Nihar J. Shah Nihar J. Shah
**** *. **** **. *** 4 4819 Copper Canyon Blvd
Oak Creek, WI 53154 Valrico, FL 33594
Nihar J. Shah
Nihar J. Shah
Ph # 414-***-****
Ph # 414-***-****
• Seasoned IT professional with background working as an analyst and Java developer, with a bachelor degree in computer science.
• Extensive experience developing and deploying Java Data Viewer and various graphical applications.
• Interacted with software developers and operations personnel to clarify design issues, integrate requirements and work through other operational business issues.
• Managed insurance application transfer from IBM mainframe to client server UNIX platform using Java and Informatica. Was responsible for data mapping utilizing Informatica.
• Background includes performing test requirements analysis, reviewing software design documents as well as technical specification and developing a list of test requirements based on the system specifications.
• Experienced with design patterns including MVC, data access object as well as data transmission objects, factory and singleton.
• Exposure to Prototype, Waterfall and Rapid Application Development (RAD) methodologies.
• Experience in Java IDE tools including Eclipse.
• Good knowledge in building and deploying Apache Ant/ Maven scripts for deployment and customizing WAR/JAR file management for web applications.
• Has working knowledge of PL/SQL and databases including MS SQL Server, Oracle 10g/11g and tools like Oracle SQL.
• Expertise in JUnit Assertion to develop unit testing and debugging of application.
• Experience using web/application servers such as Apache Tomcat and Oracle application server.
• Excellent organizational and analytical abilities teamed with effective oral and communication skills and ability to work in complex environments.
• TECHNICAL SKILLS
Frameworks ORM (Torque, Hibernate), Spring MVC Web flow, Spring Batch, ASP.NET,AngularJS, JQuery
RDBMS Technology MySQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, Jet SQL, Oracle, SQL server 2000,IIS GUI Design YUI, jQuery, AJAX, Struts, Tcl/Tk, X Windows, Motif, Mac Toolbox Software Make, Ant, AutoMake, Autoconf, GNU M4, RPM, MS Visual Studio, 680x0 and 80x86 Assembly, Office Suite, Project, Visio, Photoshop, Device Drivers, JSON, JSP, JBoss, REST web services Methodologies Object Oriented Programming,Design Patterns, Agile, Scrum Operating Systems UNIX (iOS, Linux, Solaris, *BSD, IRIX, DEC, others), Windows Servers Apache Tomcat
KENAFRIC INDUSTRIES LTD Jul 2017-Present.
Software Development Project Manager
Responsible for multiple technical projects
● Supporting the for different products line for both internal and external business.
● Partnered with Business Project Management staff to manage and deliver customer projects on time and within budget.
● Allocated and managed technical staff of 15 Development Engineers, technical writing staff and interns.
● Created Subject Matter Experts within department as 'go-to' mentors sharing expertise while elevating cross training within the department.
● Managed major internal product enhancements improving internal processing as well as internal business process.
● Developed and established Agile development within the department, while initiating peer-to-peer reviews.
● Improved Technical Writing process for online customer learning materials.
● Established third tier production support process, decreasing response/resolution time giving team members responsibility and accountability.
● Substantially increased Help desk response time by identifying repeating issues, developing projects to address issues quickly and training staff on new resolutions.
OLD REPUBLIC RISK MANAGEMENT April 2015-Dec 2016.
Senior Java Developer/Lead Integrator Consultant
● Interacted with clients to gather business requirements and generated requirement specification.
● Led the project team and specify design and coding standards.
● Developed the middle tier using session bean, entity bean/DAO and BusinessObjects.
● Developed and deployed the application on WebSphere application server.
● Involved in development of user interface layer using Spring framework.
● Used JSPs/Spring/Spring web flow/Spring batch/Java/SQL/DB2 used JBoss to interact with the database.
● Involved in development of Apache POI to read from Excel spreadsheet and set values on a PDF using I Text.
● Responsible for requirement gathering from the business analysts and for preparing the requirement specification.
● Involved in development of the applications using Spring Web MVC and other components of the Spring framework, the controller being Spring Core (dispatcher servlet).
