GREGORY WILLIAM DONAHUE
**** ******** **** ***** • Howell, Michigan 48855
EXPERIENCED SENIOR PROGRAM ENGINEER
Excel in the design and engineering of industrial products, tools and processes Goal-driven, mechanically adept engineer with experience performing and leading others in the design, tolerancing, testing and engineering of innovative mechanical products and processes. Experience building, leading and scheduling teams of multidisciplinary engineers. Skilled at the planning and execution of innovative engineering, testing, and process design projects and programs. Talented at performing a wide array of hands-on and leadership roles within dimensional management groups, advanced product studios, prototype shops, and production manufacturing facilities. Highlights of Expertise:
• Project Management
• Customer Relations
• Fit & Finish
• DFMEA / PFMEA
• GD&T / ASME Y14.5M
• Product Development & Engineering
• Communication & Presentation
• Troubleshooting / Resolution
• PSO/PPAP Processes
• Gage Repeatability & Reproducibility
• CATIA V4 & V5
• Process Redesign
KONGSBERG AUTOMOTIVE, NOVI, MICHIGAN 2011 - PRESENT Technical Sales Engineer
Lead the introduction of products to various departments at OEM customers. Provide to customers the technical information and knowledge required to promote Kongsberg Automotive MRF products and develop positive working relationships. Push for updates to existing MRF products based on customer feedback.
Assistant Chief Engineer
Lead the design and development of Cables and Actuation Group for the automobile industry. Planned and scheduled engineering activities across multiple functions. Interfaced with the customer base to drive customer requirements and schedules, ensure maximized profitability, and maintain the project integrity.
FICOSA NORTH AMERICA, Madison Heights, Michigan 2010 - 2011 Senior Product Engineer
Focused on the design and development of outside rearview mirror systems for the automobile marketplace. Provide a proven disciplined management approach in product design, development, validation, and launch to insure product integrity and customer satisfaction. Drive product development time-lines, schedules, customer requirements and deadlines, from inception through completion while promoting a strict adherence to technical requirements and financial targets. GREGORY DONAHUE • Page 2
CHRYSLER GROUP LLC, Auburn Hills, Michigan / Toledo, Ohio / Detroit, Michigan 1995 – 2009 Lead Body Exterior Engineer
Direct the design and engineering of exterior components for large vehicle platform including the design and development of fascia, grille, plastic, rubber, mirrors, wiper systems, lighting, and body- hardware components. Provide daily supervision and mentoring to a team of 4 product engineers, 2 dimensional control engineers and 12 suppliers. Plan and manage cost, weight, investment, and prototype budget. Prepare and deliver regular reports to senior management on progress of engineering projects.
• Exceeded vehicle year over year Expense per Unit Sold (EPUS) by 35% and Conditions per 1000 (C/1000) by 41%.
• Spearheaded development and implementation of new fascias and grille program on Dodge Magnum and Chrysler 300 platform.
• Secured 110.8% of Material Cost Management (MCM) target. Resident Body Engineer Lead
Managed the design and engineering of Jeep Liberty body systems. Directed a team of five product and dimensional control engineers. Planned and scheduled engineering activities across multiple functions. Planned and managed engineering budget. Performed various staffing and performance monitoring functions, aligning employee performance and capabilities with assigned functions.
• Steered planning and execution of Product Quality Management (PQM) strategies.
• Selected to serve as Engineering Launch Lead, and as engineering point of contact for team leaders of multiple manufacturing and development departments.
• Synchronized build issue list, quick issue resolution, and adherence to vehicle quality targets. Lead Body Exterior Engineer
Led the design and development of 2004 Grand Cherokee body and exterior components. Planned and managed Front Fascia refresh program. Developed program plans and strategies, and tracked / monitored progress of program. Supervised and mentored program team members. Delivered regular updates to senior management.
• Developed and integrated into program an industry first snap together fascia grille design that eliminated the need for additional fasteners.
Contributed to design, manufacture, testing, and launch of 2002 Jeep Liberty fascia and exterior components. Held a wide array of responsibilities including concept feasibility, product assurance planning, color harmony, dimensional management and homologation requirements.
• Orchestrated planning and execution of an innovative cost reduction initiative by eliminating the need for inventory control of fasteners.
GREGORY DONAHUE • Page 3
Dimensional Control Engineer
Performed dimensional control of 1997 Jeep Cherokee and Wrangler exterior components. Responsibilities included development and implementation of all Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), tolerance path analysis, VSA analysis, and Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility
Education and Credentials
Bachelor of Science Degree Industrial Engineering Technology CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY, Mt. Pleasant, Michigan Professional Affiliation
Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)