Senior Technology Manager
Hands-on manager with record of leading design, development of enterprise solutions, and improving process to drive efficiencies.
Accomplished and results-oriented leader in technology with 16 years experience developing solutions in Telecom, Media, and Finance. Expertise in mobile/web applications and infrastructure, data platforms, quality assurance, and system integrations. Strong strategic and capacity planning, cross functional team collaborations, and delivery of multi-million dollar solutions on time and on budget. Effective communicator, proven ability at recruiting talents and building high performing teams.
Financial Forecast/Technology Roadmap/Waterfall And Agile Methodologies/Software Development Team Management/Architecture Design/Enterprise Data Systems Design and Migration/Data Governance/Service-Oriented Architecture/Transformation Program/Vendor Management Professional
Senior Manager API Development, Scotiabank, Toronto, ON
2019 - Present
Lead API development to implement first global KYC APIs for AML domain. Managing a cross functional team of 20 BSAs, developers, architects, testers and Scrum Masters. Developing multi-year roadmaps for API integrations across multiple lines of business. Delivering features on an aggressive budget of ~3$ million per year. Key Accomplishments
● Built-up and managed a high performing agile team working in a complex business ownership environments, vendor applications, and designing Enterprise APIs
● Delivered foundational real-time endpoints for the KYC Onboarding Program on ID Verification, Address Verification, Occupation, and Account Intended Use on Azure integration points with 3rd party vendor APIs
● Implemented first global prescreen Name Scanning real-time endpoint in Azure to assist customer onboarding with initial integrations in LATAM (Mexico/Peru/Chile) commercial LOBs
● Developed strategic roadmaps for Micro UI Apps to support UTR filings, FATCA reporting, and AML enterprise monitoring systems
● Recipient of Scotiabank Enterprise Technology individual award in 2019 for “Best of the Best”
Senior Manager Data Development, Scotiabank, Toronto, ON
2017 - 2019
Accountable for the data development in the AML Transformation Program to launch the first AML global enterprise data lake platform. Managing a cross functional team of 40 BSAs, developers, and testers. Delivered capabilities on budget to meet tight audit and committed regulatory timelines on ~3$-7$ million per year.
● Built-up and managed a high performing agile team working with intricate source feeds on customer, account and transactions data to develop hundreds of resilient ETL jobs on hadoop platform
● Created Country specific strategies to consolidate data across business lines in Canadian Banking, International Banking, Wealth Management, and Capital Markets in AML data lake
● Utilized AML data platform to integrate with OFSAA Oracle solution for monitoring high, medium, low risk products and case management for EDDU
● Supported AML Analytics Model Group in the implementation of enhanced risk models to reduce false positives by 90%
● Recipient of Scotiabank Enterprise Technology individual award in 2017 and 2018 for “Best of the Best”
Manager Software Engineering, Capital One Canada, Toronto, ON
2015 - 2017
Managed a team of 15 developers, testers and Scrum Masters to develop mobile applications. Responsible to work with Product Owners to set quarterly milestones and support the Leadership Team on long term strategic vision.
● Launched new native iOS and Android flagship wallet mobile app in less than 6 months with the orchestration infrastructure in AWS to support 500K+ Canada Retail and Costco customers
● Created roadmap to deliver the integration of Credit Keeper in the wallet app for key pilot cities on time
● Raised Software Studio visibility successfully by targeting campus recruiting across Canada and local tech talks
● Won Team Awards in 2016 for Canada Hackathon Canada and in 2015 US Card Tech Xcellence
Application Project Leader, Canada Broadcasting Corporation, Toronto, ON
2008 - 2015
Managed a portfolio of ~30 shared services of media applications with a team of 6 developers. Ensured delivery of small to large-scale technology initiatives on time and on budget with fundings up to 1$ million per year.
● Created detailed project plans, estimates, schedules, forecast, SOWs and managed vendor contracts for yearly renewal
● Reduced the software development lifecycle delivery time by 30% through streamlined workflows and agile toolings
● Increased department recoverable budget target by 50% by promoting IT capabilities and services to internal clients
Technology Consultant, eLoyalty Corporation, Torontio, ON
2006 - 2008
Supported project deliveries with hands-on roles in development, project lead, business system analysis, and quality assurance.
● Participated in the development of a new HR employee rewards J2EE/Weblogic application
● Automated the creation of finance reports by using Excel and Cognos Plugin to reduced manual reconciliation by 60%
● Facilitated and conducted JAD sessions to resolve open issues on mobile applications for postpaid and prepaid customers
Software Designer/Team Lead, Motorola Canada Software Group,Montreal, QC
2004 - 2006
Led software projects in a team of 5 to develop applications and provide 24/7 global support.
● Designed a standalone J2EE Asset Management System using Hibernate and Oracle DB to manage enterprise licenses
● Created CMM/CMMI Level 5 compliant software documentation and artifacts
● Member of the Orthogonal Defect Prevention Team to monitor the health and quality of projects
● Development:Oracle, DB2, MS SQL, J2EE/ Java, C/C++, React JS, CSS/HTML/XML, Hadoop, Microservices, SOA, GIT, Qt, Android, iOS, Jenkins, CICD, Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) ● Tools:Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket, Service Now, Splunk, MS Project, Viso, SharePoint, Quality Center
Education and Certifications
● B.Sc. (Hon) Computer Science, McMaster University, Hamilton - 2003
● Assoc. Dip. of Sci., Capilano College, North Vancouver - 2000
● Certified Professional Scrum Master (PSM), Scrum.Org - 2012
● Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management Institute - 2008