● Implemented controller (abstract) and map it to a URL in .servlet.xml file. Implement JSP corresponding to the controller where in the data was propagated into it from the model and view object from the controller. Design and implement MVC architecture using Spring framework, which involved writing action classes/forms/custom tag libraries & JSP pages.
● Designed, developed and maintained the data layer using Hibernate and perform configuration of Spring application framework.
● Utilized Hibernate to store the persistence data into the IBM DB2 UDB database and write HQL to access the data from the database.
● Use JMS (Java Messaging Service) for asynchronous communication between different modules.
● Use XML, WSDL, UDDI, SOAP Web services for communicating data between different applications.
● Deployed the application on WebSphere application server.
Designs Touch, Milwaukee, WI April 2014 – March 2015 Senior Java Developer/Lead Integrator Consultant
● Worked with Designs Touch company on projects defined by their clients.
● Provided innovative business solutions, website design, e-commerce and creative design services for the eye centers and dermatology centers of Racine and Kenosha.
● Applications were used to customer information and billing to insurance companies for business utilizing Java and C#.
● Developed many ASP.NET web applications using SQL Server and C#, to provide solutions for company wide needs. (ASP.NET, C# Windows apps, C# console Apps, SQL Reporting Services.) Environment:Java, C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server, SSRS, Windows GE Medical Systems, Milwaukee, WI April 2013 – March 2014 Senior Java Developer/Lead Integrator Consultant
● Led a cross-functional design team of both PET and MR in design control process from requirements development and design planning to design transfer.
● Created system requirements that ensure that the product achieves customer and business needs including: feature and functionality, quality, reliability, serviceability, manufacturability, regulatory compliance and cost.
● Developed requirements flow down, architecture/system design and analysis, risk analysis integration and test, manufacturing, field and customer support including corrective and preventative actions to ensure customer satisfaction.
● Worked as Java developer for PET MR scanner group design and created use case diagrams, sequence diagrams and class diagrams using RUP, UML and SOA for implementing various medical image viewing applications.
● Java class diagrams for the host graphical plotting process and host data viewer for all the different electronic components of PET MR scanner using UML and SOA.
● Developed real time web based enterprise host applications using J2EE technologies like Java servlets, JSP, Swing, Applet, Struts, Hibernate, JDBC, JNDI, Java Beans, EJB's, SAX/DOM, DOJO, XML with data acquired from hardware components
● of PET MR scan machine.
● Was responsible for migrating PET scanners with MR scanners utilizing Java technology.
● Developed Java applications software for PETMR scanners and PET MR applications. Environment:Java, J2EE, Java servlets, JSP, Swing, Applet, Struts, Hibernate, JDBC, JNDI, Java Beans, EJB's, SAX/DOM, DOJO, XML, UML
Discover Financial, Chicago, IL September 2012 – March 2013 Java Lead Developer Consultant
● Was responsible for design, test and implementation of credit card system application using Java.
● Designed, tested, implemented monthly incentive/promotions programs for opening credit card for new card holders using Blaze.
● Was responsible for writing business rules such as which credit score goes with each credit card and which promotion goes along with that new credit card
● Redesigned program for existing and new card holder's personal information (name, address, social security numbers, contact information).
● Redesigned all new marketing features such as monthly features to existing and new customers.
● Was responsible for insuring new data matched existing data in the new server.
● Web development was done on IBM WAS, WSAD and Rapid Application Developer (RAD) as development environment.
● Used WebSphere Application Server 6.1 and was involved in setting up application server profiles in RAD for running the applications on development environment.
Senior Java Developer/Architect Consultant
● Worked as a lead Java developer in the manufacturing and engineering software for CT scanner department of
● GE HealthCare.
● Worked as Java architect for CT scanner group designing and creating use case diagrams, sequence diagrams and class diagrams using RUP, UML and SOA for implementing various medical image viewing applications.
● Architected Java class diagrams for the graphical plotting process and data viewer for all the different electronic components of CT scanner using UML and SOA.
● Developed real time graphical plots with data acquired from hardware components of CT scan machine used NetBeans IDE, Java 7, JFree and plot for graphical plots.
