Email: *******@*****.*** * Mobile: 630-***-**** * Schaumburg, IL 60193
Senior Enterprise Architect with 25 years of experience in Information Technology, proficient in driving and implementing highly scalable, near real time and high throughput systems using Kafka, Tibco, Big Data, NoSQL and AWS Cloud technologies. Experienced in leading large initiatives and working in larger organizations and teams across various domains and locations. Manish has successfully worked on several multi-million and multi-year initiatives at Hyatt Hotels, United Airlines, Northern Trust, Allstate Insurance, Freddie Mac, Capgemini, Syntel and Patni Computers Systems. Manish is experienced in Application, Integration & Infrastructure Architectures, Portal, JEE, Java, SOA, Web Services and Middleware Integration technologies as well as Sun Certified Professional. Manish is team player, self-starter, has communication and leadership skills and experienced in large scale PMLC and SDLC project execution using Agile and Hybrid techniques. Proficient in delivering long term permanent simple solutions at lower cost that requiring lower maintenance and support overhead and easy to enhance. TECHNICAL SKILLS
Big Data: HDFS, YARN, MESOS, MapReduce, TEZ, Spark, Pig, HIVE, HBASE, STORM, Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Zookeeper, Oozie, Drill, Phoenix, Presto, Apache Zeppelin, Apache Ambari, HUE, Flink, Machine Learning
NoSQL: Couchbase DB 4.5, Mongo DB 3.0.3 and Cassandra/DataStax, Solr 4.2 Cloud: AWS Cloud, Kinesis, Kinesis Firehose, SQS, SNS, Lambda, Redshift, EC2, Dynamo DB, S3 Bucket, Glacier, Direct Connect
Languages: Scala, Python, R, Java/JEE Platform, C++, C, Pascal, Fortan IV, Basic and SQL Technologies: Portal, WSRP, JEE, Web Services, OOAD, UML, XML, MQ and RUP Application Server: WebSphere 9.x, WebLogic Portal 10.3.2, WebLogic 10.3, JBoss 3.x, Tomcat v5.5 Database: In Memory HSQL DB, Oracle 11g & MSAccess Framework: Struts, Spring, JPF, Rails, Log4j, JUnit Tools: HP-BSM, XML Spy, Sonar, Introscope, SiteScope, Site Catylist, Gomez, New Relic, Dynatrace, Rational Software Architect 6.x, TOAD, Real User Monitoring, APM CEM, HP Quality Center, HP Load Runner, Selenium, SQL Developer Source Control: SVN, TFS, TeamSite, PVCS, ClearCase, ClearQuest, Star Team, CVS, Caliber Search Engine & ORM: Solr 4.2, Endeca, Velocity and Hibernate, Toplink IDE: Scala IDE, Eclipse 3.1, RAD 6.1.1, MyEclipse 4.0 OS: Windows & Linux
Hyatt Hotel Corporation (June 2018 – Present), Chicago, IL (Senior Enterprise Architect)
• Working on defining long term strategy and direction of architecture, design and development for integrating corporate applications with local property management systems efficiently between following systems. PMS – Property Management Systems like Opera, Opera Lite and WinPM PRIO – Pricing Revenue & Inventory Optimization
CRS – Central Reservation System
• ARB – Active member of Architecture Review Board to review design changes in corporate applications.
• Using Kafka, Confluence, Service mesh and microservices for design and implementation. Page 2 of 4
United Airlines (March 2014 – May 2018), Chicago, IL (Senior Architect) Leading Development teams, working with business teams, leaders and driving Architecture, Design and Development of SWIM, ION Tracking Stability, Smartload, ION Tracking, Predictive Engine, Smart D:0 - Flight Hold Recommender Engine, Fuel Performance Indicator (FPI), Main Line Cancel Analyzer (MLCA) and AMIS to SCEPTER migration projects for Network Operations Control (NOC) group.
• SWIM Phase 2 – Developing architecture and design using AWS Cloud infrastructure using Direct Connect, TIBCO BW on EC2 instances, SQS/SNS, Kinesis, Kinesis Firehose, RedShift, S3 Bucket, Lambda, Spotfire and Glacier components. In this implementation UA will consume more than 10,000 plus messages per second from 10 different types of message sources of FAA during peak time, expecting 20 TB to 40 TB of data in couple of years. All the incoming data will be transformed from XML to JSON format and archived into Redshift for 2 years of historical analysis using Spotfire tool and later archived into Glacier for long term storage and audit purpose.
