering expertise in facility productivity, increases and quality improvements, strategic planning, problem solving, cost savings, heightened customer service performance, team building, Associate and Manager training and motivational skills. Lean, Six Sigma and RISE experience as well as OSHA, EPA and DOT. Automation enhancement, installation and design experience. Embraces a “continuous improvement” approach throughout daily tasks. Known as an effective problem solver with unique ability to think analytically and creatively specializing in new Distribution Center start-up. CORE COMPETENCIES:
Shipping/Receiving Inventory Control Data Management Quality Control Budget
Kitting and Production
Order Fulfillment and
Transportation LTL and FTL Carrier
Safety Procedures and
OSHA Regulations Route scheduling Union Contracts Lean Applications DOT Regulations FDA regulations International Shipping 3PL Management ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
● Successfully reduced order processing time from 5 to 1 day.
● Oversaw implementation team of West Coast Facility opening.
● Managed New Facility openings for L&R Distributors and RAB Lighting.
● Established key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to supply chain planning and forecasting.
● Successfully Designed and Implemented Lead Assessment Program that that was adapted nationally.
● Developed excellent working relationship with freight forwarders and helped establish key reporting tools related to customer invoice and landed costings.
● Reduction of Warehouse Transport costs by over 15% on volume basis by changing the charging method, delivery cycle and by maximizing truck loads that previously were underutilized.
● Operations Business Lead for company wide SAP conversions and Manhattan systems integration.
● Produced an On Time Delivery Rate of 99% within first 6 months of new building start-up.
● Consolidated 4 warehouse locations in to one location. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
12/2017 – Present RAB Lighting, Cranbury, NJ
Responsible for the planning, start up and management of new state of the art 264,000 sq. ft. facility located in Cranbury, NJ. Hired and manage new operational staff. Established all facility KPI's. Work with Executive Team to build and implement facility processes to meet customer’s needs.
• Produced 99% On Time Delivery by month 6 of operation
• Accomplished 99% Shipped Order Quality by month 7 of operation.
• Reduced order pick to ship from 6 days to same day
• Developed building safety culture according to OSHA regulations
• Designed automation integration
• Accountable for all equipment purchases within budget guidelines
• Hired all managerial and hourly personnel, building a cohesive team environment
• Developed new material handling processes, setting building and network standards 2/2017 – 12/2017 L&R Distributors, Monroe, NJ
Hired to oversee new facility construction from 4 walls to fully functional 150,000 square foot facility. Oversee automation installation (Dematic DMS system). Created new work processes for new facility. Integrated existed staff and directly involved in hiring 125 new staff members. Opened facility and accomplished First Ship date on Target.
• Responsible for 4.5M facility operational budget.
• Review software integration between vendor system and corporate systems to ensure operational effectiveness.
• Merge two 100,000sq facilities into new state of the art facility from Brooklyn to New Jersey.
• Developed and implemented Key Performance Indicators for facility to drive associate performance.
• Produce building maintenance and technical plans.
• Coordinate with Business Development team to create strategies aligned with the new facility’s growth.
• Negotiate Freight Carrier contracts.
3/2013 – 1/2017 Keurig Green Mountain, Robbinsville, NJ Distribution Manager – Facility
Oversee 3PL of 400 Associates in a 1 million square foot facility. Review budget and operating costs, Quality procedures, Kitting, Order Fill processes along with Receiving and Shipping performance. Establish KPI’s for 3PL performance grading.
• Trailer Management System (TMS) Implementation member responsible for successful facility conversion.
• Work with 3PL team to improve and monitor inventory processes.
• Lead the local Organics Process Team, ensuring the facility meets/exceeds standards.
• RF Cycle Counting integration of facility with on-going process improvements.
• Responsible for re-engineering of the RMA/damage/donations process.
• Accountable for ongoing review and rewrites of facility SOP’s.
• Coach and Development immediate reports. Work with 3PL General Manager to ensure they are staffed properly.
• Monitor and Forecast budget for facility Operations.
• Key role in SQF implementation across organization.
• Operational Team Leader for distribution center start-up in California and Georgia.
• Operational Team Leader for Manhattan and SAP systems integrations. 10/2012- 5/2013 Independent Consultant, Hamilton, NJ Transportation and Logistics Consultant to various companies. Working with transportation and logistics companies providing analysis of current costs, procedures and inventory control. Providing input on either specific department or overall company changes that would result in financial, productivity and safety benefits. Manager and Associate training program development, Automation installation and enhancements. 09/2007 - 10/2012 United Stationers, Cranbury, NJ
General Operations Manager – Facility
Manage team of 300 associates and 9 direct reports in 570,000 square foot facility shipping in excess of 600 million dollars per year. Interaction and guidance of Shipping, Receiving, Inventory Control, Maintenance, Quality Control and Data Management. $61 Million inventory. 650 pallets per day shipped. Direct to consumer and direct to retailer involving internal, LTL and small package systems.
• Established Associate Productivity tracking program.
• Responsible for budget planning and KPI standards.
• Developed a comprehensive training program for shift Leads.
• Member of RISE implementation team.
• Shipping Exceptions were brought to Zero in first two months with team.
• Implemented Lead Assessment Program to identify strengths within the team.
• Lead Manager of UPS area engineering team.
• Member of Food Safety Audit team.
• United National Operations Mentor.
• Member of the United GSA design and implementation team.
• Member of International Shipping Team.
• Member of CTS Team – Role out of redesigned carton tracking program.
• Member of United National Quality Team.
• Daily communication and facility tours.
• Re engineered Packing department.
• Developed housekeeping and safety programs.
• Regular review of OSHA, DOT, FDA regulations with department Managers. 08/2005 – 09-2007 Griffith Electric, Trenton, NJ
Warehouse and Distribution Manager
Responsible for overall Operations within the main warehouse and distribution location. Provided set-up, direction and support to remote locations.
• Manage direct reports and the warehouse associates.
• Schedule routes and driver requirements daily.
• Review and analyze cost, operations and forecast data.
• Manage safety process and compliance to both company and OSHA standards.
• Realign inventory control and management.
• Responsible for hiring, and performance management.
• Negotiate union contracts.
• Submit daily and monthly reports regarding stock replenishment.
• Partnership with senior-management
Windows, MS Office Suite, Delta, Trux, Profit 21, Routesmart, WMS, Voice Director, WES, SAP, PeopleSoft, Dematic DMS, Manhattan.
Mercer County Community College – West Windsor NJ
Related courses include: Labor Relations, Operations Control in a Logistics Environment, OSHA, DOT and EPA standards, Strategic Thinking, Lean Six Sigma Foundations, Lean Thinking and Applications, Servant Leadership, Change Management, Associate Leadership Training and Engagement.
Selector, Cherry Picker, Stand Up/Sit Down Forklift, Electric Pallet Jack, Clamp Truck, Deep Reach, Conveyor Systems Implementation, Installation and Design.
F&A.M., Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, Philalthes Society, Free Wheelchair Mission, Soles for Souls