Jonathan R. Gee
Dear Human Resources:
I am sending you my résumé in response to your job posting. Please note I have an extensive background in object-oriented programming, design patterns, and ECMAScript. Working independently, I have reached an advance TypeScript level, which I can demonstrate on my GitHub repositories.
For more than 6 years I was a Flash Programmer at World Golf Tour. Whereas I was initially brought on board to manage the Major League Baseball development game, within a short amount of time due to my innovative and creative implementations, I was promoted to sole developer on the flagship golf game. For the duration, my responsibilities included the upkeep of yearly virtual tournaments, creation of features such as particle effects & new game modes, and code-based maintenance via correcting technical debt. Using agile methodologies my resolution rate consistently ranked in the 95 percentile.
As Software Engineer at Rocket Ninja, a San Francisco start-up, I wrote sophisticated components using a mix of Flash and Java. Again, due to my durable work ethic and strong teamwork capabilities, I was promoted to Senior Software Engineer using Java Spring, Flash, and Hibernate ORM for full stack coding. By spearheading the incorporation of an additional network service using OpenSocial, I was directly involved in influencing user acquisition growth by over 10% in less than one fiscal quarter.
Prior to being on the ground floor of exciting opportunities at Rocket Ninja, I enjoyed immense success as a Flash Developer at Zynga. Working primarily on the Facebook game YoVille, I simplified the build process by splitting the art-pipeline from the code generation. This was in addition to my assigned tasks of fixing bugs and implementing features. The time I spent at Microsoft as a Media Associate directly prior well-prepared me for such welcomed challenges. Besides being entrusted to build the Dove website using Flash, I led ongoing team meetings in the Beet Department (Branded Entertainment & Experiences Team) consisting of object-oriented programming. This included ongoing international communication with our China and Ireland offices.
If hired, I would bring to your organization the unique blend of an employee with expert skill-sets working for some of the most respected businesses in the country, and someone with a documented track record of successfully managing programs and projects. I can be reached immediately at 415-***-**** or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an interview. I look forward to speaking with you about how my skills can benefit your organization. Sincerely,
Jonathan R. Gee
Jonathan R. Gee
415-***-**** email@example.com github.com/ris0tt0/ Advanced developer in the entertainment industry with over 10 years experience building games
Skills * Proficient engineering professional with expertise in OOP/OOD, agile methodologies, & SQL
* Ability to analyze complex technical information
* Participant in source control and design reviews
* Superb problem solver
Education University of New Mexico Major: Computer Science Professional
Accomplishments World Golf Tour 2012-2018
* Implemented new features such as the virtual United States Open
* Authored automation framework in Java for quality assurance using Sikuli and Selenium
* Composed JSFL tools using TypeScript aiding the asset creation pipeline by removing obsolete software
* Maintained the code base by identifying and fixing tech debt Rocket Ninja 2010-2012
Senior Software Engineer
* Unblocked client engineers and assisted the Quality Assurance and Art teams
* Scripted database migrations using Hibernate ORM
* Added API support for the flash client using Red 5 Media Server
*Integrated Facebook credits API
* Wrote sophisticated components using a mix of Flash(Robotlegs) and Java(Spring, Tomcat, Hibernate and Red5)
Flash Game Developer
* Updated the build process to remove the Flash authoring tool to exclusively use Eclipse IDE with Flash builder plugin to split the code from the art
* Resolved errors via troubleshooting analysis
*Conducted object-oriented programming meetings
*Coordinated development of Dove website in partnership with China & Ireland offices Personal
Interests Sports, reading, traveling *References furnished upon request