GARY R RODSTROM
Omaha, NE 68107
• New Business Development
• Operations and Maintenance
• Hardware/Software Requirements Definition & Interface Specification Development
• Communications Engineering
• Manufacturing Test Engineering
Computer Software/Hardware Integration Consulting Data Analysis/Research
Design/Development Engineering Information Technology (IT) Management
International Business/Expansion/Sales LAN/WAN Networks Design Maintenance
New Market Development Problem Solving Project Management
RFP (Proposal Development) Tactical Field Implementation Telecommunications
• Assisted in implementing process for upper management review of responses to procurement documents to minimize errors and maximize evaluation scores to greater than 100%.
• Assisted in implementing process to conduct periodic status meetings with team resulting in on-time deliverables.
• Deployed to Saudi Arabia to install, maintain, and train personnel on large, complex tactical team trainer resulting in 100% availability for customer needs.
• Deployed to Andros Island in the Bahamas to provide sustaining and communications engineering services for tracking range that resulted in successful upgrade and enhanced television reception.
• Assisted in increasing revenues over $100mil per year by implementing process to accurately respond to procurement documents in a timely manner.
• Maintained 100% equipment availability for $63 million naval trainer used in an international environment.
• Assisted in implementing proposal process to plan, organize, and schedule each submittal to double the number of proposals developed and increase the win ratio 50%.
• Designed and developed test fixture to enable on-site repair of circuit boards that eliminated the need to return them to the manufacturer.
• Ensured proposal deliverables complete by participating in final production process resulting in on-time delivery and reduction of associated costs.
• Performed systems analyses and correction of hardware/software problems in complex one-of-a-kind electronic systems to provide 100% uptime.
06/2015 – Present Sam’s Club, Papillion, NE
Operating Telxon scanner to create drop lists, breaking down and compacting boxes, stocking shelves, and lifting heavy objects with pallet jacks.
07/2014 - 03/2015 CHE Consulting, Inc., Omaha, NE and Kansas City, MO
Responsible for 7/24 maintenance of StorageTek, Oracle, EMC, IBM, and HP Tape Drives/Libraries and Disk Arrays at WiPro Limited in Omaha, NE and Hallmark Cards in Kansas City, MO.
04/2004 - 09/2012 G4S Technology LLC (formerly Adesta Communications, Inc.), Omaha, NE
• Developed proposals resulting in contracts from $.8 million to $47 million and Qualification Statements resulting in bid capacity of over one billion dollars for the Company.
• Developed responsibility and compliance matrixes, interfaced with engineering, sales, marketing, legal, and other departments and had overall responsibility for the management and delivery of the responses.
• Monitored or tracked project milestones and deliverables.
• Monitored the performance of project team members, providing and documenting performance feedback.
• Prepared project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Submitted project deliverables, ensuring adherence to quality standards. Identified need for initial or supplemental project resources.
• Maintained database of company passwords needed to submit registrations and responses for ERP systems such as Oracle and SAP.
11/2002 - 07/2003 Noll Human Resource Services, Omaha, NE
New Accounts Associate
• Direct Client interface through the reception of inbound calls related to new accounts, existing account information, trading matters and other general Client Services issues.
• Answered general information questions, assist Clients with inquiries regarding their accounts and facilitate the processing of client requests.
• Checked to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems according with the Company's policies and procedures.
• Completed contract forms, prepared change of address records, or issue service discontinuance orders, using computers.
09/1990 - 09/2001 Adesta Communications, Inc., Omaha, NE
• Development of proposals for large-scale fiber optic telecommunications networks and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) including automatic vehicle identification, classification, and enforcement in response to State, Private Industry, and Federal Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
• Generated contracts from $30 million to $76 million that included the Iowa Communications Network, Commonwealth Edison's Transmission Backbone Optical Network (TBON), and the CALTRANS Advanced Toll Collection and Audit System (ATCAS).
• Developed responsibility and compliance matrices, interfaced with engineering, sales, marketing, legal, and other departments and had overall responsibility for the management and delivery of the proposal. Experience with Novell Netware as a Work Group Network Administrator on an Ethernet LAN.
02/1984 - 01/1989 Sperry International Services, Clearwater Florida
02/1984 - 06/1984 Northrop Services, Clearwater, Florida
• Consulting services to the Royal Saudi Naval Forces Tactical School in Jubail, Saudi Arabia for the Multi-Environmental Trainer (MET), Device 14A11.
• Systems analyses and correction of hardware/software problems concentrating in areas of the eight networked Gould/SEL computers, G.E. digital radar landmass simulation and AFIT 3000 automatic test equipment.
• Additional experience with Genisco display processors, SQS-56 Sonar, MK-92 fire control, SLQ-32 countermeasures equipment and G.E. large screen display systems.
• Installed and maintained a token ring PC network.
04/1982 - 02/1984 Cubic Corporation, San Diego, California
• Worked in Systems Engineering Group on top level hardware/software design of the Radar Simulation Subsystem (RSS) for the BlB Weapons Systems Trainer.
Field Engineer A
• Assigned as Lead Computer Maintenance Engineer for the MET trainer.
• Performed while device was under development in San Diego, installed in Saudi Arabia, and used for team training.
12/1978 - 04/1982 RCA Service Company, West Palm Beach, FL
System Service Engineer
• Assisted Newport, RI engineering personnel in requirement definition and interface specifications as part of a range upgrade for the Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC).
• Functioned as Project Engineer in charge of five Engineers and Technicians responsible for installation, integration, preventive and corrective maintenance of Gould/SEL computers and Aydin display systems.
• Performed hardware configuration management tasks.
• Responsible for all main base and downrange communications systems for AUTEC.
• Design work consisting of secure voice expansion, antenna at West Palm Beach Airport for emergency Andros/West Palm HF SSB radio link, satellite TVRO and new installation of Missile Operational Phone System (MOPS) in command and control facility.
03/1978 - 12/1978 Control Data Corporation, Omaha, NE
Manufacturing Test Engineer
• Conducted evaluations and experiments to improve manufacturing process in pack test area and established test accept/reject criteria for new product lines.
• Analyzed test data, making computations as necessary, to determine test results.
• Inspected, tested, or measured materials, products, installations, or work for conformance to specifications.
• Notified supervisors or other personnel of production problems.
• Wrote test and inspection reports describing results, recommendations, or needed repairs.
06/1977 - 03/1978 Omaha Public Power District, Omaha, NE
Apprentice Substation Electrician
• Assisted in construction of 345KV Substation
• Rebuilt 13KV Distribution Transformers
Education and Training
Completion Date Issuing Institution Location Qualification Course of Study
08/2001 Creighton University NE Master's Degree Information Technology Management
12/1998 Creighton University NE Master's Degree Business Administration
12/1977 University of Nebraska at Omaha NE Bachelor's Degree Electronics Engineering Technology
Ocupational Licenses & Certificates
Certification Title Issuing Organization Completion Date
STK Library Course CompTIA
CHE Consulting 09/26/2002