● Created graphical plots using complicated mathematical formulas for different electronic components.
Senior Business Analyst/Java C# Developer Consultant
● Designed data marts and enterprise data warehouses using dimensional modeling concepts.
● Experienced in designing star schema data model as well as snow flake schema.
● Designed ETL process for large scale data movement projects.
● Experienced using ETL tools such as Informatica and conversant with the tools MDM (master data management) such as MDM exchange.
● Fabricated solutions to capture process and deliver MDM to internal consumers within client organizations.
● Insurance applications were transferred from IBM mainframe to client server UNIX platform using Java and Informatica; responsible for data mapping utilizing Informatica.
● Applications were used to underwrite policies for new business utilizing Java and C#.
● Developed many ASP.NET web applications using SQL Server and C#, to provide solutions for companywide needs. (ASP.NET, C# Windows apps, C# console Apps, SQL Reporting Services) Structural Design Soft Inc. Milwaukee, WI October 2006 - December 2009 Offshore Project Management/Senior Business Analyst Test Lead
● Used HP Quality Center for creating testing scripts, creating test scenarios and regression testing.
● Performed system-level testing using HP Quality Center.
● Experienced with risk-based testing and scripting.
● Worked as an offshore coordinator for construction industry/a structural engineering company.
● Created requirements documents, technical design and provided technical support to offshore development teams.
● Coordinated software releases within the US environments.
● Validated the code created by the offshore teams and then updated client with the new releases. Northwestern Mutual, Milwaukee, WI October 2005 – October 2006 Java Developer Consultant
● Provided maintenance and support for MQ Series and Message Broker system.
● Performed day-to-day system administration and supported implantation of business requirements.
● Interacted with development and production support teams and customers.
● Deployed debugging techniques to identify root cause problem.
● Provided detailed communication to all levels of the management teams.
● Performed installation/configuration and problem diagnosis for MQ Series and Message Broker on all platforms.
● Worked with various relational databases and implemented message flows consistent with corporate system architecture.
● Worked with project teams to design and document message flow changes.
● Documented the messaging environments that were supported and maintained documentation to the extent necessary for overall system support.
Northern Trust, Chicago, IL September 2004 – September 2005 Quality Assurance Project Manager
● Ensured software product quality from development to deployment.
● Worked closely with client staff to understand business needs and transfer final testing.
● Application has been developed in Java, UNIX and Oracle environment.
● QA team conceived the test scripts as per the business requirements for conducting manual testing and automated testing.
● Headed a team of QA analyst for developing and creating test plans and strategies for image processing services solutions.
● Managed software tradeoffs utilizing C++, Java, UNIX and UML in all development activities Tower Automotive, Milwaukee, WI December 2001 – September 2004 QA Analyst/Tester
● The objective of this project was to test the application for SOA services, user interfaces and mainframes; process consisted of analysis and testing of different modules of the system.
● Facilitated test automation sessions to obtain concurrency on the automation approach or all phases of testing (unit, integration, system, user interface testing, batch process testing and user acceptance).
● Managed and assisted in storage and linkage of test automation scripts to manual test cases.
● Tracked bugs using Test Director and performed regression testing of the entire application once the bugs are fixed using QTP. Environment:Quick Test Pro 8.0, Quality Center 8.0, Test Director, Java 2.0, Java servlets, UNIX, XML, VB Script, JSP, Oracle and Windows NT/2000/XP
Renaissance Worldwide, Inc. Milwaukee, WI September 2000 – October 2001 E-Commerce Infrastructure Architect Specialist Consultant
● As part of client-server web infrastructure team, deployed their entire internet/intranet web-based applications to be hosted on the remote site.
● Participated in converting the existing Net Dynamics applications running on NT environment to the WebSphere frameworks running on UNIX environment.
● Distributed system architecture using WebSphere frameworks environment deployment of various NML applications/components onto client/server web environment.
● Provided various services frameworks that delivered core services such as security services, distributed transaction services and data access services and other complementary services (such as load balancing) to function within the WebSphere environment.
University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science,