firstname.lastname@example.org com 770-***-**** www.linkedin.com/in/amybecham
Creative Services, Marketing Specialist, & Print Production Professional who provides art direction, graphic design, content management, business communication, and print production solutions to business owners and end users. Expertise in creating visual and verbal communications to strengthen brand integrity; extensive project and print management experience across various media to ensure consistent brand messaging; and leading, directing, and developing skilled teams in pursuit of organizational objectives. The right mix of industry knowledge and hands-on ability to deliver in-house creative and cost- effective solutions to marketing challenges.
Marketing Specialist WestRock Company, Atlanta, GA September 2013 – Present As Marketing Specialist for the Corrugated (former) and Enterprise Solutions (current) divisions of WestRock Company, assemble, synthesize and deliver recommendations to leadership on a variety of inter-disciplinary creative, marketing projects that interact closely with sales management across global, enterprise products and functions. Regularly conduct market research for business initiatives; provide content, graphics, internal/external communications, sales presentations, marketing collateral, and event support while collaborating with cross-functional teams; and serve as an in-house creative, marketing, communications, and knowledge resource throughout the WestRock organization. Senior Marketing Manager &
Print Production SME Henderson Shapiro Peck, Roswell, GA April 2012 – August 2013 Utilize over 15 years of experience in marketing, creative services, account management, and print production to coordinate multiple projects with tight deadlines while delivering excellent client service, project management, and high-quality deliverables. As Print Production SME, create positive supplier relationships, internally and externally, and firmly manage any issues that may impact or compromise the integrity of a project, while maintaining timely communication with all team members and partners.
• Build and maintain relationships with corporate accounts that are based on principles of trust, integrity, strategic thinking, success through teamwork, relationships, and open communication.
• Effectively communicate and lead creative production teams across diverse work groups to effectively translate strategy into tactical action plans; organize detailed tasks; and resolve complex problems to meet targeted objectives.
• As Print Production SME, manage all aspects of production with external partners to include: estimating, price negotiation and scheduling; quality control, proofing, and press checks; finishing, fulfillment, and delivery; invoice reconciliation within approved budget mandates; and risk management assessments to resolve issues that delay or alter schedules due to unforeseen challenges.
• Act as a mentor for other creative and agency professionals, sharing knowledge and skills. Manager, Graphics and Printing Solutions Georgia-Pacific LLC, Atlanta, GA 2001 - 2011 Manage daily, department operations and all aspects related to graphic design, visual communication, pre-press, digital printing, variable data and transactional printing, offset printing, bindery, project management, production scheduling, and customer service. Additional business management activities included budgeting, cost accounting, purchasing, internal chargeback, financial planning and capital procurement.
• Assembled and directed a successful marketing support team for 12+ years who ably improved corporate perceptions, internal/external brand recognition, brand compliance, and grew internal customer base by 23% across business units within a large consumer, paper, and forest products company.
• Developed and managed annual operating and capital budgets of $3MM+ while continually monitoring expenses and procurement of equipment and supplies to maintain an efficient, cost effective support services organization.
• Coordinated and expedited the efficient creation and operation of all department workflow processes culminating in 25% greater productivity by reducing waste and rework; increasing throughput; generating increased repeat business; and instilling customer loyalty and confidence.
• Advanced proficiency in graphic design publishing software and hardware including: QuarkXpress; Adobe Creative Suite; Adobe Acrobat Professional with Quite Imposing Plus PDF workflows; MicroSoft Office plus Publisher; variable and transactional print production; and high-volume, digital publishing and production equipment. amybecham
Senior Graphic Designer Georgia-Pacific LLC, Atlanta, GA 1999–2001 Fully understand the graphic design and visual communications needs of internal clients in order to offer a variety of professional marketing services to enhance the organization’s corporate brand identity and improve recognition both internally and externally. Expertise in designing, creating, and producing professional business collateral to include newsletters, stationery, advertisements, brochures, banners; billboards; forms; posters; postcards; signs; CD/DVD labels, manuals, training and related marketing material.
• Interfaced with all levels of internal clients to determine graphic and printing needs and proposed cost-effective solutions
(30% average savings over market price) while maintaining high quality services and finished products.
• Championed the management and adherence of corporate identity standards which included: regular updates and maintenance; development of shared digital asset management tools and support processes throughout all divisions; and communicating changes both inside and outside the organization to ensure compliance across all media. Additionally, engaged employees and external stakeholders in applying identity brand standards with the objective of increased recognition and appreciation of the organization.
• Advanced internal client engagement and fostered relationships which resulted in dramatic increase of internally produced graphics and visual communications and consistently scored 4.4 or higher out of 5 on customer satisfaction surveys.
• Functioned as department leader and recommended workflow enhancements which brought all staff together in a true team environment that ultimately resulted in promotion to Operations Manager after two years of service. Creative Services Manager and
Senior Graphic Designer Moore Copies, Inc. Atlanta, GA 1993-1999 Managed in-house graphics and desktop publishing department for Atlanta-based printing and mail facilities-management company. Created and produced professional business collateral, including: company newsletters, stationery, advertisements, brochures, banners, billboards, forms, posters, postcards, signs, CD/DVD labels, manuals, training and marketing material. Project manager for select accounts, providing consultation and estimates for various graphics and printing projects. Volunteer Graphics,
Printing, & Marketing Consultant Various Organizations 1993-Present Skills-based volunteer and freelance consultant for various local organizations, providing professional-level expertise in graphic design, print management/procurement, and marketing to assist in strengthening their infrastructure as well as building and sustaining their capacity to successfully achieve their missions. Recent and past organization contributions include: LiftUp Atlanta; Dixie Olds Club (a Chapter of the Oldsmobile Club of America); Good News Centre; First Baptist Church of Duluth; Willowstone at Duluth HOA; Kappa Delta Alumnae Association of Gwinnett County; and Points of Light – Atlanta. Portfolio Available upon request.
MBM Academy & MBM Manager Training, 2006 – 2010. Successfully completed 10+ business management courses (80 hours of advanced training and education).
University of Georgia, Henry W. Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication M.A. in Journalism/Advertising
B.A. in Art & Design
Certifications, honors and awards
In-Plant Printing & Mailing Association (IPMA) – member since 2003 Certified Graphic Communications Manager (2005 – 2015) with IPMA Winner of Gold, Silver and Bronze awards for In-Plant Printing Excellence (IPMA, 2005-2006) Georgia-Pacific Executive Corporate Mentoring Program (2003)