• SWIM Phase 1 - Developed architecture, design and end to end solution for next generation FAA System Wide Information Management System (SWIM). United Airlines published FLIFO data to FAA and is now under compliance and it will replace existing FAA legacy systems in couple of years, delivered this solution using TIBCO BW 5.11, Oracle DB, KAFKA and Kibana.
• ION Tracking Stability – This is a complete rewrite of current ION Tracking project running on old technology. Developed architecture and design using Couchbase DB 4.5, Pouch DB, Sync Gateway, Node.js, AngularJS, TIBCO BW 5.11, ODM and WebSphere 8.x components.
• ION Tracking current – Ongoing enhancements, maintenance and performance & availability improvements.
• Working with Enterprise architecture and various infrastructure teams for end to end architecture, design and implementation of new projects environment setup and configurations.
• Implemented NoSQL POCs with Couchbase 4.0 DB and Mongo 3.0.3 DB to replace In Memory HSQL DB, Selected Couchbase 4.0 DB for implementation of ION Tracking and Smart D:00 applications.
• Developed Big Data prototype on AWS using 3 EC2 instances and Hadoop Framework, created this POC for analyzing and researching Big Data framework components like Pig, Hive, HBase, Mahoot, MapReduce, HDFS, ZooKeeper, Oozie and Scoop with one Name Node & 2 Data Nodes.
• Designed and executed solutions to fix performance, stability and scalability issues for ION Tracking application and coordinated implementation with Middleware and Unix architects and leaders.
• Prevented migration of non-performing Fuel Policy Index (FPI) application developed by external vendor.
• Architecture and design of Smart D:00 - Flight Hold Recommendation Engine and its integration with down line application Aero, UFD, Gate Manager, Gate Viewer, SSD and BART.
• WebSphere migration effort for Smart D:00, ION Tracking, Predictive Analysis Engine application and driving discussions and support tickets with IBM and Tibco vendors.
• Coordinating with NOC business leaders and users in technical analysis and cost negotiations for Cargo applications integration (web services) with external vendor and new Cover engine logic. The Northern Trust Company (December 2007 – February 2014), Chicago, IL (Lead/Senior Architect) Leading a team of 30 + developers with Architecture, Design and Development of multi-million multi-year Wealth Passport Portal upgrade and migration project on WebLogic Portal for Personal Financial Division of Northern Trust.
• Driving and leading planning and execution of Wealth Passport Portal with business users, key clients and business owners and Defined Federated architecture for higher availability, scalability, reliability and performance. Maintained strong relationship and trust with business sponsors and promoters.
• Improved overall application availability, scalability and performance of 5 other applications within Portal.
• Architected and designed faceted search solution using Solr 4.2 open source search engine framework. Page 3 of 4
• Resolved critical issues for top 20 business critical applications of Northern Trust. Freddie Mac (January 2007 – November 2007), Schaumburg, IL (Application Architect) Reporting to Director of Application Architecture group of Freddie Mac development center. Implemented architecture of Java/JEE solutions for financial application using EAGLE financial management system and PlanView based HR solution. Freddie Mac closed Schaumburg development center in 2008 because of Sub Prime mortgage crises. Allstate Insurance Company (February 2006 - January 2007), Northbrook, IL (J2EE Application Architect) Reporting to VP of Protection Architecture group, working with 20+ architects in this group located in Northbrook. Architecture team was providing consulting services for 100+ applications running on Java, .NET, Mainframe and AS400 platforms. I provided J2EE architecture solutions and services for applications, SOA solution for backend integration with AS400 and Mainframe components using MQSeries and Tibco and worked very close to business owners and sponsors.
• Defined long term architecture strategies for web based “Alliance” Java/J2EE project.
• Architected messaging based integration solution to retrieve policy details from Mainframe.
• Designed and developed proof of concept for product service Get Policy using JMS, MQ and TIBCO.
• Governed the UML Object Model changes for Alliance application and maintained it with Rational Software Architect 6.1.1 tool, helping technical leads and developers in detailed design sessions.
• Worked with other architects of Protection Architecture team in defining and designing future architectures, strategies and plans to migrate legacy applications from Mainframe and AS400 systems. Capgemini (June 2000 - February 2006), Chicago, IL (J2EE Architect/Management Consultant)
• Team member of Java Technology and Outsourcing services consulting group based in Chicago, providing consulting services to Capgemini clients in architecting, designing and developing Java/J2EE based solutions and systems. This was an excellent opportunity and exposure to work with business users and owners of 8 to 9 major client projects located throughout US.
