DATA SCIENTIST DATA ANALYST STATISTICAL PROGRAMMER
Fremont, CA, 94538
+1-919-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org https://github.com/lei000 https://www.linkedin.com/in/lei--wang/ Summary
Master’s degree in statistics with experience in data mining and modeling. Strong analytical and quantitative skills (Hypothesis testing, Statistical modeling, Machine learning). Proficient at scripting in SQL, R, Python, SAS. Experience
Data Scientist Intern March 2018 - June 2018
YOUROK Menlo park, CA
• Defined target users, explored user’s lifecycle and improved product functions by conducting data exploratoryanalysis, hypothesis test- ing, regression models and text analytics (Sentimental analysis).
• Wrote R code to transform raw app user data output into a structured, usable form, and implement quantitative analysis, created inter- active data visualization and dashboard by R shiny, improved analysis efficiency by 50%.
• Manageddatafromvarioussources(GoogleAnalytics,Freeappanalytics,iTunes, Facebook,Snapchat), trackedandanalyzedadvertising campaign performance, reduced marketing cost by 10%. Statistical Analyst September 2017 - May 2018
STATLAB, UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE Newark, DE
• Instructed 10+ clients on experiments design and result analysis (ANOVA, multiple testing) and software with R, SPSS, SAS, JMP.
• Analyzed survey data by performing feature selection (PCA) and linear regression.
• Designed case study applied in class, managed StatLab clients and activities. Data Analyst Intern June 2017 - August 2017
FANG88 Palo alto, CA
• Developed neighborhood analysis metrics and determined key indicators by collecting demographic data to optimize website and prop- erty report content .
• Manipulated800Mdata,andbuiltlinearregressionandneutralnetworkmodelunderTensorFlowinPython(pandas, numpy, scikit-learn) to increase prediction accuracy by 2%.
• Delivered house price trend and single property neighborhood analysis articles for social media. Education
M.S. in Statistics August 2016 - May 2018
UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE Newark, DE
• GPA: 3.8/4.0.
• Courses: Database Management, Statistical Inference, Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Machine Learning.
• Paper: Vector autoregression and envelope model (STAT accepted).
– Survival analysis oncustomerretention:Applied survivalanalysisoncustomertenureandchurntodetecttimewhencustomers tend to churn, grasped retention trend over time, identified important factors related to retention.
– AudioTexMarketingAnalysis:Establishedmultivariatelinearregressionmodeltodiscoverkeyfactorsforcustomerpurchasesby stepwise selection and designed marketing strategy to increase sales.
– Credit risk modeling: Prescreened variables by calculating WOE and IV and implemented binning for some variables, applied logistic regression and random forest models to improve default prediction. M.S. /B.S. in Ecology
BEIJING FORESTRY UNIVERSITY Beijing, China
• Programming language: SQL/Hive, R(dplyr, ggplot2, Rshiny), Python(pandas, numpy, scikit-learn), SAS(Certified).
• Tools: Excel, SPSS, JMP, Tableau, Google Analytics, Hadoop, Spark.
• Models: Linear Regression, ANOVA, Logistic Regression, SVM, Tree and Random Forest, Neural Network, K-means, Mixedmodel,Survival analysis, Time series.
LEI WANG RESUME