University of Texas at Dallas, Texas, USA - 3.42/4.0 May 2018 Master of Science, Management Information Systems
Mumbai University, Mumbai, India - 3.7/4.0 May 2016 Bachelor of Science, Engineering
Data Management, Business Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence with SAS, Statistics and Risk Uncertainty, Data Visualization, Agile Project Management, System Analysis, Information Technology Services and Management, Operations Management, Organizational Behavior, Web Analytics
Programming Languages Java, Python, C++
Data Science MySQL,R (dplyr, tidyr, Snowball, tm), Python (Pandas, scikit-learn, NumPy), SAS, Minitab, MATLAB Statistic Modelling Regression (linear, logit, multinomial), kMeans/Hierarchical Clustering, Decision Tree, Principal Component Analysis, Neural Network
BI Tools Tableau, ggplot2, Seaborn, Shiny, Power BI, Excel, Agile Methodologies Experience
Student Data Analyst – University of Texas at Dallas, Texas Jan 2017 – May 2018
• Performed data analysis on College data to identify trends and applied time series analysis to predict the future outcome of instances.
• Applied analytics tools – Tableau, Power BI for data visualization including creating dashboards and presented the findings and reports to the senior management for decision making.
• Identification of issues, performing root cause analysis, and providing executable and reliable solutions.
• Developed ad-hoc reports and summarized the statistical analysis results, conducted research and compiled data obtained from database resources.
Business Analyst, Pioneer Decopack Pvt Ltd, Mumbai, INDIA Jan 2015 – Jun 2016
• Provided input into developing and modifying systems to meet needs and develop business specifications to support these modifications by utilizing analytical and technical skills to understand and solve complex and potentially unclear problems.
• Managed time & set priorities/deadlines appropriately and performed management escalations.
• Optimized SQL code & applied performance tuning techniques to improve query, and reduced processing time by 15%.
• Fulfilled ad hoc data extract and data analysis requests from all business and technology teams using SQL.
• Identified, analyzed and interpreted trends or patterns in application development life cycle and created business flow diagrams from the complex data sets for forecasting influencers using Advance Excel.
• Interacted with users from different business units to gather and analyze requirements, business cases and related analysis, including Return on Investment (ROI), Net Present Value (NPV) for reports. Projects
1.Visualizing Summer Olympic Medalist Dataset: Tableau Nov 2017 – Dec 2017
• Developed a visualization story using Tableau which talked about various medals won between 1896-2008
• Calculated Fields like averages, sum & probability values were introduced in the data set to add meaning
• Generated visualization charts like Heat map, Lined graph, packed bubble and Trend lines 2.Database design for a fictional website (Cake Gallery): MySQL, Power BI Feb 2017 – May 2017
• Performed analysis for a Cake Gallery to improve sales & presented results using SQL, SSIS, MS Access and Excel
• Used SQL for writing complex SQL queries (Dense Rank, Temp tables) and Advance Excel (VLOOKUP’s, Pivot Table, Index Match) to prepare a clean database
• Created Power BI dashboard design for data visualization and reports 3.Philadelphia Crime Analysis using SAS: SAS Enterprise Miner, Excel May 2017
• Developed a model that predicted upcoming set of violent crimes which would excel in the city
• Explored the data and performed Data pre-processing, Data Transformation which were available in different formats using SAS
• Created predictive models like Neural Networks, Linear Regression and Decision Trees in SAS-Enterprise Miner
• Performed a model comparison and suggested which model gives more accurate results based on Average Square Error 4.Modelling and Analysis of Hollywood Movie Data using R: R Nov 2015 - Apr 2016
• Eliminated dirty and redundant data using pre-processing techniques to enable better decision making
• Provided Correlation between audience rating and Critic rating using ggplot for different genre
• Used visualization like smoother, facet, scatterplot, box plot etc. to understand different pattern and parameter Certification and additional Information
• Member of UTD chess team. Represented UTD in various chess tournaments Sep 2016 - May 2018
• SAS and SQL certified Data Analyst