• Worked on tools and technologies like WebSphere Application Server & Portal, WebSphere Workflow, IBM MQSeries, Rational Rose UML Tool, WSAD & Eclipse IDE.
• STP (Financial Industry), Chicago - Technical Architect/Manager o Architected and designed Java/J2EE components for Straight Through Processing for mortgage industry.
• ADT (Security Industry), Chicago - Architect
o Architected, Designed, developed and implemented integration Interface components using Java, JDBC, JAXP, and MQSeries API’s for integrating Informix, Siebel and Oracle systems.
• Dobson Communication, Atlanta - Technical Architect o Deployed on BEA WebLogic Application Server and supported deployment and configuration of EJB and MQSeries components in production environment.
• Disney (Entertainment Industry), Orlando - J2EE Architect o Created design for Availability component, which checked nights available at Disney owned facilities and resorts and Developed SDM application using JAXB API’s and WebSphere 5.1.
• WellPoint (Healthcare Industry), LA - Portal Architect o Recommended design changes for existing WellPoint Portal architecture and POC for IBM Portal.
• Health Corporation of America (HCA), Nashville - Design Specialist, Sr. Developer o Designed and developed 5 major components using Stateless and State full Session Beans and Web components from front end to back end. Five components developed are Work Assignment Prioritization and Profile (WAPP), PARS Work List, Expiration Days, Retroactive Insurance Settlement, Write-Off Request and manual and automated activities.
• Alliance RTO (Chicago)- Senior Developer
o Designed and developed MQ Series based bi-directional Interface Adapter and defined XML Schema for MQ messages using third party API’s from DataMirror for parsing XML data and writing into database or text file directly, DataMirror internally used SUN and Xarces XML parser API. Page 4 of 4
• Walgreens - Java Architect
o Designed and developed application using Swing for forecasting Work Force Optimization (WFO) for all distribution centers of Walgreen. Application used JDBC connectivity with AS400 and FileMaker. Syntel Inc. (May 1999- May 2000), Lake Zurich, IL (Senior Programmer, Analyst) Designed and developed Enterprise Application (presentation tier and middle tier) components for Gateway, Workers Compensation, Commercial Auto and Business of Property insurance business of Kemper.
• Coordinated with business users and owner, offshore & developed prototype using JSP, Servlet, EJB and Visual Age for Java 3.5, Created UML diagrams using Rational Rose 98 and OOAD principals. Patni Computer Systems Limited (May 1997-March 1999), Mumbai, India (Senior Software Engineer) Designed and developed Java based applications for Hitachi in Bombay (SEEPZ, Mumbai). Designed and developed solutions for two main applications for Hitachi, JFlow and Software Engineers Workbench + Client/Server Design Case
• Designed and developed CORBA 3.0 based workflow interface called JFlow for workflow clients.
• ORB Inprice 3.0 was used to generate Java and C++ stubs and skeleton interfaces for implementation.
• Implemented using Java 1.1.6, JDBC, JSP, Servlet, Oracle 7.1, UML, Visual Age for Java and SQL. Advanced Spectra-Tek Pvt. Ltd. (June 1993 - April 1997), Vadodara, India (Software Engineer) Designed and developed custom components and features for Wagon and Truck loading systems using Object Oriented C Language for government and corporate clients based out of India. Trainings
• Spark 2.0 and Scala – 2018
• Big Data implementation using Hadoop 2.0 on Hortonworks Sandbox - 2017
• AWS Architect – 2017
• Couchbase DB 4.0 instructor lead workshop – 2016
• NoSQL – Coubhbase DB, MongoDB POC, Design and Implementation – 2015
• Big Data implementation using Hadoop 1.0 on Amazon Web Services Cloud - 2014.
• WebSphere Application Server 8.5.5 migration and tuning – 2014.
• Introscope and Real User performance monitoring tool - 2011.
• Core Spring-Hibernate Framework using MyEclipse and Tomcat 6.0 - 2009.
• AJAX and JEE Architecture using WebLogic 10.0 application Server and WorkSpace IDE – 2008.
• Web Site Security Management & E-Commerce Security - 2008.
• Web Services using RAD 6.0, Web Sphere Portal using RAD 6.0 – 2006. EDUCATION
Bhavans College, India -Diploma in Business Management 1995 (1 Year) University of Pune, India - Bachelor of Engineering - Computer Science 1993 (4 Year) Board of Technical Education, Maharashtra, India - Diploma in Engineering - Computer Technology 1990 (3 Year) PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS
Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for J2EE Technology Sun Certified Web Component Developer for J2EE 1.4 Sun Certified Programmer for Java 2 Platform