LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/rohit-r-sharma Github: https://github.com/rohitSharma02 SUMMARY: Technology has always fascinated me. Aspects such as writing codes as part of Application Development intrigued me holistically, because of which I complemented, my classroom lessons by conducting numerous research projects both compulsory and voluntary, two industrial trainings and a host of other scholastic works. EDUCATION
San José State University, San José, CA M.S. in Software Engineering 2018-Present Courses: Enterprise Software Technology, Enterprise Software Overview. KIET Group of Institutions, India B.Tech. in Computer Science Engineering 2013-2017 Courses: Data Structures, Computer Networks, Web Technology. SKILLS
Development: Python, Java, C,C++
Database: MongoDB, MySql, SQLite
Testing: Mocha, Apache JMeter, JUnit
Cloud Technologies: AWS EC2, Heroku, VMware
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows 10, MacOS
Other Tools/Methodologies: GitHub, Npm, Scrum,
Postman, Astah* UML, Agile, Greenfoot
Intern, Symlogic Technologies Pvt. Ltd., India May 2015 - June 2015
● Designed and implemented front-end of the application with dual functioning with the restaurant.
● Deployed their products with finesse for clients in a team of six members. Intern, TMI Technologies Pvt. Ltd., India 1st June 2016-30th June 2016
● Build an eCommerce web application.
● Gained practical knowledge of Core and Advance PHP, SQL. ACADEMIC PROJECTS
Movie Ticket Booking Application( https://github.com/Anuragis/Fandango-Prototype ), S.J.S.U. May 2018 Technologies Used: ReactJS, Redux, Elasticsearch, Node.js, Passport.js, Apache Kafka, MochaJS, Apache JMeter, Redis, MongoDB, MYSQL
● Implemented Redis catching for searching feature, as a result, the server was able to respond to ~10k concurrent user within 1s in a team of five members.
● Developed a Kafka implementation with multiple partitions for fault tolerance and log indexing with Elasticsearch for analytics graphs.
Pirates Of Caribbean Java Game ( https://github.com/nguyensjsu/sp18-202-nintendo ), S.J.S.U May 2018 Technologies/Methodologies Used: Java, Design Patterns, Kanban
● Designed and implemented UI-Wireframes, user stories, UML Diagrams like activity diagram, class and sequence diagram, Burn-down Chart, Github Task Board, Sprint Task Sheets, scrum reports, XP values journal.
● Implemented Complex Design patterns like Strategy Pattern, Factory Pattern, Command Pattern, State Pattern in a team of four members.
● Integrated the code and tested the game for bugs. Web Crawler With Browser Automation( https://github.com/rohitSharma02/Web-Crawler - ), K.I.E.T May 2017 Technologies Used: Python 3.0, Selenium
● Implemented a web crawler which crawls all the URLs in a specific domain and created a metasearch engine.
● Designed and implemented Web scraping for Indian Railways website for seat availability status.
● Implemented web scraper to download subtitles for video files.
● Reduced the workload of Professors by 80% by providing them the Quiz App with Content Management System(CMS).
● Designed Infrastructure which was following all the standards of HTML, CSS.
● Live projects include but not limited to the Image gallery, request call, admission forms, google location API. ACHIEVEMENTS
● Winner- Innoteck 2015(Job Portal Website)
● Winner- Project Exhibition-2015(Live Website)
● 5th-Position- Project Exhibition-2015(Face recognition System)